Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I figured it was going to be a quick second after JG made her contempt decision that they would withdraw their motion for speedy trial.
It served their purpose IMO
My thoughts go out to the families here.
And less than a hot minute for BR to insult the judge in her courtroom, it seems.I think that will be their crusade now for the next 5 months, to get JG off the case. AJMO

I find it hard to understand how people can say these attorneys don't care about this client. They are going so hard for him and likely neglecting nearly everything else in their practice. Additionally, there are so many other respected attorneys also completely disagreeing with the way the judge is handling this case, even taking it to the SCOIN.

I know people don't like them simply because they are defense attorneys and they believe "guilty until proven innocent," but I just don't see it in this case.

JMO MOO

Why scold a true crime discussion forum with a Principle of the Justice System that doesn’t even apply to us?

Innocent until proven guilty, Due Process, is a mechanism of the Courts.

It is a Legal Term in Criminal Court that insures every person accused of a crime gets a fair trial.

To conflate relatively uninformed opinions of web sleuths on a true crime discussion forum with a Criminal Court proceeding lacks the understanding of that legal term as applied to Courts and the Government Actors.

I believe some us don’t like these defense attorneys.

all imo

They should never have asked for a speedy trial. It was all game playing. The only people who suffer yet again are the loved ones of Abby and Libby, unfortunately. But, as the defense don’t care about them, it doesn’t matter.

I will look forward to a load more Franks before October.

Mooo
The defense is not SUPPOSED to care about the family of the victims. Their only concern is for RA. Period. No matter what they may feel personally or how they care about the kids or their loved ones, they have one job. One person to worry about. And it’s RA.

I find it hard to understand how people can say these attorneys don't care about this client. They are going so hard for him and likely neglecting nearly everything else in their practice. Additionally, there are so many other respected attorneys also completely disagreeing with the way the judge is handling this case, even taking it to the SCOIN.

I know people don't like them simply because they are defense attorneys and they believe "guilty until proven innocent," but I just don't see it in this case.

JMO MOO
Well look on the bright side, it will give DH 5 more months to entreat the public for more money...unless that has hit the bottom of the well? I haven't looked. Maybe the P will have to request matching funds...to keep the trial fair?

Well look on the bright side, it will give DH 5 more months to entreat the public for more money...unless that has hit the bottom of the well? I haven't looked. Maybe the P will have to request matching funds...to keep the trial fair?

Yes, that is a good thing if they will need the money for experts. 5 more months is good for both sides and to provide a better chance of getting this done once and done right (no appeal).

MOO IMO

And less than a hot minute for BR to insult the judge in her courtroom, it seems.I think that will be their crusade now for the next 5 months, to get JG off the case. AJMO
And she should be tbh. Because if she stays on, the ground work for an appeal is quite well laid in my view. If a new judge took over I think the appeals chances could go way down.

And she should be tbh. Because if she stays on, the ground work for an appeal is quite well laid in my view. If a new judge took over I think the appeals chances could go way down.

She has done nothing but act professionally so no she shouldn’t have to walk because the Defense are incompetent.

Moo

The defense is not SUPPOSED to care about the family of the victims. Their only concern is for RA. Period. No matter what they may feel personally or how they care about the kids or their loved ones, they have one job. One person to worry about. And it’s RA.
Obviously, since leaks of the two young girl's death photos came from their office and more as well as outlandish and horrific claims in the FM...the first one is what I'm referring to. They seem to care not for the victims nor their families, that's for certain. AJMO

She has done nothing but act professionally so no she shouldn’t have to walk because the Defense are incompetent.

Moo
Well, we can agree to disagree on professionalism here I guess. I don’t find it professional that she makes summary judgements without benefit of hearings or written decisions, is accused of failing or neglecting to pay counsel, refused to pay for experts (we don’t even know why she refused as I don’t think we were told), dismissed counsel without hearing….

Her bias against counsel has been pretty clear for sometime now. I doubt she will recuse herself but I feel like she should. That may be a professional decision on her part.

Well, we "know" at least one of his confessions had cause of death wrong, so they must think that what they have is better than the "confessions." I think the delay in the trial does make the chances of a plea deal better, but I still think it's pretty low. That could change.

IMO MOO

Perpetrators lie and deceive:

It is likely that anyone who interviews criminals for a living will be lied to on a regular basis.
[…]

Regardless of the type of lie, the goal is the same—to intentionally mislead another person into believing something the liar knows is false. People who unknowingly provide false information do not demonstrate emotional arousal or other cues associated with deception. It is only when a lie is told knowingly and intentionally that the liar can be expected to display signs.

https://leb.fbi.gov/articles/featured-articles/the-truth-about-lying-what-investigators-need-to-know

I understand Richard Allen was in a froth at the time of the deceptive “confession” utterances.

all imo

Obviously, since leaks of the two young girl's death photos came from their office and more as well as outlandish and horrific claims in the FM...the first one is what I'm referring to. They seem to care not for the victims nor their families, that's for certain. AJMO
That’s literally their job though. To defend their client vigorously. In an ideal world defense counsel would show more care and concern for victims and their loved ones but they can’t always do that and do their jobs at the same time. I don’t doubt they feel for the families. I don’t doubt this case and thoughts of the kids keeps them up at night. But their problem is to kick up whatever fuss they can in order to ensure RA gets a fair trial, is treated as well as he can be while awaiting trial, make sure his rights aren’t trampled and to try to convince the jury that RA didn’t do it. I don’t agree with everything they’ve done to date - but they seem to be doing their jobs.

The only appeal that's possible is a mistrial where he will be tried again and found guilty. But we can go that route if that's what it takes. No amount of appeals will set RA free. They should take a break from Franks and fanfic and use these next few months to build a logical defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage