a school, was the 1953 abduction of Bobby Greenlease. He

was taken from a Catholic school by a woman claiming to

be his aunt, and held for ransom. It was after this kidnapping

that schools became aware of the danger of releasing a child

to someone who did not provide parental consent. The

kidnapping made all the newspaper's and Life magazine, and

after the kidnappers where excecuted side-by-side, measures

at all schools were put in place or tightened. (i'm really old, i

remember my ma putting the fear of god in me, because of this case.)

are there any cases of children abducted INSIDE of schools like Kyron??? I am looking and not finding a thing other than (close to it) Miriam in Canada (posted upstream) but no one actually saw her inside... just near the entrance.

are there any cases of children abducted INSIDE of schools like Kyron??? I am looking and not finding a thing other than (close to it) Miriam in Canada (posted upstream) but no one actually saw her inside... just near the entrance.

on this thread.

example: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5497576&postcount=4"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Abductions or Attempted Abductions Involving Schools[/ame]

5. A cold case I read about, sorry, do not know the little girls name. She was abducted after she got off her school bus and never seen again... There were reports of a van idling by the bus. It was before the days of cameras on schoolbuses...

cherrie mahan. such a cutie pie.

as for children abducted from school, michael anthony hughes came to mind, although it's pretty clear who took him.

14 YEAR OLD GIRL IS LURED AWAY FROM SCHOOL IN THE MIDDLE IN THE DAY AND THEN RAPED. DEPUTIES SAY THE SEVENTH GRADER WAS TAKEN BY TWO MEN.. WHO TOOK TURNS SEXUALLY ASSAULTING HER. CRIS ORNELAS IS LIVE AT BCSO HEADQUARTERS WITH OUR TOP STORY. DETECTIVES HERE STARTED WORKING THE CASE AFTER THE GIRLS MOM REPORTED HER MISSING AFTER SCHOOL YESTERDAY. BUT WHAT THEY didn't KNOW IS... AT THAT POINT THE GIRL HAD ALREADY BEEN MISSING FOR MORE THAN FIVE HOURS. DEPUTIES SAY A SEVENTH GRADE STUDENT AT POLK MIDDLE SCHOOL WAS LURED AWAY FROM CAMPUS BY AN 18 AND 19 YEAR OLD YESTERDAY MORNING.

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/845396/girl_allegedly_abducted_from_school_raped_by_2_men

I have NO idea where this place is, but how freaky is this one:

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/two-girls-abducted-from-elementary-school-in-west-jakarta/378317

Two Girls Abducted From Elementary School In West Jakarta

“We waited for them until 2.30 p.m. but they never returned from school. Their school friends came to our house and gave us their school bags. They said Maria and Mailan were not in the classroom yesterday,” Ramses Tobing, the girls' father said in news portal Detik.com.

Ramses sought confirmation from the teacher at SDN 13 elementary school and was informed that his daughters did not attend class.

“My relative took them to school but the teacher said Maria and Mailan were not in the classroom,” he said. The girls' school friends later told the teacher they saw the girls left the school with a man.

Boy Abducted From School And Beaten, Police Say

JERSEY CITY, June 16— A Jersey City woman walked into an elementary school on Tuesday and kidnapped the 11-year-old-son of her estranged boyfriend, taking the boy to her house, where she tried to strangle and beat him, the police said on Wednesday.

The woman, Gloria M. Sumter, 44, was later arrested and faces charges of kidnapping, child endangerment and assault. The child, who was not identified, was still being treated Wednesday night at the Jersey City Medical Center for injuries that included cuts to his legs and burst blood vessels in both eyes.

''He fought for his life,'' said Detective Cristino Felix, who with Officer Joseph Ferrante was the first to arrive at the woman's house.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/17/nyregion/boy-abducted-from-school-and-beaten-police-say.html

Ok, I need to stop googling, because I'm becoming traumatized...I think a poster above me had it right...on the way to school, way home, off the bus, near the bus, on the bus, out front of school, from the school yard...it's where they are...

I even need to barf, because while attempting to answer this question, I found myself on a GROSS site that actually does nice little skits on the whole subject of abductions & rapes...BARF!

Before thinking about this whole idea, I had merely thougth to myslef that Skyline the day of the fair, to me, seems like any other busy place that kids somehow go missing from...sure school is a sacred place...but do these freaks even think about that...or do they just consider the chaos that can distract and the large pool to pick from? Mall, park, arcade, community events, etc?

INSIDE a school does appear to be rare, but less rare in OR than in other states it seems.

I need a break after that google experience...good question though...

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/Pu...uction-school-girl-prompts-security-questions

Parents of an 11-year-old New Jersey elementary school girl experienced what may have been the scare of their lives last week when, they say, a man who identified himself as the girl’s father, attempted to abduct their daughter from an elementary school.

New Jersey police reported that the man, seen driving a red car, sent a child into the school to ask for the girl that day. Luckily, alert staff members were reported to have foiled the attempted abduction when they realized the man in the car was not the girl’s father.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back