Airplane passenger smuggles monkey under his hat into U.S.

Well Well! My daughter and I just returned from Lima a few weeks ago. How this man managed to smuggle a monkey on the plane is beyond me. We flew Spirit Air (which I do not reccommend) And you can't even take a drink on their planes that you purchased after you went through security. Maybe next time instead of trying to bring on my unopened bottle of water I'll pick up a monkey instead.

I know what you mean. A couple of months ago, some news program pointed out that it's almost impossible to smuggle too much shampoo onto a plane, but bomb-making supplies are MUCH EASIER to get past the airline inspectors. Apparently wildlife is easy, too!

small monkey's can be really cute--Capuchin monkeys are especially so, and if you want proof, see the film Monkey Trouble(1994) with Thora Birch, Harvey Keitel, and Mimi Rogers--funny movie, for kids and adults alike

Airplane Passenger Smuggles Monkey Under His Hat Into U.S.

NEW YORK — A man smuggled a monkey onto an airplane Tuesday, stashing the furry fist-size primate under his hat until passengers spotted it perched on his ponytail, an airline official said.
The monkey escapade began in Lima, Peru, late Monday, when the man boarded a flight to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., said Spirit Airlines spokeswoman Alison Russell. After landing Tuesday morning, the man waited several hours before catching a connecting flight to LaGuardia Airport.
During the flight, people around the man noticed that the marmoset, which normally lives in forests and eats fruit and insects, had emerged from underneath his hat, Russell said.
"Other passengers asked the man if he knew he had a monkey on him," she said.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Well there's a story you don't hear every day, lol. Sheesh! :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member