Al and Tipper Gore To Separate

I just saw some details about the upcoming (July 31) wedding of Chelsea Clinton. There will be about 400 guests, and I wondered if the Gores would be invited and/or if they would attend. One stipulation of the guest list is that Chelsea must be acquainted with all attendees, and I'm sure that she knows Al and Tipper Gore and their children, as well. jmo

During 'host chat' on The View this morning, they said that a massage therapist is claiming that during a three hour massage AG (somehow?) forced her to perform inappropriate acts.

Here's the part that peeves me, this young male guest host (name?) replied, 'come on (as in give me a break), she is 54 years old'. Sherri replied, 'What does that mean?'
At first I laughed, now I feel depressed ~ I'm struggling with getting old I guess.

In case it's not clear, the implication was why would AG want anything from a 54 year old woman. How sexist is that? And how old is AG?

This massage therapist claim is interesting to watch I suppose-she opted to head right for a civil suit and didnt make a statement until 2009. Recently she contacted PD asking to ammend her statement, which was pre-prepared. Then PD was contacted by the outlet who was planning on releasing a story based upon her claims, so PD made a statement today in the media. They did not allow her to ammend her original statement because it was not an open case. Because she is initiating a civil suit....based upon her pre-prepared statement, they did not believe there was sufficient evidence AND she did not want to initiate criminal charges.

Which brings her motivation into question.....not to mention I just cannot see him choosing to risk his world with something this stupid-he is not an impulsive guy. JMO.

At least on the surface, it looks to me like she was looking for hush money. Plain and simple. Again, JMO.

I just can't give much credibility to somebody who goes straight to the tabloids for money.

I think it's very sad that accusations can destroy a person's reputation whether they are true or false.

IF I see a lawsuit filed claiming 'slander,' I'll believe there's nothing to any of the allegations. Until then, well....................I'm not surprised.

OTOH, I really don't give a chit! I'm................just NOT surprised.

Just sayin'
fran

PS..............this came out last week or the week before. Just not really worth getting into a tither about. fran :)

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/14024

Larry David's Ex-Wife Had an Affair with Al Gore

It seems as though the reason behind former vice president Al Gore's split with his wife of forty years has now come to light. Star magazine reported today that Gore and Tipper split up after he had been having an affair with Laurie David, the ex-wife of Larry David, for the past two years. :eek:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.............................................................................................

http://www.popeater.com/2010/06/15/laurie-david-denies-al-gore-affair/

Producer Laurie David Denies Affair With Al Gore

Gore's rep declined to comment on the recent allegation :rolleyes:

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know she denied it. That's my post with the link to her denial.

Did Al Gore deny it?

Did Tipper deny it?

IF someone made a wild accusation about me that I KNEW wasn't TRUE, I would fire off a lawsuit so fast, they'd be spinning.

We'll see how this shakes out. I could care less if it's true or not. My opinion of Al Gore won't change from what it was before this story.

JMHO
fran

I know she denied it. That's my post with the link to her denial.

Did Al Gore deny it?

Did Tipper deny it?

IF someone made a wild accusation about me that I KNEW wasn't TRUE, I would fire off a lawsuit so fast, they'd be spinning.

We'll see how this shakes out. I could care less if it's true or not. My opinion of Al Gore won't change from what it was before this story.

JMHO
fran

That's a totally false premise. Because in known cases people don't always file lawsuits against their accusers even if it had been proven the accusations are false. Presumably because unless the accuser has a lot of money there is really nothing to be accomplished by a lawsuit.
So I fail to see how you can base any opinion on the veracity of the accusations based on the lack of the lawsuit.

The Star magazine has been sued for much less than allegations of adultery. Heck, Reece Witherspoon sued them because they printed a picture of her on vacation and claimed she was pregnant. She sued and got them to retract their story.

Mr. Gore and the 'friend' he's alleged to have had an affair with are both rich and famous. IF the accusation is untrue, I would expect at least one of the parties to file a lawsuit. It would then be the Star who would be compelled to prove the affair in fact happened.

Until and IF a lawsuit is filed, the story is out there and the reasons people come to a conclusion of if true or false will be varied. That's why people often times, agree to disagree.

JMHO
fran

The only thing that surprises me anymore is when famous people are surprised when their secrets come to light.

IMO there must be a reason why Tipper gave ol' AG the boot.

When one is a public figure it is very hard to win a law suit for defamation and when the one being sued is a media defendant - well, the burden of proof is sky high so as to protect freedom of speech. Also, truth is an absolute defense which is why there are few lawsuits...maybe the story is just true enough.

It's easy to say you might file a law suit but it would cost money and only draw more attention to the story and has a good chance of being a loser.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice Collector
Back