Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the significance of this announcement cannot be underestimated.

The digs are in the same area as Amaral and his team identified.

This means that after 2 years of review and a further 2 years of Operation Grange, SY have ended up in the exact same place that Amaral did.

Digging in the field which is contiguous to the area the person identified as Gerry was seen carrying a child thought to be Madeleine.

If they find a burial site so close, it tends to rule out child thieves, off shore abductors, gypsies etc. Why abduct a child only to return it to the site of the abduction?

The dogs indicate that Madeleine died in 5a. Now the entire investigation has been basically replicated by SY, they appear to also think M never left PDL alive.

So - if M laid in 5a long enough to produce cadaver, as seems likely now, it means that she couldn't have been alive when Gerry saw her on his check at 9.15.

Cadaver scent takes hours to form, not minutes.

:(

Here is an old study done by the Canine Specialized Search Team (CSST) regarding time and cadaver scent.

Cadaver Scent Project

Snip

TRIALS BEGUN: January 1997
NUMBER OF DOGS USED: Five different dogs
POST-MORTEM INTERVAL RANGE: From 70 minutes to 3 days
NUMBER OF TRIALS COMPLETED: As of July 1997, total of 52 trials completed
PRELIMINARY RESULTS: The shortest post-mortem interval for which we received a correct response was one hour and 25 minutes. However, the post-mortem interval for which we received a consistently correct response from all dogs involved is 2.5 - 3 hours.

http://www.csst.org/cadaver_scent.html

http://www.csst.org

Here is an old study done by the Canine Specialized Search Team (CSST) regarding time and cadaver scent.

Cadaver Scent Project

Snip

TRIALS BEGUN: January 1997
NUMBER OF DOGS USED: Five different dogs
POST-MORTEM INTERVAL RANGE: From 70 minutes to 3 days
NUMBER OF TRIALS COMPLETED: As of July 1997, total of 52 trials completed
PRELIMINARY RESULTS: The shortest post-mortem interval for which we received a correct response was one hour and 25 minutes. However, the post-mortem interval for which we received a consistently correct response from all dogs involved is 2.5 - 3 hours.

http://www.csst.org/cadaver_scent.html

http://www.csst.org

Great link thanks :)

Yes, the significance of this announcement cannot be underestimated.

Digging in the field which is contiguous to the area the person identified as Gerry was seen carrying a child thought to be Madeleine.

If they find a burial site so close, it tends to rule out child thieves, off shore abductors, gypsies etc. Why abduct a child only to return it to the site of the abduction?

Smithman was heading away from the wasteland though, and it seems overlooked. The sites near the church instinctively seem more promising to me.

The British police have not announced digs, they have announced they have announced they hope to be actively working in portugal soon. The stories about the digs are unconfirmed by either police force and its not certain where the story originated.

Gerry's response was at the weekend before the dig story and was in response to a question about scotland yards investigation not a response to a question about a dig.

The three suspects the media refer to are three unnamed people suspected of breaking into holiday flats in the area. None of scotland yards suspects are believed to have died. The only two people named as suspects in the media who have died are hewlett and monteiro, but neither of these appear to be suspects in the eyes of scotland yard since they were dead or in hospital at the time of the last attack reported and neither matches the description. There has been nothing to suggest they were suspected of burglaries in the area.

What report are you reading? I'm quoting from the BBC article and it clearly states this:

The disclosure comes amid reports Portuguese authorities have given permission for sites in Praia da Luz, where the toddler went missing, to be searched.

Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said he would be unable to provide details of the activity.

But he said he believed it would occur "in the coming weeks".

Please provide a link stating Gerry 's comments were said before the dig? What is he referring to in this quote ? "Very Active " investigation. The BBC report

Gerry McCann, Madeleine's father, expressed his family's gratitude that the Metropolitan Police team was now moving on to a "very active" phase in its investigation.
He said at the weekend: "They are chipping away and obviously there is new evidence so we are going to continue to hope that we will get a happy outcome"

Please provide a link backing up your claim that they are looking at 3 unnamed suspects. The last reports were:
Madeleine McCann suspect 'died in 2009'
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/20/madeleine-mcann-suspect-died-in-2009

Madeleine McCann suspect who died in freak tractor accident ‘was a heroin addict who used to rob holiday apartments’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eroin-addict-used-rob-holiday-apartments.html

They're now looking for the guy wearing the red shirt with the circle.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/472668/FOUND-Shirt-worn-by-Madeleine-McCann-suspect

article-2621343-1DA0F4CB00000578-491_634x470.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-digging-Portuguese-resort-disappeared.html

I'm glad something is happening but wouldn't it have been easier for the abductor just to dump her in the sea right beside the searched areas than start digging a grave right next to houses?

