Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve certainly seen plenty of live streaming trials where defense attorneys simply lean over and talk with their clients. There’s always LE working security nearby and there is no concern expressed or drama. In my opinion, this is probably done thousands of times a day in courtrooms across the country.
The defense here is only trying to perpetuate their fable that LE, the prosecution, and JG are conniving partners in a conspiracy to frame a man who has confessed 30+ times to brutally killing two young girls.

Are you saying that "they" are saying Rozzi wouldn't even say anything to him? Or is it they wanted to discuss matters more in-depth and couldn't find a private place to do so? I'll wait to hear from people who were actually in the courtroom before I offer an opinion on Rozzi refusing to speak to his own client at the table.

IMO MOO

Then it's apples and oranges. It makes sense to "keep it all together" like that with an open ended trial, not one with strict, tight deadlines (and scant hearings beforehand). Maybe she will start holding hearings now.

IMO MOO

I expressed earlier that JG’s mistake was not scheduling the trial to be open ended so I think we’re actually on the same page here. I was only mentioning the Murdaugh trial to show that there are different ways to do it.
I’ll add though that in my opinion, JG’s problem was not that she needed more hearings, but that she needed to rule in a more timely manner. Not everything needed a hearing.

It was always a game, the D was never ready to go, and played the MST card for a reason... ;)

It upsets me for Abby, Libby and the families, justice delayed is justice denied. Yet I can hold out for an eternity to see the sicko monster behind bars.

IMO

I get it. Just hope someone let the families know in advance there is a possibility for the delay. No way do I believe the D was ready when they asked for a speedy trial. No way. Wait 6 days before trial to realize this? In fact I am more convinced than ever RA is guilty. IMO the D's only defense is to get any evidence thrown out. This strongly tells me the prosecutor has strong evidence. And the d knows it. I now speculate RA pleads guilty on Oct 13th. Did they not know they would not be ready when they begged for the expert witness money?

My heart aches for the families very much today. Six days prior to trial. Nothing but games IMO.

“My job is not to micromanage attorneys,” Gull said. “My job is to call balls and strikes in the courtroom.”

Ha! Sounds to me she was micromanaging the defense attorneys by limiting their time to present their client's defense! JMO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
when offered the chance to speak with Allen in the sheriff’s office, the defense declined.

I would too, the sheriff's office is probably bugged! I would rather do it at the jail due to rooms being set up for attorney/client meetings but not the sheriff's office.

Link article I snipped from.

Are you saying that "they" are saying Rozzi wouldn't even say anything to him? Or is it they wanted to discuss matters more in-depth and couldn't find a private place to do so? I'll wait to hear from people who were actually in the courtroom before I offer an opinion on Rozzi refusing to speak to his own client at the table.

IMO MOO

You’re the one who asked the question. I was just commenting on my observations in watching other trials.
I certainly wasn’t there and didn’t claim to be.

“My job is not to micromanage attorneys,” Gull said. “My job is to call balls and strikes in the courtroom.”

Ha! Sounds to me she was micromanaging the defense attorneys by limiting their time to present their client's defense! JMO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
when offered the chance to speak with Allen in the sheriff’s office, the defense declined.

I would too, the sheriff's office is probably bugged! I would rather do it at the jail due to rooms being set up for attorney/client meetings but not the sheriff's office.

Link article I snipped from.

Exactly. These attorneys are not dumb.

IMO

IMO

Yes, and I would like to clarify being from the area the sheriff's office is not downtown next to the city/county lockup where Allen was (I'm sure he is on his way back to Wabash by now) being housed which is very close to the courthouse. So close they walk through the underground tunnels to the courthouse for hearings. That is why you never see perp walks unless they let the media in the tunnel. (I have seen a few on the news) The sheriff's office is on the NW end of Allen Co. so why would they want to transport him there?

I expressed earlier that JG’s mistake was not scheduling the trial to be open ended so I think we’re actually on the same page here. I was only mentioning the Murdaugh trial to show that there are different ways to do it.
I’ll add though that in my opinion, JG’s problem was not that she needed more hearings, but that she needed to rule in a more timely manner. Not everything needed a hearing.
RSBBM

<Not everything needed a hearing.>

Nor is one legally required on every Motion submitted by the D & P.

MOO

Last edited:
They should never have asked for a speedy trial. It was all game playing. The only people who suffer yet again are the loved ones of Abby and Libby, unfortunately. But, as the defense don’t care about them, it doesn’t matter.

I will look forward to a load more Franks before October.

Mooo

Last edited:

IMO
I might have to disagree on this one. Unprofessional misconduct, leaking of sacred Discovery items and goodness knows what else has me undecided in they're less than intelligent or simply playing fast and loose at the expense of their own Client RA (remember him?) and the victims in this case.

JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for no link to substantiate>

Westerman is a friend and former coworker of attorney Andrew Baldwin, one of the lawyers originally appointed to defend Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen.

According to court documents, Westerman admitted he used his phone to take photos of evidence in the Delphi case without permission. It happened while he was at Baldwin’s office. Some of the evidence included sensitive crime scene photos.

Westerman shared the photos with a Fishers man, who sent the leaked evidence to someone in Texas. It then ended up in the hands of YouTuber and podcast creators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Westerman is a friend and former coworker of attorney Andrew Baldwin, one of the lawyers originally appointed to defend Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen.

According to court documents, Westerman admitted he used his phone to take photos of evidence in the Delphi case without permission. It happened while he was at Baldwin’s office. Some of the evidence included sensitive crime scene photos.

Westerman shared the photos with a Fishers man, who sent the leaked evidence to someone in Texas. It then ended up in the hands of YouTuber and podcast creators.

I'm aware.

Their office was the source of the problem, where confidential information was left open for others to take pictures.

Moo

Not shocked but angry. We knew this would happen. This is sad for the families and will likely be a plea deal. Now I guess the D will be focused on their client's defense.
Not shocked either but I don't know about a plea deal. It would make sense with 20+ confessions but with this D, I just worry what else they have in mind, another 5 months to muck around leaking info in countless FM's and more. I'm very cynical concerning them. Hope I'm wrong. AJMO

Not shocked either but I don't know about a plea deal. It would make sense with 20+ confessions but with this D, I just worry what else they have in mind, another 5 months to muck around leaking info in countless FM's and more. I'm very cynical concerning them. Hope I'm wrong. AJMO

Well, we "know" at least one of his confessions had cause of death wrong, so they must think that what they have is better than the "confessions." I think the delay in the trial does make the chances of a plea deal better, but I still think it's pretty low. That could change.

IMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members