AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason GULF SHORES is nagging at me!

Does anyone remember way back when Brit went missing and Scott went out
for a search and no one showed up but a couple from florida? I swear it was Gulf shores.....

I want to go back and look on the hometown search page i think it could be on there...

I might be wrong!

Scott and his friends from Florida were at the Grand Bay Truck Stop.

They said it was in Gulf Shores, can someone tell us how far that is from Stix

Gulf Shores is about 45 mins or maybe 30 miles from Styx River. I was thinking the same thing but also, there was a swimmer that went missing at the beginning of the summer. His body to my knowledge was never found. It might have also come from a shark attack. If somehow BW'S body was in the Mobile Bay, it could have floated out into the Gulf but I am praying it's not her!:please:

Scott and his friends from Florida were at the Grand Bay Truck Stop.

Ok thanks i thought it was gulf shores and i thought they were from Pensacola and that is close to Gulf shores.

Maybe i saw his phone location posting from there i tried to go back
but it was on chessies FB page and its gone now..

Your probably right it just jumped out at me!

Ok thanks i thought it was gulf shores and i thought they were from Pensacola and that is close to Gulf shores.

Maybe i saw his phone location posting from there i tried to go back
but it was on chessies FB page and its gone now..

Your probably right it just jumped out at me!

Maybe the reason you are thinking "Gulf Shores"... is because a while back someone posted something about a "lip reader" and a possible sighting of Brittney at a motel in Foley - and then there was something 'big' going on at a grocery store in Gulf Shores. Maybe?

Possible Human Bone Found Near Pier

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/sep/04/p-ar-4478414/

snipped

This is a photo of the bone turned over to police. It was the second suspicious bone collected near the state pier in three days according to police Sgt. Jason Woodruff. "Over the weekend, two different days the day shift patrol got calls down to the beach of an unknown bone that was washed up and they recovered both."

snipped

Finding bones on the beach isn't that unusual especially near a fishing pier. Just looking at this pile of shells we found bone fragments pretty readily, right here on the surface. What makes this unusual is they weren't sure if they were human or animal bones that were discovered.

"We certainly don't know," says Woodruff. "We're in contact with a forensic anthropologist in Florida this morning to look at some photographs for us just to give us an idea. In the meantime, they are packaged and they will be enroute to the Department of Forensic Sciences in Mobile."

Continued snipped...

Now that one of the bones appears to be human for police there is a new sense of urgency. "Our hope is to get the proper testing done to hopefully identify a victim we just don't know at this point," says Woodruff.

The possible victim that is on everybody's mind is Eric Pye. He is the swimmer that drowned during tropical storm Debby. His body has never been recovered. Neither has Birmingham teenager Conrad Hathcoat who drowned a year ago today during tropical storm Lee.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/sep/04/p-ar-4478414/

out of curiosity---will they test each bone individuality to MAKE SURE they are the same person?! I know they should, not sure what protocol is though.

CW posted on fb...(paraphrased) She is having a PRAYER VIGIL at her house 7:00 friday. Just ask if u need address. Please come and pray with them to bring her home. Brittney will have been gone 100 DAYS FRIDAY!

out of curiosity---will they test each bone individuality to MAKE SURE they are the same person?! I know they should, not sure what protocol is though.

Yes. I had to learn about this when a friend of mine washed up on shores (which is how I found out about BW).

Yes. I had to learn about this when a friend of mine washed up on shores (which is how I found out about BW).

What a sad way to find that out :( Thanks for your response and I'm very sorry for your loss!!!

What a sad way to find that out :( Thanks for your response and I'm very sorry for your loss!!!

Thank you. I think 9/11 (I was residing in the city still at that point) was far worse but on another level. I debated on joining WS because of how somethings were handled in my friends case, or what people had said. Thankfully I don't see that here too much.

With someone bones being found after a storm like this could be anyone, from almost anywhere. BUT if this gets people asking about Brittney on these news forums, FB's and such - possibly she'll get air time. There has GOT to be a bigger reason why they are not. People are interested, all websites dedicated to true crime and finding the lost write about her weekly (less active than this but most have really easy to read timelines and such) I was able to discover screen caps, photos (condo girls for instance) that I missed out on because I was late to the game. It's not because it wasn't kept up to date here, because everyoen works very hard here.. there's just less commentary so it's a few pages verses several threads.

Every single day I wonder if there's an avenue we've all over looked (as far as getting her story air time) and everyday I wonder if there is one among us who can write a very great email that is short and to the point with the timeline attached. It could be sent (BCC of course) to all major networks both local and national. I have toyed with the idea of using my "persona" to do a Youtube video, holding her missing poster and then talking about her life .. giving details of her last where abouts *without talking about the sex crimes against her family* but I'm not too sure if it would serve Brittney well. Someone with a more youthful and vast audience that would appeal to her peers would be better suited.

I was afraid of what the recent storms would turn up. Thoughts and prayers for whatever family this brings some closure to.

I know it has been talked about ad nauseum, but I'm curious from Zeaux or any other's with local knowledge. From the outside looking in (me here on a computer) it really looks and sounds like LE is doing literally ZERO to find Brittney. Do you know if that is accurate or are they at least going through the motions or anything at all? Are there still any searches at all? Is Klaas still involved?

Mobile PD has done very little. They 'follow up' when there are sightings, but that's about all unless they're keeping their efforts a secret. KlaasKids is still involved. There's just no info on where to search that hasn't been searched already.

