ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think I've implied that in my posts, then I wasn't clear. My complaint is that the A's seem to have little, if any compassion for Caylee and certainly the intent to deny justice for her. What I've read from other posters I understood to be in a similar vein. I've seen a few, me included, who complimented others for their ability to forgive and feel compassion for the A's while we just cannot do it ourselves.

Lin, I wanted to tell you I have noticed you complimenting others for being forgiving and compassionate toward the A's, and I liked your ability to do that.

You suggest it goes both way but so far, I've only seen it go one way: That those who will not forgive the A's are heartless. After all, they're victims. They lost that status with me when it became clear they were doing everything they could to defend KC, up to and imo including obstructing justice and little or nothing for Caylee.

Maybe you've seen it go one way similarly to how sometimes people from either side of an issue both think the media is biased against them -- we tend to notice the things we think are attacking or disrespecting our own point of view. But I have seen it go both ways too, on various forums and I think that includes WS where I have lurked off and on before joining . I have seen it said, and/ or very strongly implied, that anyone who feels any compassion for the A's must not REALLY care about Caylee -- or not as much as those who revile the people she loved most.
( Please don't take that to mean I am attributing such comments to you personally.)

For myself: I try to have compassion for them though at times it is not easy -- perhaps it helps that I did not bother watching all of their interviews. but I try to give them the benefit ofthe doubt.
But as for forgiveness -- No. As someone who does not know any of the people involved, I do not see it is my place to forgive them or not forgive them. It is really up to Caylee, who because of Casey is not here. And of course up to God.
(Thats just my own belief.)

[/B]

It does not bother me either.
I imagine the media falling over each other to get to the "A"s
But I can not imagine the "A"s willing to stop paying their mortgage, or eating or getting
the defense they need and pushing all that away...NO I can not imagine that.
They are getting the help they need, or they could be in the street with all the onlookers
that are camped outside thier door.
Having said this another thing to remember is:
they are not the murderers they are victims too.

Yes, I think the Anthonys definitely needed help, especially the day Caylee's body was found.

For all those that want to read more about how the media works to get an interview with "the get" of the moment read Connie Chung's discussion paper:

"The Business of Getting “The Get”:
Nailing an Exclusive Interview in Prime Time"

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/presspol/publications/papers/discussion_papers/d28_chung.pdf

I think people have become inured to depravity. If you're not a serial killer with horrific fantasies that you act out, depravity holds no meaning. Thank you again for that word. It describes perfectly and accurately the quality of the As' behaviour. The As' behaviour looks utterly reprehensible, corrupt, degenerate, immoral.

It's as if finding a psychological rationale for them excuses the act. It also reminds me of the story of the boy who killed both his parents and then threw himself on the mercy of the court because he was an orphan.

What a perfect addendum and analogy to add to BeanE's perfect post. Thank you both, again.

The Ritz was probably a good start for them...Yes, the Anthonys will do just fine. They will both collect disability because they both can be diagnosed certifiably "nuts". With a sweep of a pen, a Dr. could say they are Bipolar which assures them some consideration....that plus their situation would guarantee it.

Their income from their new business will not be questioned either due to the non-profit they opened under the guise of a "foundation". Money gained is considered 'surplus' and can be used as they want. No income taxes to file. Being on SSDI certainly has its benefits due to the fact their medical is completely covered forever....UNLIKE our poor seniors who have to pay through the nose for medication, etc.

I remember a thread where people were speculating about the reasons why Cindy left Baez's office with the perp and then took a weird route and in the middle of all that, LE came and got the perp from the car. It happened under a bridge. This is the first I've heard that it was JB's plan and the reasons for it. I would appreciate a link.

Heck, I thought JB had no idea that was happening, if memory serves me correctly.

Lin, I wanted to tell you I have noticed you complimenting others for being forgiving and compassionate toward the A's, and I liked your ability to do that.

Maybe you've seen it go one way similarly to how sometimes people from either side of an issue both think the media is biased against them -- we tend to notice the things we think are attacking or disrespecting our own point of view. But I have seen it go both ways too, on various forums and I think that includes WS where I have lurked off and on before joining . I have seen it said, and/ or very strongly implied, that anyone who feels any compassion for the A's must not REALLY care about Caylee -- or not as much as those who revile the people she loved most.
( Please don't take that to mean I am attributing such comments to you personally.)

