Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #184

11/22/2022: Motion for Order Prohibiting the Parties, Counsel, Law Enforcement Officials, Court Personnel, Coroner, and Family Members from Disseminating Information or Releasing Any Extra-Judicial Statements by Means of Public Communication filed by State of Indiana.

1//22/2022: Defendant appears in person and with counsel. State by Prosecuting Attorney. Hearing held on State's Verified Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Court Record. Matter taken under advisement. Defendant's Petition to Let to Bail ordered set for hearing in Carroll Circuit Court on February 17, 2023 at 10:00 am. Court to enter transport order. Omnibus date rescheduled to February 17, 2023 at 10:00 am by agreement of counsel.

11/29/2022: The Court, having had this matter under advisement following a hearing conducted on November 22, 2022, now denies the State's Verified Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Court Record, in part. The Court further finds that the Media Intervenors' Motion for Leave to Intervene is moot, and therefore, denied. Court orders that the redacted Charging Informations and Affidavit for Probable Cause, submitted by the State at the hearing on November 22, 2022, be filed with the Clerk of the Court with this Order, and further that the Clerk shall not release (without prior Court approval) the original, sealed unredacted Informations and Affidavit. (emphasis mine)

11/29/2022: redacted PCA filed.

November 29, 2022 is the date the redacted PCA was released.
Doesn’t explain away all the other discovery he testified to have seen. Thumbdrives of interviews, thumb drives of phone extractions. Getting calls from people and picking up phones etc.
He was retired as of December 21st 2021. Why was he getting access to all this information not available to the public. JMO
Also I did not see the PCA released until June 2023.

Kudos on your research.

Just to show TC wasn't leaning one way or the other, this probably should be noted about TC's defense attorney friend:

Page 15, 22 A
After Richard Allen was arrested, what, if anything, did you do?
I eventually contacted a friend of mine, who was a former prosecutor, and
was a criminal defense attorney.

During your sleuthing, did you happen to find out evidence of Click's employment, or lack of, during the time he left the Rushville LE force and when he became a parole agent with the State of Indiana?
No it’s not accounted for from my search. And it stated under oath he was a parole officer then directly prior a deputy of Rushville police department assisting Ferency and Murphy for 3 years trying to tie locals to the Delpbi Murders. Three years came up without any proof.
At no point during his testimony did he state he was working as an investigator for defense. Yet he had access to discovery and recent interviews. Seems fishy to me.
JMO

Doesn’t explain away all the other discovery he testified to have seen. Thumbdrives of interviews, thumb drives of phone extractions. Getting calls from people and picking up phones etc.
He was retired as of December 21st 2021. Why was he getting access to all this information not available to the public. JMO
That is correct. It was filed in 2022 and not released to the public until June 2023:

06/28/2023Order Issued
The Court has reviewed the electronic file recently and discovered many pleadings and filings have been marked as sealed and confidential, and, therefore, unavailable to the public The Court has consulted with Counsel for the State of Indiana and the Defense and discovered the pleadings have been deemed confidential to comply with the Court Order dated December 2, 2022 which prohibits public comment, commonly referred to as the "Gag Order". Counsel agree with the Court that the public interest is best served by transparency, but that certain pleadings should remain sealed. Counsel agree that the original, unredacted Affidavit for Probable Cause shall remain sealed as it lists names of juvenile witnesses; that the Transport Orders previously entered (and future Orders) shall remain sealed for security purposes; and that the Defense Ex Parte Motions and related Orders shall remain sealed pursuant to long established case law. All other pleadings filed prior to the date of this Order shall be unsealed and available to the public, except for the pleadings explicitly mentioned in this paragraph. Future pleadings and filings that are to be confidential shall comply with Court rules. Further, the Court has consulted with the Clerk of the Carroll Circuit Court about the impact of this Order on her office and staff, and the public interest in the pleadings which are being made available. As hundreds of pages of documents are being unsealed, this may create obstacles to the Clerk and the public. To ease the burden on the Clerk of the Court, and to ensure accessibility, the Court will make copies of the now public pleadings available at allensuperiorcourt.us/Delphi. John McGauley, Allen Superior Court, Court Executive has created this page on the Court's website to make these pleadings easily accessible to the public, the media, and the parties. This link should be active within hours of the issuance of this Order

