AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've opened a media, maps, timeline thread for Brittney. Here's the link.

AL AL- Brittney Wood News Media Links, Timeline, Maps Only **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I know some of you are working on a timeline. As you update it, you can re-post with a note that the previous version has been revised, and/or pm a mod to delete the previous version.

Thanks everyone for your hard efforts to help Brittney. I'm really sorry we didn't open this thread sooner.

:tyou:

Thank You So Much!!!!:rocker:

I've opened a media, maps, timeline thread for Brittney. Here's the link.

AL AL- Brittney Wood News Media Links, Timeline, Maps Only **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I know some of you are working on a timeline. As you update it, you can re-post with a note that the previous version has been revised, and/or pm a mod to delete the previous version.

Thanks everyone for your hard efforts to help Brittney. I'm really sorry we didn't open this thread sooner.

:tyou:

Honestly, this site has done more to keep Brittney an active issue than mass media and I want to say THANK YOU for making this a priority.

CW is having a prayer vigil 7:00 Friday for Brittney.

I'm not in Alabama but I will be lighting a candle on Friday for Brittney....I will be sending her family & friends caring thoughts of strength & hope and prayers for Brittney that the light of peace, love & protection is surrounding her.

Beautiful sentiments. I'm in MD and will be doing the same.

Been away due to Hurricane Isaac and just as I get back on, here it comes again, well, the remnants anyway.

I can speak as to the efforts of local LE concerning BW's case, as I am sure that a few others here can too. If it seems or appears that the MPD has done little or nothing to locate BW or determine the actual reason for her disappearance then please do not be fooled, that is exactly what they have done, little to nothing.

In every case, whether drugs, murder or theft, the MPD has begged for community support and vigilance to bring the perps to justice. This is evidenced by the great number of pleas to the community by LE and city officials. However, they have been strangely silent concerning BW's case. And when they do speak they sound defensive as if their very integrity is being assaulted unjustly.

We are talking about a missing citizen that has, dispite their constant denial, disappeared under suspicious circumstances and their best effort is to respond to tips as they come in?

Every officer takes an oath to serve and protect the citizenry from those that would do harm. When last I checked there were no exceptions to that oath nor was there fine print located on the badge they wear that allows them to give less than their best just because the citizen, in this case, is a teen that has had a run in with the law or is a known drug abuser. She is still a human and a resident of Mobile County and lives within the three mile jurisdiction zone of the MPD. She has had a job in the past and, though she has had her ups and downs, I cannot find where she has been arrested nor has warrants out for her arrest.

By all accounts, BW is a teen that has made poor decisions in her past. Thank God that nothing like this happened to any of us when we were teens and made poor decisions because I hate to think that any of us would be treated in such a way by those who have sworn to protect us.

If this is seen as a scathing review of the way the local LE has handled the BW disappearance case then good, because I believe they haven't done enough. I believe they became reactive from day one instead of being proactive. Someone looked at her case and decided that, for whatever reason, it did not deserve or warrant the high level of effort that other cases may have received in the past or since. What those reasons are may never be fully known and that is, perhaps, the greatest travesty of all, because I believe that the majority of our LE officers do their profession justice but the actions of the department, at least in this local's mind, brings their ability to serve and protect without prejudice and with the upmost respect for the position they have obtained through the badge they wear into question.

Well said! I also agree with those that said this should be sent to the Editor of the local newspaper(s).

I've been following the Ivy Merck case. She's the 24-year old that is missing from Athens, GA. Appears she may have left on her own. They found her SUV in South Florida with notes to her family that said she left to work out personal problems.

Here are two quotes in the Athens newspaper from LE about the Ivy Merck case:
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...notes-car-found-florida#.UEkbzWC33gw.facebook

“I hope we’re correct that no foul play has occurred, but we can’t rule that out and that’s why we’re doing full-court press to locate her,” Terrell said.

“Miss Merck is 24 years old and can go about her life as she wants, but her parents just need to know that she is alive and well.”