For myself: I try to have compassion for them though at times it is not easy -- perhaps it helps that I did not bother watching all of their interviews. but I try to give them the benefit ofthe doubt.
But as for forgiveness -- No. As someone who does not know any of the people involved, I do not see it is my place to forgive them or not forgive them. It is really up to Caylee, who because of Casey is not here. And of course up to God.
(Thats just my own belief.)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't think I've seen anyone complaining about media bias in general, just that certain th's seem to be one way or the other.

I think I recall now some posts along the lines to which you refer but I didn't take away the same meaning from them. Not the best example but the one fresh in my mind is from earlier in this thread jennyb mentioned having boatloads of compassion for Caylee. I'm as certain as I can be without having been inside her head, (although one of us must be in the other's as we often post the same things), that she didn't mean anything other than what she wrote. However, I can see where some, as you suggested, may interpret that to mean that others don't or not as much. Particularly true if the context of the thread is in the same vein. Easy to misunderstand even the written words at times. Just know that I've gotten several pats on the back and ita's for explaining my position on this so it's certainly not a majority on this forum, in my view.

I guess I just don't see it of being any benefit to the discussion one way or another and on that, it appears we agree. :)

[/b]

It does not bother me either.
I imagine the media falling over each other to get to the "A"s
But I can not imagine the "A"s willing to stop paying their mortgage, or eating or getting
the defense they need and pushing all that away...NO I can not imagine that.

They are getting the help they need, or they could be in the street with all the onlookers
that are camped outside thier door.
Having said this another thing to remember is:
they are not the murderers they are victims too.

I can't disagree with this in principle except for a couple of things standing in my way:

1. A link between a media outlet and the victim's/perp's family is suspicious because we don't know what the deal is. It is suspicious because we don't know if or how ABC or other media might sway the As or manipulate events. It is suspicious because if media are funding a defense, then there is a conflict of interest. It would also be unethical and corruption at its finest. In agreeing to any of this, the As place themselves in the same reprehensible category.

2. There are many families who have not gone the way of all that you cite above and have managed and kept their honour and our respect. So what makes the As so special? Why are they entitled and above scrutiny?

3. If the As had done the right thing from the beginning there would be an outpouring of support for them (as there was, to which the As responded with the word, "maggots") and financial help would probably come their way. As for defence, they would need to get a public defender like almost everyone else in their financial circumstances. They had choices, to do it the right way or the super secret suspicious way. They chose the latter. If anything, it certainly shows up their weakness of character.

I see nothing wrong with the A's accepting the room and dinner at the Ritz. I would imagine they were guided from the plane to the hotel while still in shock. Imagine trying to absorb the horrific images of their grandaughter in skeletal form, in the woods and so close to home. Then try to imagine them coming to terms with what they must surely know by now, which is their daughter murdered her own child. I don't think I would care where I slept that night, because I probably didn't sleep at all.

I have to assume the A's knew the person from the network who made the arrangements for the hotel and why not trust her and accept it? Who else was offering a place for them to stay? LE had taken over their home and they had to sleep somewhere. And I certainly wouldn't say, "no, no, this place is too extravagant for us" because I'll bet they could have cared less whether it was $7 a night or $700. I also wouldn't want to put my own mother out for the night, knowing the media may be following them.

As for dinner, I doubt it was a big party. I'll bet the dinner was very quiet if the truth be known. I also doubt the A's can even tell you who was at dinner that night. I probably would have preferred to stay in the room to eat, but that is just me.

There are plenty of things that bother me about the A's, but this is not one of them.

Sue

I find it extremely unlikely that any doctor would risk their license to pronounce either totally and permanently disabled due to the loss of their grandchild. That is the requirement for disability through the Social Security Administration. Mental illness would have to be pretty severe to cause that type of recommendation. So wherever you heard that, they probably got it wrong or garbled. CA was on a type of extended sick leave through her employment and may still be, but it seems unlikely that they would pay her forever. I would guess that has or will end shortly. GA hadn't been on the job long enough to accumulate any such benefits.