If she's found in one of those locations this was certainly a botched investigation.

She won't be found there IMO. This is another attempt to muddy the waters. (No pun intended). It's sickening knowing this child may never get justice.

I started a thread about this; and the dig but don't know where it went. It has always been my opinion that "they" put her in one of the above ground pipes and then she was buried, went unnoticed. I think that this is a case of infanticide and I always have. GM's words expressions along with his wife's hv always been "wrong" IMO. I do not know where my link to the article or post went but I'm glad the thread is active again.

She won't be found there IMO. This is another attempt to muddy the waters. (No pun intended). It's sickening knowing this child may never get justice.

Remember all the many photo opps that KM and GM did on the rocks right by the sea? Those always bothered me, that and they fact they continued to go back to that very spot.

What arrests? Who?

IIRC, there were 3 potential suspects. 2 are dead. What am I missing?

hmm...depends if you go by the British media OR the official files. All the people the Pjs suspected are very much alive still. According to the British media there appears to be hundreds of suspects.

I think she was taken away from the resort, but the police have to check out every lead.

Seems all leads ...lead right back where it all started...IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHO is attempting to muddy the waters?

In your opinion?

The Police? :scared:

WHO is attempting to muddy the waters?

In your opinion?

The Police? :scared:

Seems a little silly to think all this digging around the area is because they believe an intruder went through all the trouble to abduct a child only to kill and bury the child nearby the scene of the abduction.
IMO

I think she was taken away from the resort, but the police have to check out every lead.

It's entirely possible that there haven't been any leads as such, that have lead to these sites. The publicised parts of the investigation (which may, of course, not actually represent the reality of the direction of the investigation) have had a distinctly dragnet feel. This may be part of a strategy of working from the bottom up (looking at any plausible sites in the area) rather than top down from current available leads.

The fact they have announced a dig implies that they have already done ground penetrating radar work on the area and identified something.

IMO at least.

I find it incredibly odd that SY would tell the media about all this.

It's almost as if they want them in PDL when they dig.

Why I wonder?

The fact they have announced a dig implies that they have already done ground penetrating radar work on the area and identified something.

IMO at least.

I find it incredibly odd that SY would tell the media about all this.

It's almost as if they want them in PDL when they dig.

Why I wonder?

IMO their focus has become exactly what you and I have always believed ...right along with the original investigators;)

well....not gonna say much...I only hope that they will find something...anything...cause this "investigation" (sarcasm and anger >>>at both the PJ and the brits) was a joke right from the start...I still believe (can't help it,my gut feeling and it bugs me) that one of the initial 3 arguidos holds some answers/info re what happened and wasn't properly investigated...I just can't find reasonable explanations for his involvement in this story (right after Maddie "disappeared") ...okay,am gonna back off now ...let's hope there will be breaking news soon...

well....not gonna say much...I only hope that they will find something...anything...cause this "investigation" (sarcasm and anger >>>at both the PJ and the brits) was a joke right from the start...I still believe (can't help it,my gut feeling and it bugs me) that one of the initial 3 arguidos holds some answers/info re what happened and wasn't properly investigated...I just can't find reasonable explanations for his involvement in this story (right after Maddie "disappeared") ...okay,am gonna back off now ...let's hope there will be breaking news soon...

Your opinion hasn't changed, even though Operation Grange has checked all past investigatory work for 2 years, conducted their own investigation for a further 2 years, and ended up in the exact same place Amaral did?

Curious.

Iirc you and I predicted long ago that this was going to be the conclusion. I hope they can recover Madeline. Make the arrests & get convictions. It's been too long. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member