AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #14

This Unidentified in florida, looks like her to me… I saw someone had said her aunt and uncle vacationed in florida… The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
When I enlarged the image she looks far too old IMO (but I haven't looked at artist renderings too often). Interesting though, wonder if any family went to florida shortly after she went missing (I don't believe she left her daughter willingly). Again JMO :)

I heard from her stepmom the other day. Another segment was done on Brittney but not sure if it's MSM or a podcast. Not sure if I can link. If anyone is interested try a google search, there was some information in that broadcast I never heard before.

Always thinking of you Brittney.

I heard from her stepmom the other day. Another segment was done on Brittney but not sure if it's MSM or a podcast. Not sure if I can link. If anyone is interested try a google search, there was some information in that broadcast I never heard before.

Thank you, I will go search for it. Her stepmom Steph is in my thoughts too.

Alabama Cold Case Advocacy has a podcast since January and they did a thorough 2-part episode on Brittney. They have a website with a page for the podcast that if you google it you can find. (since we’re not sharing links). Hope this was ok to post like this.

In the wake of Brittney’s disappearance, 11 people were arrested on sex abuse charges, including members of her family and family friends. Some of those people include:
  • Mendy Kent — second-degree sodomy, sex abuse – child less than 12
  • Billy Brownlee — second-degree rape, second-degree sodomy, first-degree rape, first-degree sodomy, sex abuse – child less than 12
  • Randall Wood — second-degree rape, second-degree sodomy, enticing child to enter
  • Wendy Holland — second-degree sodomy
  • Dustin Kent — first-degree rape, first-degree sodomy
The lead prosecutor in the case previously told WKRG, “Pretty much everyone in this extended family was having sex with one another and having sex with the children.”

In July 2020, an aged progressed photo of Brittney was released by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. A week after the photo was released, Mobile Police received a tip about her remains, leading detectives with MCSO to search an abandoned trailer in Grand Bay. Nothing came from that search.

Monster in the Shadows‘ is a three-part docuseries about Brittney’s case that was released on Peacock in 2021.

Wanting to keep this case in everyone’s minds. I had literally never heard about this until recently, which is flabbergasting. This case should have made major national news, and is quite sickening that little has happened for YEARS now, mostly surrounding the disappearance of Brittney. There seems to be very little info on the internet surrounding this case, other than the same information about the arrests repeated over and over. I hope that even just by posting here every so often, it will keep the case alive and keep people looking for this sweet girl, for the sake of her daughter. Does anyone have any updated information on this case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back