Let's try not to start any rumors. Or any more rumors, I should say, no matter how they might slant obo or favor the A's.

I tried to poo poo down that theory/rumor in the last thread. My friend, who has MS, fought with SSI for over a year trying to get on disability. It's not something they hand out in just a couple of months and I've never heard of anyone getting on it because their grandchild was murdered.

Who said anything about permanent disability provided by SSA? I was talking about state disability. It is regularly given for mental breakdowns and I'm not sure you could find a Dr. who would say that they HAVEN'T suffered a mental breakdown. Just because you're not familiar with it, or you disagree with it, doesn't mean that I got it wrong or garbled.

I don't know the Anthony's, I'm not related to the Anthony's, but to be honest, my life experience gives me direct experience and insight into what they are going through. I understand it intimately.

I doubt they are on state disability either...

Florida Social Security Disability & SSi Disability Claims

Please Note: This site is operated by a private law firm. Based on our experience and knowledge of the Social Security system we can greatly improve your chances of a win, in fact statistically your chances of a win are significantly improved with representation
This site It is not associated with the Social Security Administration. This site is not endorsed or sponsored by the Social Security Administration.

• Have you been disabled and need to file for social security disability or SSI disability?
  • Are you under the age of 65 and are unable to work?
  • Have you applied for social security benefits and have been denied?
Florida Social Security Disability Rights
Understanding SSD & SSI:
Florida Social Security Disability or SSI Disability is controlled by the federal government like all other states. Under the federal Social Security Disability Act, "disability" means the "inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physician or mental impairment which can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months or result in death."

Florida Social Security Disability Benefits (SSD)
Social Security Disability Benefits or SSD are paid to individuals who have worked in the recent years. Usually you have to work 5 out of the last 10 years. For individuals under 31 years old, the requirements are a little different since they have not been in the work force as long. More...

Florida SSI Disability Benefits (SSI)
SSI Disability or Supplemental Security Income benefits are paid to individuals who are poor and disabled whether or not the individual has worked in the past. SSI child's disability benefits are paid to children who are under 18 years old, are disabled and the parents or guardian are poor. More...

You should file as soon as it is determined that you will not be able to work during the next 12 months or your condition is expected to lead to death. However Social Security is not a short term disability. Therefore if you have an accident where you cannot work for several days or even a few months, you will not be entitled to Social Security Disability benefits.

How much Social Security Disability or SSi benefits an individual will get depends on how much that individual worked in the past and earned during that time or in the case of SSi it depends on the individual's claim circumstances . For disabled widow's, it depends on how much the spouse earned and for a disabled child, it depends on how much the parent earned.
Florida Stages of the Social Security Disability Claims Process:
Do not be surprised if you are denied at the initial stage (good reason why it is wise to have an attorney). Only about 40% of the claims are approved at that stage. The next stage, Reconsideration, about 20% of the individuals win at that stage. The last stage, the Hearing stage is where the individual actually has a hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge. The hearing is informal with only the judge, his secretary and often times the judge will have a vocational expert present to testify as to what jobs the individual can perform.
Having an attorney makes good sense:
No fee is collected if you're social security disability claim is not won, and fees are only collected on the back end. Lawyers receive 25% of the back benefits up to a certain amount which has been set by law.

1. Statistically claimants that are represented by an attorney are much more likely to win their claim.
  2. An experienced attorney knows what proof social security and ssi disability system requires
  3. Using legal help eliminates both the necessity of waiting in long government lines and the chance that a government clerk’s incorrect notation on your condition jeopardizing your claim.
  4. All aspects of your case including complicated paper work will be handled professionally.
Statistics:
Statistically individuals who have representation of an attorney for their Florida Social Security Disability or SSi Disability Claim win more often than those who are not represented. Therefore it would be wise to consult with an attorney to have the best chance of a successful claim.
Florida Social Security Disability and SSI Disability Attorney Request Form...Click Here.