That is correct. It was filed in 2022 and not released to the public until June 2023:

06/28/2023Order Issued
The Court has reviewed the electronic file recently and discovered many pleadings and filings have been marked as sealed and confidential, and, therefore, unavailable to the public The Court has consulted with Counsel for the State of Indiana and the Defense and discovered the pleadings have been deemed confidential to comply with the Court Order dated December 2, 2022 which prohibits public comment, commonly referred to as the "Gag Order". Counsel agree with the Court that the public interest is best served by transparency, but that certain pleadings should remain sealed. Counsel agree that the original, unredacted Affidavit for Probable Cause shall remain sealed as it lists names of juvenile witnesses; that the Transport Orders previously entered (and future Orders) shall remain sealed for security purposes; and that the Defense Ex Parte Motions and related Orders shall remain sealed pursuant to long established case law. All other pleadings filed prior to the date of this Order shall be unsealed and available to the public, except for the pleadings explicitly mentioned in this paragraph. Future pleadings and filings that are to be confidential shall comply with Court rules. Further, the Court has consulted with the Clerk of the Carroll Circuit Court about the impact of this Order on her office and staff, and the public interest in the pleadings which are being made available. As hundreds of pages of documents are being unsealed, this may create obstacles to the Clerk and the public. To ease the burden on the Clerk of the Court, and to ensure accessibility, the Court will make copies of the now public pleadings available at allensuperiorcourt.us/Delphi. John McGauley, Allen Superior Court, Court Executive has created this page on the Court's website to make these pleadings easily accessible to the public, the media, and the parties. This link should be active within hours of the issuance of this Order

PCA was released 11/22

PCA was released 11/22

Thank you I do see this. Still remembering something like it wasn't meant to be released and filed incorrectly? Then back under seal until made public with names redacted. But this def does read as you stated thank you!

06/28/2023Order Issued
It specifically states the unredacted version should remain sealed, which makes sense because it has names in it (emphasis mine). The redacted version was not unavailable.

When did I bring up any of that? I'm not speaking to anything besides the administrative sequence of when the redacted version of the PCA was released.

But that was all the info from the Click, etc investigation. It had nothing to do with information available to the public.

(excerpts)
PG 19
I was contacted by Mr Mullins of Mr McLeland's office and it was mid-
August, I believe, of 2023
He wanted to set up a meeting with me and Detective Holeman and asked
that I provide all of my investigative materials,
which would include police
reports, audio/video recordings of interviews, and then they told me that they
would sit down with me to go over some of the evidence that they had against
Mr. Allen to try and put my mind at ease

Pg 20
I went to the Indiana State Police Post and met with the detectives, Mr
Holeman and Mr Vido [phonetic], I believe
I provided them with everything that I had. I provided them with a thumb
drive that contained all of the interviews that was conducted. I believe there was
some cell phone extraction data that was included in that, like my audio and

video interviews, and then I sat down with Detective Vido [phonetic] for
approximately an hour or so and just kind of gave a brief summary of the
investigative work that Detective Ferency, Detective Murphy, and I had
completed

But that was all the info from the Click, etc investigation. It had nothing to do with information available to the public.

(excerpts)
PG 19

Pg 20
drive that contained all of the interviews that was conducted. I believe there was

completed
It goes on to say on Page 23 that the State didn't know where he got the phone data. This was PWs phone from 2023 so not his original investigative materials. The defense gave him this to interpret. Diener goes on to ask if he has training in Cellebrite and once he provided details on his experience she had no further questions. She then began to object and that was sustained.