Regardless if BW is 19 or 29, she still deserves to be found. Or at the very least, a decent effort by LE should be made. Brittney's parents deserve to know if she is alive and well! I've said all along that it's fine if she left on her own, but they need to find her to ensure that she is okay.

I don't want to snip any of this thoughtful, touching post. Inthedetails04 you have just made yourself standard-bearer of justice for Brittney Wood. IMHO, this should be required reading for many people. Too many times those in control let the blindfold slip off Lady Justice. Unfortunately, this is not an isolated case, or restricted to one area of the country. These same victims have dealt with being treated differently all their life.

Thank you for such an eloquent post.

I agree that this is a thoughtful and intelligent post.

Inthedetails, Thank you For taking the time to share this with us all. Please send this to various newspaper editors. Your message NEEDS to be heard. Thank you again!

What if LE knows they wont find her in the general area!
Why look for someone thats not there.
If BW walked away from tillmans Corner she could be anywhere.
I dont know if she is alive or dead.
But i think LE knows something and they are not sharing

LE is not responsible for her going missing.
And how in gods name can ya get reliable info when you have half of her family in jail?

We see on ID these cold cases where detectives and LE officers stay on a case for sometimes 20 years....

what is it! some 800,000 ppl go missing in a year How many are found?
Its not LE thats the problem!

Sorry for the rant

What if LE knows they wont find her in the general area!
Why look for someone thats not there.
If BW walked away from tillmans Corner she could be anywhere.
I dont know if she is alive or dead.
But i think LE knows something and they are not sharing

LE is not responsible for her going missing.
And how in gods name can ya get reliable info when you have half of her family in jail?

We see on ID these cold cases where detectives and LE officers stay on a case for sometimes 20 years....

what is it! some 800,000 ppl go missing in a year How many are found?
Its not LE thats the problem!

Sorry for the rant

So, what you are saying, by your rant, is that you believe, looking on the surface, that LE has done everything they can to locate BW and given her a fair deal as compared to the some odd 800,000 ppl you say goes missing in a year?

They declared just a few days after BW went missing that there was no foul play involved. They didn't follow state and federal protocols with the reporting of BW as being missing. They refused free assistance from state and federal agencies. Only after a constant barage of emails, calls and pressure from supporters and locals did LE list her with the NCMEC, something that even baffled the ppl I spoke with from multiple agencies.

There is a lot more going on behind the scenes that the majority of person's here have no idea about that causes me to form the opinion I have concerning the way LE has handled this case. I am not prejudiced against LE nor do I criticize unjustly. My opinion has been formed by the countless missteps of an agency that has sworn to protect the populace and BW is part of that populace.

If LE has done more than what is on the surface to find BW then why haven't they shared that with her parents? If they have run across evidence that shows she ran away from home then why not tell her family so that they can, at the very least, know she is alive and can move forward with their lives. Why hide that information? That whole scenario just doesn't add up in my book.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you can certainly believe what you want but if we can convict someone of a crime based on hearsay, innuendo and assumptions with no physical evidence and little circumstancial evidence then don't you think there is enough here to warrant a thorough investigation?

The Hometown Search for Brittney fb post (paraphrased)

Today (Thursday) Brittney has been missing for 99 days. Regarding the human bone found on Gulf Shore's beach recently...they contacted the Sgt and the dept on the case to find out whether or not it belongs to Brittney. They have little to go on and have sent it for testing/possible DNA profile. All they know is it's human - don't know the sex.

So, what you are saying, by your rant, is that you believe, looking on the surface, that LE has done everything they can to locate BW and given her a fair deal as compared to the some odd 800,000 ppl you say goes missing in a year?

They declared just a few days after BW went missing that there was no foul play involved. They didn't follow state and federal protocols with the reporting of BW as being missing. They refused free assistance from state and federal agencies. Only after a constant barage of emails, calls and pressure from supporters and locals did LE list her with the NCMEC, something that even baffled the ppl I spoke with from multiple agencies.