Mobile PD has done very little. They 'follow up' when there are sightings, but that's about all unless they're keeping their efforts a secret. KlaasKids is still involved. There's just no info on where to search that hasn't been searched already.

Dont you think LE believes one of these persons arrested knows exactly what happend to brittney?

Sure is a tangled web this family wove!

Possibly O/T but it angers me how quickly some LE agencies are so quick to shrug cases off as runaways immediately. They lose precious hours that they will not get again by doing this. Plus surely even if someone has runaway there'd be an issue that may need to be addressed? People don't just run away for no reason whatsoever.
Blergh. Rant over. :(

Zeaux, I hate to keep leaning on you for answers, so if either you or anyone else knows it would be great. Even early on, did they even question WWH or MWK or other family members? I flat out don't remember it even being stated that they questioned that "side" of the family for lack of a better term.

Been away due to Hurricane Isaac and just as I get back on, here it comes again, well, the remnants anyway.

I can speak as to the efforts of local LE concerning BW's case, as I am sure that a few others here can too. If it seems or appears that the MPD has done little or nothing to locate BW or determine the actual reason for her disappearance then please do not be fooled, that is exactly what they have done, little to nothing.

In every case, whether drugs, murder or theft, the MPD has begged for community support and vigilance to bring the perps to justice. This is evidenced by the great number of pleas to the community by LE and city officials. However, they have been strangely silent concerning BW's case. And when they do speak they sound defensive as if their very integrity is being assaulted unjustly.

We are talking about a missing citizen that has, dispite their constant denial, disappeared under suspicious circumstances and their best effort is to respond to tips as they come in?

Every officer takes an oath to serve and protect the citizenry from those that would do harm. When last I checked there were no exceptions to that oath nor was there fine print located on the badge they wear that allows them to give less than their best just because the citizen, in this case, is a teen that has had a run in with the law or is a known drug abuser. She is still a human and a resident of Mobile County and lives within the three mile jurisdiction zone of the MPD. She has had a job in the past and, though she has had her ups and downs, I cannot find where she has been arrested nor has warrants out for her arrest.

By all accounts, BW is a teen that has made poor decisions in her past. Thank God that nothing like this happened to any of us when we were teens and made poor decisions because I hate to think that any of us would be treated in such a way by those who have sworn to protect us.

If this is seen as a scathing review of the way the local LE has handled the BW disappearance case then good, because I believe they haven't done enough. I believe they became reactive from day one instead of being proactive. Someone looked at her case and decided that, for whatever reason, it did not deserve or warrant the high level of effort that other cases may have received in the past or since. What those reasons are may never be fully known and that is, perhaps, the greatest travesty of all, because I believe that the majority of our LE officers do their profession justice but the actions of the department, at least in this local's mind, brings their ability to serve and protect without prejudice and with the upmost respect for the position they have obtained through the badge they wear into question.

Been away due to Hurricane Isaac and just as I get back on, here it comes again, well, the remnants anyway.

I can speak as to the efforts of local LE concerning BW's case, as I am sure that a few others here can too. If it seems or appears that the MPD has done little or nothing to locate BW or determine the actual reason for her disappearance then please do not be fooled, that is exactly what they have done, little to nothing.

In every case, whether drugs, murder or theft, the MPD has begged for community support and vigilance to bring the perps to justice. This is evidenced by the great number of pleas to the community by LE and city officials. However, they have been strangely silent concerning BW's case. And when they do speak they sound defensive as if their very integrity is being assaulted unjustly.

We are talking about a missing citizen that has, dispite their constant denial, disappeared under suspicious circumstances and their best effort is to respond to tips as they come in?

Every officer takes an oath to serve and protect the citizenry from those that would do harm. When last I checked there were no exceptions to that oath nor was there fine print located on the badge they wear that allows them to give less than their best just because the citizen, in this case, is a teen that has had a run in with the law or is a known drug abuser. She is still a human and a resident of Mobile County and lives within the three mile jurisdiction zone of the MPD. She has had a job in the past and, though she has had her ups and downs, I cannot find where she has been arrested nor has warrants out for her arrest.

By all accounts, BW is a teen that has made poor decisions in her past. Thank God that nothing like this happened to any of us when we were teens and made poor decisions because I hate to think that any of us would be treated in such a way by those who have sworn to protect us.

If this is seen as a scathing review of the way the local LE has handled the BW disappearance case then good, because I believe they haven't done enough. I believe they became reactive from day one instead of being proactive. Someone looked at her case and decided that, for whatever reason, it did not deserve or warrant the high level of effort that other cases may have received in the past or since. What those reasons are may never be fully known and that is, perhaps, the greatest travesty of all, because I believe that the majority of our LE officers do their profession justice but the actions of the department, at least in this local's mind, brings their ability to serve and protect without prejudice and with the upmost respect for the position they have obtained through the badge they wear into question.

Send this to them and as a Letter to dthe Editor of the local paper.

Thanks isn't enough

I don't want to snip any of this thoughtful, touching post. Inthedetails04 you have just made yourself standard-bearer of justice for Brittney Wood. IMHO, this should be required reading for many people. Too many times those in control let the blindfold slip off Lady Justice. Unfortunately, this is not an isolated case, or restricted to one area of the country. These same victims have dealt with being treated differently all their life.

Thank you for such an eloquent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member