:

1715364212731.png

(excerpts)
PG 19

Pg 20

completed
Nope he also testified on having an evidence obtained from 2023. Long after he retired. He had viewed the 2023 interview with Brad Holder and phone extraction from Patrick Westfalls phone from 2023.

Pages 23-24 and 28.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_uzt1scL8s-u9118uwlB180EhcEeIUOC/view

An excerpt as to why Click made this work discoverable to the defense.
His attorney told him to.

23 Q In this document, you say, "I want to write to ensure you've been provided
24 all of the information associated with the investigative efforts for your use in this
25 [case and for disclosure to opposing counsel, as provided by law"; is that right?

2 Q Why'd you do that?

3 A Per the advice of my attorney, any information that was presented to the
Prosecutor's Office should also be discoverable to any defense counsel

Heavily coached JMO
Not normal ex-LE behavior. Why wouldn’t he just pick up the phone and call one of the lead investigators. So strange IMO.
When did I bring up any of that? I'm not speaking to anything besides the administrative sequence of when the redacted version of the PCA was released.
You didn’t.

I responded that there is additional statements given during his testimony that make it appear that he had access to discovery from after his retirement from law enforcement. I gave several examples to why it appears that way. Perhaps he viewed the PCA same as others in November of 2022. It does not explain his access to other discovery post retirement. Jmo
Protected discovery.
AMO.

It goes on to say on Page 23 that the State didn't know where he got the phone data. This was PWs phone from 2023 so not his original investigative materials. The defense gave him this to interpret. Diener goes on to ask if he has training in Cellebrite and once he provided details on his experience she had no further questions. She then began to object and that was sustained.

:

View attachment 502754
Witness testifies he was allowed to view phone dump information when he is not presently on case or working as a named investigator for the defense. Seems highly unethical.
I don’t know how Diener or the court let that fly.
JMO

IMO
This whole Click conversation has been an exercise in... something?

In the beginning, I thought Click was a good cop, doing a good job.
Now I know he had every right to access the PCA,
All the information he brought to LE was from his own investigation.
The judge and the P allowed him and the D to discuss the 2023 phone data.

In the end, I still think Click was a good cop, doing a good job.
Five stars to him for being one of the many we can be proud of.

I don’t understand why Click would still have access to police files long after he retired.

The other aspect I think is hinky is during the entire 3 years of investigating, not even one official report was completed, therefore he found it necessary to draft up his own report years after the fact?

I’d also venture to guess somewhere along the line his ‘assistance’ to the task force became undesired because of his obvious tunnel vision. I got the impression members became reluctant to share information with him. JMO
Volume 1, Page 20
IMG_8344.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t understand why Click would still have access to police files long after he retired.

The other aspect I think is hinky is during the entire 3 years of investigating, not even one official report was completed, therefore he found it necessary to draft up his own report years after the fact? I’d venture to guess somewhere along the line his ‘assistance’ to the task force became undesired because of his obvious tunnel vision. JMO

View attachment 502758
Even better is he got involved pretty randomly not necessarily sought out. They brought EF in for his interview in 2018 and Click set up the investigation room. They asked if he was familiar with EF and when he said he was they asked him to find a link. He started up his investigation and did do a thorough job in 2018. No one is negating that. It just didn't land in an arrest. I promise I read the original report was 12 pages. I see what was submitted after his lawyers involvement was more like 86 pages. Now I have to ease my brain and go find this.

I agree with you. I think RA committed the murders as well based on the narratives he gave in 2017. He said he was there between 1:30-3:30 and walked across both the Freedom Bridge and the High Monan Bridge. He said he did not see anyone else at the High Bridge which is hard to believe considering photos show that Libby and Abby had begun walking across it by 2:14 PM. Also, if he himself wasn’t BG than IMO he possibly should have had a high likelihood of crossing or spotting this figure as well but such occurrence is not mentioned in his narrative. RA also stated in 2017 that he parked at the CPS building. The affidavit notes that a witness spotted a singular car parked at the CPS building and the description she gave was similar to that of one RA’s two cars. Similar to what another witness described BG wearing, RA also advised LE in 2022 that he wore a blue or black Carhatt jacket, blue jeans and a head covering. RA description of himself that matches that of BG given by 4 witnesses who were on the bridge. Furthermore, no other visitors who were on the trails that day between 2:14-4:30 PM recall seeing RA despite him stating he walked the same trails as before to get back to his vehicle.