There is a lot more going on behind the scenes that the majority of person's here have no idea about that causes me to form the opinion I have concerning the way LE has handled this case. I am not prejudiced against LE nor do I criticize unjustly. My opinion has been formed by the countless missteps of an agency that has sworn to protect the populace and BW is part of that populace.

If LE has done more than what is on the surface to find BW then why haven't they shared that with her parents? If they have run across evidence that shows she ran away from home then why not tell her family so that they can, at the very least, know she is alive and can move forward with their lives. Why hide that information? That whole scenario just doesn't add up in my book.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you can certainly believe what you want but if we can convict someone of a crime based on hearsay, innuendo and assumptions with no physical evidence and little circumstancial evidence then don't you think there is enough here to warrant a thorough investigation?

If they have no evidence of foul play what do You want them to do?
make up evidence?
As i see it her Mom's sister might KNOW exactly what happend to her.
She said she was with her Hubby that night and donnies son said she (BW)was seen while his father was in the hospital said she was seen with an unidentified male...Now if these ppl dont give LE any answers and im sure LE knows alot more than you and I know and maybe they are not sharing with the family because the entire FAMILY is linked to everything thats going on.

What if someone in her family is HIDING her every think about that?

Now i dont know what happend to her and id bet my last dollar it has everything to do with all that has happend since she went missing but i do not think we have all the pieces of the puzzel.

I just do not think its LE's fault and LE gets blamed every time a case goes cold....

Maybe a private detective can help the family!
Klass Kids is there and they even stopped searching so my guess is
they have an inkling as to what may or may not happened to her.

Im not saying LE is perfect but these men and women do have families
and wouldnt just leave a girl out there and not care!

They need clues they need tips INFORMATION!
and i dont think they are getting much of that!

So i guess we can agree to disagree!

Thanks so much! For whatever reason, the last several days my mind has been spinning on why LE wouldn't even check out her disappearance. The comparison that keeps going through my head is a neighbor who reports gunshots from inside their neighbors house and LE only drives by and sees no one with a gun so they write it up as all is peaceful. Just because it seems peaceful on the outside, doesn't mean you disregard the call and not check into it more thoroughly. Likewise, here, just because at a quick glance LE figures voluntarily leaving is the most likely answer doesn't mean you don't check into things a little bit more thoroughly when there are, in fact, criminals circling around Brittney.

DH's suicide alone is enough to dig deeper.
DH using Brittney's gun is enough to dig deeper.
Not 1, but 2 ex-BF's in trouble with the law is enough to dig deeper.
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 (if I'm not forgetting anyone) immediate family members charged with being sexual predators is enough to dig deeper.
A close family friend being charged as a sexual predator is enough to dig deeper.
Drugs being rampant among her circle is enough to dig deeper.
BW's own drug use and possibly selling drugs is enough to dig deeper.

Anyone ONE of these reasons is enough to justify digging deeper, much less the fact that they are all present in this case (and I'm sure I left out many others). That's not to say LE has to suddenly believe foul play is involved in her disappearance, but how do you determine if foul play was involved if you never look? FOR GOD'S SAKE, JUST LOOK

Sorry, rant over.

I don't think LE has done enough at all, however after reading the above post I have stopped and thought:
This is only one family in the area, with all of these issues-& there are a lot IMO! I am wondering if LE isn't doing much because this is ONE family. What kind of other issues and how many is LE having to deal with in that area? I am not being naive and giving them a pass, but this is one group with 6 people that are having legal/family/issues. How does LE get anything done?

I have my own theory about what happend to her!
One day ill share lol.

Hey I understand what your saying about LE. I really do ,I just see this a bit differently then most!

I respect your opinion and like i said I do Understand

I don't think LE has done enough at all, however after reading the above post I have stopped and thought:
This is only one family in the area, with all of these issues-& there are a lot IMO! I am wondering if LE isn't doing much because this is ONE family. What kind of other issues and how many is LE having to deal with in that area? I am not being naive and giving them a pass, but this is one group with 6 people that are having legal/family/issues. How does LE get anything done?

