AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question...

It's a fact that CB was charged with felony theft & threatening a police officer in NC, as well as a complaint against him in AK stemming from an alleged assault against Sam and also another complaint about an altercation with a bouncer or something like that. Well the felony theft occurred late Dec 2009. It would have taken a little bit of time to go to court. He was 22 at the time of his arrest in NC. Well what happened in court? Wouldn't he have gotten probation at the very least? If that's the case, how much time would he have gotten? Has anyone pulled the records? If he got probation, wouldn't the complaint about the altercation with the bouncer and the complaint filed by Sam have been looked at as a violation of his probation? If he did get probation, was or is he allowed to serve his sentence in AK? Or was he let go with a warning? Dec 24, 2009 wasn't that long ago. That's the date of the theft.

CB was arrested and charged in Onslow County County District Court. I let my subscriptions lapse, so I can't run him. Onslow Co. appears to have "current" calendar searches, but nothing for historical records.
http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html

There is a PRRA form which can be electronically submitted ... http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/juddir/pages/mail/request/publicrecordsrequestfm.jsp

When a person is arrested don't they run their name through NCIC? In Hailey Dunn's case there is a guy who is a RSO in Texas. He has an outstanding warrant in Oregon which LE is aware of. Extradition is not being pursued, I guess in some cases it's too costly depending on what the offense is. My point, this could be the case with CB as well. But IMO the charge was either dismissed or plea-bargained and he served his time and the probation period has ended. Jerice Hunter (Jhessye Shockley case) exited prison in California, moved to AZ and we could not find anything on probation terms for her. Seems like probation can be a slippery slope.
icon9.gif

There seems to be no doubt in James' mind regarding who took Samantha. The question now would seem to be association. Was Sam herself associating with someone in the drug/gang world, or was she taken in retribution for another person close to her?

Z560, who are the known gangs in Alaska? Do they control a certain flow of drugs in and out the area? I am making an assumption they are a little more sophisticated and organized than just a loose group of people known to associate with each other, would this be correct? Ties to areas outside the state?

http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Gang-Related-News?st=AK

Several articles at this site...

There is an exception to the 1 ounce rule. No amount at all, not even in your own home, is permitted within 500 feet from any school grounds or community center. Alaska is very tolerant.

http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/alaska-penalties

Snipped:
Details

Possession of one ounce or less of marijuana in the privacy of the home is legal. The status of possessing an amount between one ounce and four ounces is unclear, pending clarification by the courts. Possession of 4 ounces or more of marijuana is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.
Possession of less than 25 plants is protected under the Alaska Constitution's right to privacy (See Ravin v. Alaska). Possession of 25 or more marijuana plants is "Misconduct involving a controlled substance in the fourth degree" and is punishable by a fine of up to $50,000 or five years in prison.
Any possession within 500 feet of school grounds or a recreation center or possession on any school bus is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.
Sale, delivery or manufacture of marijuana of less than one ounce is a misdemeanor and is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $5,000. For amounts of one ounce or greater, the crime is a felony which can be punished with a sentence of up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.
It is an affirmative defense to possession, manufacture or delivery that the offender is a patient or caregiver who is registered with the state for medical use of marijuana.
Maintaining any structure or dwelling, including vehicles, to use for keeping and distributing marijuana, is a felony offense and punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.

Police say gangs were growing in numbers, and the drug money was rolling in.

“Drug trafficking is a very lucrative business and where you can sell a kilo in the Lower 48 for $15,000, you can get triple that in Alaska,” U.S. District Attorney Frank Russo said.

The violence spilled into public view, and police had to crack down on what was increasingly being identified — if not in public, at least in law enforcement circles — as gang-related crime.

“Well, of course, that strikes fear in people,” said Anchorage defense attorney Rex Butler.

http://www.streetgangs.com/news/111609_anchorage-gang-history
Look who's Attorney is quoted in this story. Curious now to see who Butler has defended in recent cases.

Is there any actual searching going on for Samantha, in the event that she is no longer alive? I have a hard time believing that anyone who kidnapped her in a violent way would be keeping her safe someplace, JMO. Not to be negative but most people are killed or left injured not long after being taken, as far as I know. I haven't read much on recent or on-going searches...are they happening?

Is there any actual searching going on for Samantha, in the event that she is no longer alive? I have a hard time believing that anyone who kidnapped her in a violent way would be keeping her safe someplace, JMO. Not to be negative but most people are killed or left injured not long after being taken, as far as I know. I haven't read much on recent or on-going searches...are they happening?

Searches were being announced here Clu. I see no active search posts being mentioned right now.

But I assume APD is still searching.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-Help-Find-Samantha-Koenig/328733013838027

By 2003, gang-related crime was back on the rise, and the courthouse was slammed.

“There was a time period we got from the (district attorneys) that we basically were told that if APD had ceased in making any more felony arrests and giving them to the court, it would take about eight years to clear the backlog on that,” Monegan, the former chief, said.

Sen. Mark Begich says there are still problems in the prosecution of gang-related cases.

“The state court system was failing, still is failing,” Begich said.

“Sixty-seven percent of people that go into the court systems in the state repeat their offenses, so I felt the gang leadership knew the revolving door of the state court system.”

Essentially, the city was back where it started.

http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/Gang-Related-News?st=AK

More from that same article. Very interesting read if you have a chance. It was written in 2009, so maybe strides have been made since then. But the political aspects it lays out are interesting.

There seems to be no doubt in James' mind regarding who took Samantha. The question now would seem to be association. Was Sam herself associating with someone in the drug/gang world, or was she taken in retribution for another person close to her?

Z560, who are the known gangs in Alaska? Do they control a certain flow of drugs in and out the area? I am making an assumption they are a little more sophisticated and organized than just a loose group of people known to associate with each other, would this be correct? Ties to areas outside the state?

Sorry Knox, my local knowledge will not prove helpful in this area, as I do not know the names of specific gangs or exactly what they do. I have made it a policy to avoid anything having to do with that kind of element! :D

That said, here is what I can tell you:
- Gang activity in Anchorage occurs mostly in the Northeast area of the City (around Muldoon, Mountain View) and in southcentral Anchorage (around Dimond Boulevard). Gang activity is not necessarily confined to those areas though--it often spills in to downtown at night as well as other areas of the city
- A lot of the gangs appear to be made up primarily of pacific islanders and southeast asians (I am not positive this perception is accurate but it does seem to play out in media reports of gang violence/activities)
- It seems that these gangs are often involved in the importation and dealing of illegal drugs. Not necessarily marijuana (which is typically not too hard to obtain in Alaska) but definitely the harder stuff (for example, there was recently a high-profile drug bust involving quite a bit of cocaine that was probably gang related)

I found this fairly recent article discussing gangs in Anchorage: http://www.adn.com/2009/07/05/854621/violent-crime-down-but-police.html#storylink=misearch

Supposedly there are 125 suspected gangs, which seems like a rather high number to me but who knows.

Joe Friday - I tried to delete my post but the exit option time is up. I didn't realize there's a time limit. See, I'm always learning as I go along lol! ;)

Awww thanks! Those are my doggie and kitty - they love each other!
I am sorry...I didn't see the kitty...my eyes aren't like they used to be.

I LOVE, your kitty, too, Bdawk! :seeya:

Interestingly enough, CB does not have a criminal record in the State of NC and on one of his videos on the internet, he makes reference to federal charges.

In the beginning of this case, Sam's coworker informed that Sam's belongings were left in her cubby. Then the APD announced that was an error, and that in fact her belongings were missing. Sam's HD animal print purse is on her Missing poster.

I find it extremely odd that her abductor would allow her to bring her belongings. Time would be of the essence. Even if he grabbed her right as she was locking up the door, the till would have still been inside (maybe even locked in a safe). The APD said somehow the perp got inside of the coffee hut. They've made it seem as though it was right around closing time. Closing time would be when the most amount of money would be in the till. Ok, fine, I get that, it's understandable. What I don't understand is how I know time is precious to any perp, so if the intention was to rob the coffee hut, then the perp would have just gotten the goods & left. There's an abduction involved, though. So that had to be part of the plan. However, time would still be of the essence. So why would the perp give Sam the time to gather her brown furry coat & animal print HD purse? She was in leggings/tights and had on fur knee high boots.

Ummm, something just doesn't add up. What kind of perp tries to kidnap somebody, as well as rob them, but at the same time gives them time to gather their belongings?

Oh yeah, and this is also on a night that Sam's bf happens to be late in picking her up.

So this kidnapper & robber, who needs to get in & out as fast as he can, just happens to be lucky that night to not run into her bf picking her up & also nice enough to allow her to get her things?

Chokehold would be easier to achieve without her brown furry coat...just saying'.

How tall is Dwayne/Duane & does he have a record?

My thoughts go to CB, D, Sex Offender, Gang - in that order.

God help me... Something tells me CB has nothing to do with this.

Please continue here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7616691"]AK AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member