What to Expect:
The hardest part of the whole claims process is being patient. Once you request a Social Security Disability or SSi Disability Claims hearing, it may take up to one year to actually have a hearing and then another 3 to 6 months to get a decision.
What we do for you in Florida:
Your Social Security Disability or SSi Disability Claim will be handled at any stage in the process including application and appeals. Remember, there are no fees unless you win your case and you collect benefits.
We will:
• Provide you with a thorough evaluation of your Social Security Disability or SSI claim
• Obtain from Social Security the benefit amount you can expect to collect
• Act as your liaison with the Social Security Administration
• Help you complete and process all paperwork and applications for your disability claim
• Investigate all medical documentation and obtain additional reports for your Social Security Disability or SSI Disability Claim
• Prepare you for any Social Security required hearings
• Make sure you receive all the Social Security Disability and/or SSI Disability benefits you are entitled to

I can't disagree with this in principle except for a couple of things standing in my way:

1. A link between a media outlet and the victim's/perp's family is suspicious because we don't know what the deal is. It is suspicious because we don't know if or how ABC or other media might sway the As or manipulate events. It is suspicious because if media are funding a defense, then there is a conflict of interest. It would also be unethical and corruption at its finest. In agreeing to any of this, the As place themselves in the same reprehensible category.

2. There are many families who have not gone the way of all that you cite above and have managed and kept their honour and our respect. So what makes the As so special? Why are they entitled and above scrutiny?

3. If the As had done the right thing from the beginning there would be an outpouring of support for them (as there was, to which the As responded with the word, "maggots") and financial help would probably come their way. As for defence, they would need to get a public defender like almost everyone else in their financial circumstances. They had choices, to do it the right way or the super secret suspicious way. They chose the latter. If anything, it certainly shows up their weakness of character.

I wish you'd quit your job and post all day.

I appreciate you taking the time to compile that. Honestly I do. I do believe that Cindy has done things wrong, but where we differ is the motivation for that. I don't think many of the things she did were consciously on purpose. I think that her brain looked for any possible reason or grain of hope that the worst wasn't true and she went with that rather than the logic of the truth as the truth was just to painful. IMO it's no different than when the spouse of a military person refuses to let the 2 uniformed men in the door as they know what they will say. I've heard stories of wives doing dishes and laundry, anything to say they're busy and can't come to the door because they simply don't want to hear what will crush them. Again, I don't think she's a saint. I think she's crazy with grief and at this time I'm willing to give that the benefit of the doubt. I can see why others would think otherwise, but I don't.

Would that be the part of her brain that sent someone to look in the woods a month before Caylee was found there? Would that be the part of her brain that demanded we forget about the 911 calls because all she was trying to do is get police to respond so made up a story? Would that be the part of her brain that went from decomp smell to garbage? Would that perhaps be the same part of her brain that went on Larry King Live and lied about what she'd said on the 911 tapes that she wanted us to forget about?

Crazy with grief or driven by lies. We do indeed see it differently. I will agree with you that Cindy doesn't want something to crush her, and I'll agree with you that it's the truth. But I will not give her leeway because the way she chooses to deal with it is through deception.

This from a disability lawyer in Jacksonville and is based on social security benefits. It seems to differ from my state in that social security kicks in much more quickly. It does not work this way in my state. I would certainly think that this definition would cover the Anthony's current situation. Mental illness includes depression and while it would have to be proved to be debilitating depression, I think this situation does just that. Cindy is previously diagnosed with depression according to her prescriptions and George tried or threatened to commit suicide. Covered.

12. I have a mental illness that prevents me from holding a job. Can Social Security find me disabled based on my mental illness?
Yes. Mental illness is a frequent basis for awarding Social Security disability benefits. There are many people whose mental limitations are severe enough to keep them from performing or maintaining a full-time job.

Uh, what mental illness do they have?

I wish you'd quit your job and post all day.

:blushingsmiley: I don't know what to say to those of you who have posted kind and complimentary words. Thank you. :blushingsmiley:

I see nothing wrong with the A's accepting the room and dinner at the Ritz. I would imagine they were guided from the plane to the hotel while still in shock. Imagine trying to absorb the horrific images of their grandaughter in skeletal form, in the woods and so close to home. Then try to imagine them coming to terms with what they must surely know by now, which is their daughter murdered her own child. I don't think I would care where I slept that night, because I probably didn't sleep at all.

