Afraid? ... Shoot First

I have a gun in my house and I would use it if someone was trying to break into my house. There is just myself and my grandaughter here and no one who doesn't belong here is coming in. I don't know what the law is here and really don't care. If someone trys to break into my house I'll shoot at him before he can get in and hurt one of us.

Wudge said:
People most certainly can get away with murder under this law. In situations where it was one-on-one, only the living testify.
So whats new?"people were getting away with murder under the law for ages now.Lets see the daddy catches mommie in the sack with the cable guy,shoots the cable guy 10 times then claims Crime of Passion"...that is getting away with murder under the law.Or how bout the guy who takes his prescribed medication drives to town,dozes off and strikes the kid on the sidewalk.He goes to court cops a plea does maybe 3 yrs and walks....that is getting away with murder under the law.Loads of ways people do it.

And yet after years of allowing our court system to be so concerned with the criminals RIGHTS,people complain when our legislators try to return some of those same rights to the innocent citizen.This nation has tried limited forms of gun control,it is in fact illegal for the avg working citizen to purchase an automatic weapon,yet its perfectly fine when the criminal uses such a weapon to kill 5 people.....hell according to our current standard of view there simply had to be something wrong with the criminal to make him do it....Surely you jest when you want to punsh the guy for such crimes when we all know his mommy beat him as a kid.We argue here that it is wrong to allow the innocent the right to protect themselves from criminals.....and yet our courts see no harm in letting the criminal protect himself.If we cannot execute the 16 yr old boy who goes to school and kills 20 kids.......why should we punish the guy who shoots a burglar in his own home at 3am?If we cannot execute the guy who dropped out of school at 14 and surprise surprise has the intelect of a 8th grader when he rapes and kills numerous women.....why should we punish the mom who shoots the molestor she catches fondling her 5 yr old daughter.....Surely since it is so wrong to punish the criminal to the fullest means of disposal,it must be mutually wrong to punish one for defending that which the State will not defend for him.If we can pass laws to insure that a criminal has the right to read a newspaper while serving out his days on death row for the murder of a small child or even an adult,then why is it so wrong to pass a law which says that which is yours is yours to defend?Is there no happy medium in the world we call home?Do all our laws need be about protecting those unworthy of our protections now?Must we continually degrade ourselves to the level of those who rape rob and kill for pleasure?

Some here argue these laws are merely more excuses for criminals to murder folks.......Yet it appears more and more to me that some have been in a coma for the past 30 years and have no clue that we have ALREADY given the criminal every excuse he needs to kill us.All those who support such laws are asking is that for once....just once mind you.....you give US a few excuses to defend our loved ones! is that really to much to ask of a basically criminal loving judicial system?I think not.

proadvocate said:
So whats new?"people were getting away with murder under the law for ages now.Lets see the daddy catches mommie in the sack with the cable guy,shoots the cable guy 10 times then claims Crime of Passion"...that is getting away with murder under the law.Or how bout the guy who takes his prescribed medication drives to town,dozes off and strikes the kid on the sidewalk.He goes to court cops a plea does maybe 3 yrs and walks....that is getting away with murder under the law.Loads of ways people do it.

And yet after years of allowing our court system to be so concerned with the criminals RIGHTS,people complain when our legislators try to return some of those same rights to the innocent citizen.This nation has tried limited forms of gun control,it is in fact illegal for the avg working citizen to purchase an automatic weapon,yet its perfectly fine when the criminal uses such a weapon to kill 5 people.....hell according to our current standard of view there simply had to be something wrong with the criminal to make him do it....Surely you jest when you want to punsh the guy for such crimes when we all know his mommy beat him as a kid.We argue here that it is wrong to allow the innocent the right to protect themselves from criminals.....and yet our courts see no harm in letting the criminal protect himself.If we cannot execute the 16 yr old boy who goes to school and kills 20 kids.......why should we punish the guy who shoots a burglar in his own home at 3am?If we cannot execute the guy who dropped out of school at 14 and surprise surprise has the intelect of a 8th grader when he rapes and kills numerous women.....why should we punish the mom who shoots the molestor she catches fondling her 5 yr old daughter.....Surely since it is so wrong to punish the criminal to the fullest means of disposal,it must be mutually wrong to punish one for defending that which the State will not defend for him.If we can pass laws to insure that a criminal has the right to read a newspaper while serving out his days on death row for the murder of a small child or even an adult,then why is it so wrong to pass a law which says that which is yours is yours to defend?Is there no happy medium in the world we call home?Do all our laws need be about protecting those unworthy of our protections now?Must we continually degrade ourselves to the level of those who rape rob and kill for pleasure?

Some here argue these laws are merely more excuses for criminals to murder folks.......Yet it appears more and more to me that some have been in a coma for the past 30 years and have no clue that we have ALREADY given the criminal every excuse he needs to kill us.All those who support such laws are asking is that for once....just once mind you.....you give US a few excuses to defend our loved ones! is that really to much to ask of a basically criminal loving judicial system?I think not.

From the late 60's on, our culture has degraded in many, many ways. Many of the the values I was raised to respect are not worth much today.

Taking care of one's family and loved ones was always paramount in my day, and, in that regard, I am certainly in favor of the good aspects of this law. I like the law.

Nevertheless, this law will also be taken advantage of, which was my only point.

Of coarse it will be,that is afterall why we call them criminals.we cannot however do away with existing laws only because criminals find the loopholes within them,nor can we stop passing new laws for fear criminals will find new loopholes.If we do we lose the fight.

Wudge said:
From the late 60's on, our culture has degraded in many, many ways. Many of the the values I was raised to respect are not worth much today.

Taking care of one's family and loved ones was always paramount in my day, and, in that regard, I am certainly in favor of the good aspects of this law. I like the law.

Nevertheless, this law will also be taken advantage of, which was my only point.
Every law get's taken advantage of, this one will be no different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back