AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special Report: Missing Brittney

Updated: Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 8:21 AM CDT | Published : Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 8:19 AM CDT | Andrew Perez

Snip - Investigators said they had been looking to talk to Brittney about the sex crimes before she even went missing.

"We oftentimes look for that golden nugget. That one person that can make the difference in your case," said Detective Eric Winberg, former lead investigator on the family sex abuse investigation in Baldwin County. "In this particular case, Brittney Wood was that person. She was the person that could tell the whole story."

Its a story that technically began February 26, when investigators said Brittney's uncle, Randall Scott Wood, called authorities to report the family sex abuse.

Investigators, along with Brittney's mother, believe the missing teen was a victim herself. In fact, authorities believe Brittney was one of the only victims who knew that other children were being abused by numerous relatives.

Much more at link - I wish I could post the entire article.
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney

Lash, thanks so much for posting this info. I tried finding it, but had no luck.

Wow. Just wow. Am I hearing for the first time that Randall Scott Wood was the one to spill the beans? And the phone battery being found in Donald's truck?

Interesting how they now insist the sexual abuse and Brittney's disappearance ARE related, when at the beginning they claimed there was no connection.

Need to make sure I see this special. Thanks for posting this info.

Just sad because it confirms to me that she is no longer with us.

Well, well, well!!! I'm so FREAKIN glad that LE is FINALLY linking the sex crimes and Britt's disappearance. I personally think they have always linked the two but denied it to the public. Now if only we could just find her. :(

I am so grateful Fox10 and Andrew Perez are doing this special report on Brittney. Thank you!

I can't help but feel angry after reading sections of the article. I don't believe Brittney's disappearance was ever given a proper investigation.

I am so grateful Fox10 and Andrew Perez are doing this special report on Brittney. Thank you!

I can't help but feel angry after reading sections of the article. I don't believe Brittney's disappearance was ever given a proper investigation.

I agree Lash!! The sad thing is, I still don't think it's being properly investigated. It just shocks me!! LE seems to be just waiting on someone to happen upon her body. It's just not acceptable to me! I'm so glad Andrew Perez has taken interest in her case and is doing all he can!!

Donald Paul Holland, Jr and Derek Thomas Wood: Court tomorrow @ 9

Attachments

• court.JPG
    court.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 22
I was shocked to see LE admit the connection to the investigation and her disapearance.

I still think the Number one POI is/was DH. And this case seems so much like Sidney Randall's I almost think Sidney's stepdad followed BW's case.

Oh, I'm so glad to see a development in the case, but sad too. LE are saying they think this is a 'recovery' operation. I didn't think Brittney could be alive, but sometimes I did just have a tiny hope, you know?

And really -when did LE suspect Brittney might be the only person able to provide a complete picture for the sex abuse case? Early on in the investigation? Did they think she might be at any risk - and did they warn her she might be?

Thank you for letting us know, and thank you to any posters who may have helped bring Brittney's case to Andrew Perez's attention. It was good to see Brittney's family working together in that clip, to try and highlight her case.

Thanks for the court notification too. Everything seems to be happening at once now. Let's hope it will help bring Brittney home, at last.

So I wonder who took the battery out of Brittney's phone? Not Brittney, I think. So...DH? Or someone else?

Special Report: Missing Brittney

Updated: Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 8:21 AM CDT | Published : Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 8:19 AM CDT | Andrew Perez

Snip - Investigators said they had been looking to talk to Brittney about the sex crimes before she even went missing.

"We oftentimes look for that golden nugget. That one person that can make the difference in your case," said Detective Eric Winberg, former lead investigator on the family sex abuse investigation in Baldwin County. "In this particular case, Brittney Wood was that person. She was the person that could tell the whole story."

Its a story that technically began February 26, when investigators said Brittney's uncle, Randall Scott Wood, called authorities to report the family sex abuse.

Investigators, along with Brittney's mother, believe the missing teen was a victim herself. In fact, authorities believe Brittney was one of the only victims who knew that other children were being abused by numerous relatives.

Much more at link - I wish I could post the entire article.
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney

Is that authentic footage of the gun & DH truck? And Derek opens up? Looking forward to Monday's segment! Thanks for posting this.

That is heartbreaking. Brittney's poor, poor little girl. No child should have that legacy. Brittney has to be brought home, just for her.

Okay, am I hallucinating? IIRC Back when Brittney first went missing LE said the sex case had nothing to do with her. Now she was the "golden nugget" and they were looking to talk to her? Did I hallucinate them saying it had nothing to do with her disappearance?

I'm so glad FOX is doing this, I wish they would have done more to pressure LE sooner.

Okay, am I hallucinating? IIRC Back when Brittney first went missing LE said the sex case had nothing to do with her. Now she was the "golden nugget" and they were looking to talk to her? Did I hallucinate them saying it had nothing to do with her disappearance?

I'm so glad FOX is doing this, I wish they would have done more to pressure LE sooner.

You definitely didn't hallucinate it. I can't believe they ever said those words but they did. Just goes to show the lack of investigating thoroughly, at least with this case. :banghead:

I read the new update on Brit. Her battery was found in a deceased mans car and yet .. we weren't told this? WHY! She is missing and this is vital information. This does place her with him and no one takes their battery out and leaves it behind!

I'm grossed out by the police calling her a golden nugget, yet they did nothing. I'm so conflicted. I had a feeling early on that Brittney held the key to it all. :( Now call me "out there" but wouldn't finding her or at least a way to look for her - would be to go by Donald's pings during the time she was last seen and when he was found dead? I know people here go searching for her, and probably already exhausted this idea but in case you all haven't...

What has always sunk in my gut is that she knew, she knew everything and Wendy (and many others) knew that she knew. There's FB exchanges which makes me side eye those that have her password and have logged in. Now we know why they wanted in her phone and social media. I HOPE that those who are involved in the cover up for those that are guilty and Brittney going missing - I hope they get caught and I hope they go to jail. I hope they get picked up when they are heavily using so that they have to get dope sick in a cell with a toilet that doesn't work.

I'm beyond upset.

Ugh. I bet DH's wife, and perhaps even some others, knows where she is. IMO.

The article also says that she was last see leaving with DH. That's new info too, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93