I have to assume the A's knew the person from the network who made the arrangements for the hotel and why not trust her and accept it? Who else was offering a place for them to stay? LE had taken over their home and they had to sleep somewhere. And I certainly wouldn't say, "no, no, this place is too extravagant for us" because I'll bet they could have cared less whether it was $7 a night or $700. I also wouldn't want to put my own mother out for the night, knowing the media may be following them.

As for dinner, I doubt it was a big party. I'll bet the dinner was very quiet if the truth be known. I also doubt the A's can even tell you who was at dinner that night. I probably would have preferred to stay in the room to eat, but that is just me.

There are plenty of things that bother me about the A's, but this is not one of them.

Sue

Sue, you're overlooking the fact that the remains had not been identified and their reaction was totally unlike this when other 'finds' were announced, including LP's divers claiming to have found bones. They also released a statement to the effect that they were hoping these were not Caylee.

If you mean 'big' in the sense of the number of people, well, there were 3 A's, Mallory, JB, two PI's, MB, and ABC producer, off the top of my head, that we know of. If you mean 'big' in the sense of 'lighthearted' no, I don't think it was. I think they knew the remains found were Caylee's, since they had sent their PI there the month before to find them. I think they were severely sobered by the thought of what this would do to KC's defense more than being grief stricken for Caylee. Beyond that, it had all appearances of being a business meeting at a very inappropriate time.

Remember CA telling LE in the first days or weeks about her belief the nanny didn't exist but was instead whomever was watching Caylee at the time, whether it be JG or whomever. I just happen to have these links handy from posting them on another thread; check out CA still trying to blame imaginanny on LKL the night before the remains were found.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndga-NzEIs&feature=channel_page

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbNCHyDa83Y&feature=channel_page

I doubt they are on state disability either...

Florida Social Security Disability & SSi Disability Claims

(respectfully and gratefully snipped for space)

Thanks so much for looking that up. Seems as if there were other avenues, those atty's would be following them up as well. I hope I'm wrong on this one and would be glad to find there is such a program available in FL.

The A’s had no problem going out for a public dinner at the Ritz because they already knew Caylee was dead long ago from the decomposition in CMA’s car. The only shock to them was that LE found her remains before their henchmen did. I think their biggest concern now is how to get money without working since they can no longer ask for donations to “search” for a living Caylee. Cindy’s eulogy requested donations go to KFN, who pays George to be their spokesman. She also announced Caylee’s new “non-profit” that will pay salaries to the A’s. And how brazen & greedy for them to insert themselves & their donation jars into Haleigh’s disappearance, donations they’d take a large cut of before giving to the Cummings family! Their self-serving behavior is completely transparent and wretched. I hope justice is swift for Caylee, who is the only victim in this sad story. :(

:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I don't think I've seen anyone complaining about media bias in general, just that certain th's seem to be one way or the other.

I think I recall now some posts along the lines to which you refer but I didn't take away the same meaning from them. Not the best example but the one fresh in my mind is from earlier in this thread jennyb mentioned having boatloads of compassion for Caylee. I'm as certain as I can be without having been inside her head, (although one of us must be in the other's as we often post the same things), that she didn't mean anything other than what she wrote. However, I can see where some, as you suggested, may interpret that to mean that others don't or not as much. Particularly true if the context of the thread is in the same vein. Easy to misunderstand even the written words at times. Just know that I've gotten several pats on the back and ita's for explaining my position on this so it's certainly not a majority on this forum, in my view.

I guess I just don't see it of being any benefit to the discussion one way or another and on that, it appears we agree. :)

I do agree there would be no benefit to going further and pasting specific examples. but I just want to say I did not take jennyb's comment as meaning anything but the exact words she wrote.

You're right, though, that it's easy to misunderstand the intent behind written words & one can mistake someone's comment about their own feelings as some kind of condemnation of others for not having the same feelings. I've no doubt on this As issue it happens both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz