Again: Where was Casey going for two years?

It's entirely possible that both George and Cindy knew that Casey wasn't working since Caylee was born. They seem to put up a facade for the rest of the family, and it is possible that they just continued the fable that Casey started - She was working at Universal. The family seems to hold their cards close to the vest i.e. Caylee's impending birth - denied up until the last minute. It seems the important thing was putting up appearances. Casey told her friends she was enrolled in college, that she was working as an "event planner". Sounded good. If Casey decided to go shopping - she simply went shopping. I don't think they squawked a bit about her spending habits until she spent GrandPa's money. They were all busted by the family on that one. It couldn't be denied. I think Cindy blew a gasket on that one. Casey was outed. They all live in a world of denial. The Anthonys are ostriches.

Casey used the word "Nanny" instead of the word babysitter to keep up the appearance of class and wealth. She learned this from her parents. It started when she was much younger. She simply continued what she was taught - Keeping up appearances.

Now, Casey and the Anthonys are busted by the entire world. The rotten egg has cracked open and the smell has seeped out and contaminated all involved. They are no longer "special". They are as common as dandelions.

So many factors have been put into play over the years culminating in the death of a precious child. Who is responsible? They all contributed to this, each in his own way. And they are STILL trying to live the facade. They are all delusional.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ITA!

I truly think that KC lives in a fantasy world where she believes she is a socialite party girl. She is self-absorbed, feels entitlement and doesn't seem a bit concerned about her situation or by what she has done, because ultimately she is protected by her imaginary delusional status.

Yup- just like Mommy dearest. :)

We learn SO much from our parents.

Your post made me look up Universal's employee benefits. If she had actually been working for Universal as an Event Planner, look at what she would have had:

Child Care Resources
  • Convenient child care at the near-site Universal Orlando KinderCare center
  • Back-up child care
  • Mildly ill child care through Sniffles, Ouches and Sneezes

Family Resources
  • Dependent Care Assistance Program
  • Adoption Assistance Program
  • Resources through the Employee Assistance Program
  • WorkLife Balance Resource and Referral Program
  • Nursing Mothers at Work Program
  • On-site educational “Lunch & Learns” on a variety of life topics
  • Flexible work options
Now, will someone please tell me how in the heck the Anthony's didn't know something was wrong with the Nanny story? The employees of Universal Studios Orlando get Child Care at Kindercare in their benefits package, there is backup childcare and even sick childcare benefits for the employees and in case they couldn't afford Child Care there is even a Dependent Care Assistance Program. I cannot believe that the Anthony's, who set up a Missing Child webpage BEFORE the police even arrived, were not smart enough to look up the benefits at Universal and realize that between the Nanny story and them having to babysit all the time something was wrong.

They would have had to have find some guts to confront her. That wasn't happening. They are cowards- they let their child decide the rules of their home.

hornswoggled, your last post summed it all up about Cindy, George and KC obsessed with wanting to keep up the appearance of affluence.

Do you think the parents knew before Jesse G. did that Caylee wasn't his, but did everything in their power to convince him so that he would marry KC and their facade wouldn't be shattered?

Concentric - I had not thought of that aspect, but it seems a liklihood, considering all their other behaviors. I don't think they tried to convince Jesse, but encouraged Casey to try and convince him. He was a young man with what looked like the prospect of a decent career, and he came from a nice family. I think Cindy would have emphasized to Casey the need for a father for this child. Besides, it would look like everything was on the "up and up" to Cindy's family.

The Anthonys didn't seem to mind a single bit when Rev. Grund and his wife were acting as babysitters - for free, and they knew the Grunds were not even related to Caylee.. Now the Grunds aren't good enough for the Anthonys, and Jesse's name is tossed out to LE as a suspect in the death of Caylee. The A's didn't have a clue that the real danger to Caylee was directly under their own roof.

They had to know about the pregnancy. I think KC wanted JG to sweep her away from CA.

CA was not about to share Caylee with anyone, including KC. Heck, she didn't even acknowledge KC as Caylee's, I hate even typing this, mother. Remember, CA actually held Caylee before KC did after birth in the hospital. No doubt the hatred for CA just grew after that show.

I am not sure when the story of Caylee's dad being killed in a crash was actually told, prior to Caylee's 2nd birthday party or shortly after Caylee's birth.

The A clan KNOWS without a doubt who the dad is. They protest too much not to know. And unless a man comes forward to claim he was Caylee's father, a DNA test would prove it, the A clan will clam up in their knowledge about it.

hornswoggled, your last post summed it all up about Cindy, George and KC obsessed with wanting to keep up the appearance of affluence.

Do you think the parents knew before Jesse G. did that Caylee wasn't his, but did everything in their power to convince him so that he would marry KC and their facade wouldn't be shattered?

I don't doubt it.

Casey had a job at Universal when she got pregnant. It is possible, though, that she thought if she got pregnant and had the baby her mom would have to let her stay home. She apparently took 6 months of maternity leave because she was not terminated until 2006 - many months after Caylee was born. Casey simply never went back to work.
Thanks...I kinda meant like a REAL job (no offense to anyone who works at the parks). I guarantee she didn't make enough to sustain herself living on her own...otherwise she probably would have been out living with friends. I think Cindy was mighty disappointed in Casey's career plans. I'm sure it started with her failing to graduate (I know, that's arguable). I can close my eyes and hear Cindy berating Casey. Doesn't CA seem like the type who would bring up what others are doing...like going to college? Regardless, Casey didn't think her job was worthy of returning to. She had visions of grandeur...that IMO were planted by her mother.

Your post made me look up Universal's employee benefits. If she had actually been working for Universal as an Event Planner, look at what she would have had:

Child Care Resources
  • Back-up child care

Family Resources
  • Dependent Care Assistance Program
  • Adoption Assistance Program
  • Resources through the Employee Assistance Program
  • WorkLife Balance Resource and Referral Program
  • Nursing Mothers at Work Program
  • On-site educational “Lunch & Learns” on a variety of life topics
  • Flexible work options
Now, will someone please tell me how in the heck the Anthony's didn't know something was wrong with the Nanny story? The employees of Universal Studios Orlando get Child Care at Kindercare in their benefits package, there is backup childcare and even sick childcare benefits for the employees and in case they couldn't afford Child Care there is even a Dependent Care Assistance Program. I cannot believe that the Anthony's, who set up a Missing Child webpage BEFORE the police even arrived, were not smart enough to look up the benefits at Universal and realize that between the Nanny story and them having to babysit all the time something was wrong.
Okay...Casey was not an "event planner" she worked in a photo booth. But, yes, the parks take excellent care of their employees. But, I thought someone else contracted out the booth Casey worked at. They could very well have had different benefits. I'm real curious what reason Casey gave her parents about not returning to work...especially as there was a job waiting for her.

Okay...Casey was not an "event planner" she worked in a photo booth. But, yes, the parks take excellent care of their employees. But, I thought someone else contracted out the booth Casey worked at. They could very well have had different benefits. I'm real curious what reason Casey gave her parents about not returning to work...especially as there was a job waiting for her.

Casey did not tell them.

For two years she went to work. Casey had a "boss" that sent her e-mails. She had a badge.

No one had to "convince" JG to propose to KC. JG proposed to her cause he wanted to. He was in love with her. His own parents tried to convince him NOT TO marry a girl who began their relationship with a Paternity Lie.

Child Care Resources
  • Back-up child care

The childcare is not free. Universal Studios team members just get a discount on tuition.

Concentric - I had not thought of that aspect, but it seems a liklihood, considering all their other behaviors. I don't think they tried to convince Jesse, but encouraged Casey to try and convince him. He was a young man with what looked like the prospect of a decent career, and he came from a nice family. I think Cindy would have emphasized to Casey the need for a father for this child. Besides, it would look like everything was on the "up and up" to Cindy's family.

The Anthonys didn't seem to mind a single bit when Rev. Grund and his wife were acting as babysitters - for free, and they knew the Grunds were not even related to Caylee.. Now the Grunds aren't good enough for the Anthonys, and Jesse's name is tossed out to LE as a suspect in the death of Caylee. The A's didn't have a clue that the real danger to Caylee was directly under their own roof.

KC was prolly shell-shocked when JG was adament on the paternity test issue - what - some one actually question her?? However, IMHO, I really don't believe KC knows who the father is and JG, unfortunately, was just someone "handy" to her at the time...she certainly couldn't go home to Mama-CA and tell her not only is she knocked up, but she doesn't even know who the father is...certainly the father of this adorable little girl would have come forward by now; however, a woman knows it is her baby as it comes from her body - men just kind of have to take their word that it is their child and it is not uncommon for a "woman" to deceive her partner that she is safe (i.e. on the pill) or one actively pursues becoming pregnant for a multitude of reasons (marriage, escaping home-life, &c.) - KC, again - IMHO, seems to fit the bill on both...it is sad, though, because maybe Caylee's real daddy could have protected her, but God is now...

KC may have wanted to either teach her parents a lesson or get back at them if it is true that CA “made her keep the baby.” Possibly a combination of both, added w/ a little “redemption” in the form of a promotion when she returned back to "work" (someone once used the term “come-uppance” or similar description to describe KC) ~ I’m sure her parents were not overly thrilled when she announced she was pregnant and KC thus saw this as an opportunity to her advantage. BTW, I never once bought the fact that CA was not aware of her daughter’s pregnancy until well into the third trimester; she/they probably just did not announce this to friends (?) and family until such time as they, in a seemingly never-ending quest to keep up and/or best the Jones,’ thought by not cluing people in would mean cutting down on the time that they’d have to spend answering questions and defending themselves and their daughter…

I was describing the benefits Casey would have had for her pretend job as "an event planner at Universal," not her benefits for the real job she had with Kodak. It's just disturbing that her parents didn't question why Casey didn't have childcare benefits from Universal.

The childcare is not free. Universal Studios team members just get a discount on tuition.

Not only do they get a substantial discount on the tuition, if you don't have much money, there is an assistance program for dependent care to give you more money towards that. Not only that, if Casey's income were low enough, she could also qualify for government assistance with childcare costs. And everyone knows that a daycare center is cheaper than paying a nanny. That's why NOTHING about Casey's story made any sense in the first place. Perhaps, as Lost Girl suggested, George and Cindy were too afraid to rock the boat and have Casey move out with Caylee to confront her about all of this. Perhaps George and Cindy were just not smart enough to realize something was desperately wrong with Casey's story. Whatever the case may be, Casey's story was such an obvious lie.

Casey did not tell them.

For two years she went to work. Casey had a "boss" that sent her e-mails. She had a badge.
Ya know, I wonder...has it ever been reported where the Grunds believed she was going? They caught on that Casey wasn't working. I find it hard to believe that RG didn't make mention of it to the As. I'm more and more convinced that her parents knew there was no job. And let's not forget, she wasn't always billing herself as an "event planner"...she also worked for Sports Authority.

I have said this before. I would like to see the A's tax returns.

I have said this before. I would like to see the A's tax returns.

I think someone has mentioned before that the A's could not have claimed KC or Caylee even if they had wanted to. KC was legally an adult, was supposedly working, and was not a fulltime student. Caylee was KC's dependent, not the A's. Just because you have a person in your home whom you are financially supporting does not mean you can automatically claim this person on your tax returns. Perhaps there is a tax person out there who can give us clarity on this issue.

It was very convenient of Caylee to have an accident the day after the "big fight" Just when the thought of spending another night under her mother's roof becomes unbearable and during the height of "new love", the problem of what to do with Caylee ceases to exist.

Also, IMO, the duct tape negates the accident possibility.

JMO

I think it's likely that the "big fight" was over more than stolen money and credit cards. IMO the stolen money and credit card debt supports the suspicion that the A's had that she was not working (actually GA knew if you believe his statements to LE and RG). Perhaps stealing from the grandparents was the straw that broke the camels back with Cindy, confirming to her at last that KC did not have income, did not have a job. I can just see all of these lies building on top of one another and Cindy REALLY coming unglued, insisting that KC be responsible, take care of Caylee, and get a job. And of course, KC would have been furious about being dictated to. She took her anger out on what she perceived was keeping her from her freedom -- Caylee.

Another thing that is bothering me -- it would not have been like KC to have been satisfied with sneaking home every day after GA left. For one thing, GA didn't work every day and was not working for that full two years IIRC. Second, I just re-read the William Waters interview and he states something to the effect that KC couldn't be alone or be quiet. She needed constant attention from someone/anyone. He comments that AH and RM noted the same thing. She would hang out for entire days with a friend, just so she wasn't alone. And remember AD saying that she and Caylee were always hanging out with her at DS's apt. IMO staying at Hopespring everyday would not have been enough for KC -- She would have needed to be with someone and would have spent a great deal of that time over those two years with someone. Nothing else makes sense. I think LE knows and more will be revealed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015
Back