Exactly, and i think they are peeling away at the layers to get to the core!
How many arrests have been made and they are all either family or friends.
These ppl know what happend to BW....but they are not telling!
JMO

I have my own theory about what happend to her!
One day ill share lol.

Hey I understand what your saying about LE. I really do ,I just see this a bit differently then most!

I respect your opinion and like i said I do Understand

I would luv to know your theory.!!

I respectfully agree to disagree with you Eileen regarding LE investigation.

If they have no evidence of foul play what do You want them to do?
make up evidence?
As i see it her Mom's sister might KNOW exactly what happend to her.
She said she was with her Hubby that night and donnies son said she (BW)was seen while his father was in the hospital said she was seen with an unidentified male...Now if these ppl dont give LE any answers and im sure LE knows alot more than you and I know and maybe they are not sharing with the family because the entire FAMILY is linked to everything thats going on.

What if someone in her family is HIDING her every think about that?

Now i dont know what happend to her and id bet my last dollar it has everything to do with all that has happend since she went missing but i do not think we have all the pieces of the puzzel.

I just do not think its LE's fault and LE gets blamed every time a case goes cold....

Maybe a private detective can help the family!
Klass Kids is there and they even stopped searching so my guess is
they have an inkling as to what may or may not happened to her.

Im not saying LE is perfect but these men and women do have families
and wouldnt just leave a girl out there and not care!

They need clues they need tips INFORMATION!
and i dont think they are getting much of that!

So i guess we can agree to disagree!

There is more than one type of evidence. Besides physical evidence, there is circumstantial evidence. It's the circumstances in Brittney's case that make it suspect for foul play. I'll give you that there's no physical evidence, but there's plenty of circumstantial evidence.

KlaasKids does NOT know or have any idea where Brittney is. That is a fact, not my opinion. They're gleaning what clues they can from everything LE gives them, but it's slow getting anything from LE.

Inthedetails knows much more about what's gone on behind the scenes than he's able to share because he's not a verified insider. But take it from this verified insider, he knows of what he speaks. He's not guessing or making unfounded assumptions. He has spoken to various LE personnel himself. He ran into inexplicable brick walls just as the Hankes have.

It only takes a few minutes for the LE agency to pick up the phone and return the call of a concerned local citizen, family friend, or family member who has a tip, yet Mobile PD does not. I know of individuals who have left repeated messages with the appropriate officials and asked for a return call and heard nothing. Mobile PD refuses to communicate with Brittney's Dad or step-mother or anyone else they aren't required to (they're only required to communicate with the person who submitted the original missing person report, which was Chessie),

As for tips, clues, information: they have it. They just aren't acting on it. That is what is so frustrating to her dad and step-mom. If you've followed Brittney's Dad's comments on fb to news articles and on the hometown search page, you could read between the lines and figure out what he knows that Mobile PD knows, too.

I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion, and sometimes our opinions change or evolve. But, I wanted to make it clear that Inthedetails has more knowledge of the facts of this case and investigation than what has been made public, so, in my opinion, his opinion is more factual and accurate than most.

See WH's most recent comment on the hometown search page re LE knowledge and action.

This article appears to claim the body found is of a man.

Man's body found in ditch in Seminole

Last updated: September 6, 2012 6:06 pm CDT

SEMINOLE, Ala. (WALA) – The identity of a man found dead Thursday morning in Seminole has yet to be released.

The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office got a call to the private property by the owner, after making the discovery.

"Property owner was out surveying the property this morning and noticed that the gate was open and some saw grass had been knocked down. He traveled down the road to investigate," said Investigator Eric Winberg.

Winberg said the owner came up on a car he didn't recognize. He got out and walked around the car and saw the body of man.

http://tablet.fox10tv.com/10001/4491231/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member