Furthermore, not only does he own a Sig Sauer Model P226 but similar to LE’s profile of BG in 2017, RA was a frequent visitor to the Monan High Bridge and was noted as being quite comfortable walking across the old structure and along the park’s other trails. IMO his familiarity would have enabled him from avoiding being seen by other potential witnesses or those looking for Libby and Abby as he fled the park. As alluded to by prosecutors in RL’s warrant, I think it is also quite possible that RA prepared beforehand with a kill kit of his own that included both his gun, to scare and coerce the girls, and a knife to carry out his horrific crimes. Though I am not sure whether or not he targeted Libby and Abby specifically I agree with others who speculate that he chose that park and that day because he knew the local schools had a snow day off, there was chance multiple students would visit the park and with his familiarity and weapons and the design of the bridge and surrounding geography he could target, stalk and then corner an isolated minor or minors and coerce them to a predetermined kill site that would offer him isolation, coverage and an escape route. In other words, he potentially could operate like a vicious and terrifying predator that threatened the well-being of Delphis children and adolescents. Any skills or practice he had in hunting perhaps would only give him an even better advantage to neutralize his victims and carry out his kills while reducing his risk of harming himself or leaving too much of a mess on himself and any evidence that could link him in particular to the crime.

JMO speculation of course and could be wrong

The 4 girls/witnesses saw RA going straight forward and seemingly "on a mission" from the FB in direction of the MHB. He seemed completely focused, as he didn't even know, how many girls he had seen (3, he thought). He didn't greet back, when one girl said a "hello" to him.
IMO/MOO, nobody would behave like that, if he didn't expect, that his (next) victims would be at the MHB at a certain time. If it wasn't clear from the start, that Abby and Libby would arrive and would have a reason going to/onto the MHB, why should RA behave like someone with a goal to fulfill? If he had waited for any x-arbitrary girl/woman to show up in the area, he would have rather ambled around, I imagine. But it seems, he had a plan and he had an exact time (with the help of someone, who would have known as the first). IMO

Last edited:
I wonder if we will hear that the Shots profile was actually being used by RA and if so, the rest will easily fall into place.

That is what many people believe to be the case....there are some things which make it seem possible. we do know that there were a few people that had access to the Shots profile. And there were other phoney profiles that engaged with the Shots profile online. And in the interrogation of KAK, he spoke about having a drop box online, in which others saw pictures etc.

So I do think it is possible that the extensive investigation into KAK and the Shots Profile may have led them to RA's back door.

If I may respectfully add to this, we also know that Libby and her friends were in communication with Anthony Shots, Anthony Shots who was pretending to be a young teen. Anthony Shots who was catfishing from a fake online profile used for CSAM.

Oooo, oooo I nominate Dr. Kenny Kinsey from the Murdaugh trial. Humble but confident and knowledgable. Friendly, but will not be insulted, manipulated, or pushed around during testimony. Clear explanations of complicated forensics.

And who can forget (who watched the trial): "Really?? It's...it's a cone!"
He is a fantastic expert witness.

First Clink acknowledges he’s only assisting the team, but later it’s as if he expects the two FBI agents on the task force to report to him. His lack of full involvement and full knowledge of results is probably why he’s being deliberately evasive regarding his participation in the task force investigation. In other words IMO he’s full of hot air. I can bet he’ll never see a witness stand during this case, if he does it’s further proof for RA that his D is sorely inadequate.

Volume 1, Page 9
IMG_8346.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592