Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to wonder if someone didn't put her up to this as a diversion for something else that someone else was doing? Saying this is not victim blaming. It's being curious about what else could explain her behavior that isn't related to an abduction or a mental health issue.

Boyfriend's statement is strange to me unless he has specific knowledge that hasn't been shared. Or maybe he's just more of a reactive, dramatic personality? He was probably so worried when she was gone that her being kidnapped and fighting for her life was the only scenario he could imagine.

Not necessarily. The costs associated with a 2 day search for a missing, suspected abducted person and an unknown toddler would be staggering. (Not to mention the non-dollar 'costs' like stress to responders...) They would need to do their due diligence to determine what, if any, crimes were committed if the person returned home on their own. i.e. Was this an actual abduction and they need to continue to investigate and find the perpetrator(s), was this a mental breakdown/mental illness of some kind that the person had no control over, or was this an intentional staged event, and then further investigation in that direction to determine appropriate charges, if any, and restitution.

Unresponsive doesn't mean unconscious. You can be conscious and unresponsive, catatonic is the word that comes to mind to best describe this.
I was just thinking “catatonic” as well. I think it would have been more accurate, if she was indeed conscious and able to walk, if they had said something more specific, such as “verbally unresponsive”. Jmo

I'm beginning to wonder if someone didn't put her up to this as a diversion for something else that someone else was doing? Saying this is not victim blaming. It's being curious about what else could explain her behavior that isn't related to an abduction or a mental health issue.

Boyfriend's statement is strange to me unless he has specific knowledge that hasn't been shared. Or maybe he's just more of a reactive, dramatic personality? He was probably so worried when she was gone that her being kidnapped and fighting for her life was the only scenario he could imagine.
Of course the boyfriend has knowledge that hasn't been shared. It would be weird if he didn't.

Wouldn't being her boyfriend pretty much in itself show he has specific knowledge that hasn't been shared?

I watched the parents’ interview this morning and the mom said that they didn’t immediately talk to Carlee when she came in because of her condition. She wasn’t in a good state. So I am assuming that that is where the ”unresponsive but breathing“ came from. Perhaps she was breathing but just wouldn’t talk OR she was screaming and freaking out?

They said they had to step back. That’s very telling IMO.

Aniah Blanchard’s Mom posted very emotional video, she graciously headed up the search center when contacted by family with request.

I’ve tried but failed to attach link, Angela Haley-Harris’s FB

If against rules I’ll remove.

9H2mii3.jpg

Going on Today asking for no speculation leads to more speculation in my opinion lol. Glad she's back and 'okay'. Okay is relative because we just don't know. I would think they would be VERY concerned that their child's abductor was still at large and be more forthcoming with information about that: a stranger took our child or a person known to her was involved with this. They gave no indication of anything else.

Is that information “out there” anywhere to find?
Transcript of 911 call but it’s not quite clear as to whose cell phone.

Edit: I’m having issues with service so attachments for transcript are not possible. Note transcript is not from LE but created by an online user.

Last edited:
Is that information “out there” anywhere to find?
It pinged to the neighborhood side of the trees. To add, mom likely pinged from Family Locator or Life 360 - those apps are not always 100% accurate. For example, we've pinged our high school kid and it looked like he was across the street at a hair salon school when he was really at a pizza joint two doors down.

I appreciate everyone here who is giving Carlee the benefit of the doubt and NOT immediately assuming it's a hoax or she's a liar.
I've had friends who were forcibly kidnapped (removed from their car/home) and raped at gunpoint/knife but were too afraid to tell friends or report it to the police because they wouldn't believe or support them. The ones who came forward were ridiculed called *advertiser censored*, and some lost partners, friends, and family over being assaulted!
I prefer Websleuths because it's a victim-friendly site. I want justice for victims.
Until evidence proves otherwise I will accept someone or something traumatic happened to her.

It pinged to the neighborhood side of the trees. To add, mom likely pinged from Family Locator or Life 360 - those apps are not always 100% accurate. For example, we've pinged our high school kid and it looked like he was across the street at a hair salon school when he was really at a pizza joint two doors down.
I think they need to cull through video of that location from up to a couple months back. I know I'm not walking into woods in the pitch black by myself having never been there before! Scary. Unless I'm running FROM something. A toddler is going to run out TO me. I think I would have had to be guided through there with someone BEFORE to do it. MOO

Fair enough. We’ll see, but I consider it extremely unlikely personally there was ever a child at the side of the road and until I see mainstream media that says there was or was likely to have been, I won’t consider that to be true on my end…

I also don’t think “unresponsive” was accurate for the reasons you suggest. I think Carlee walked up to the door of the house and was okay to do so which as you say isn’t consistent with “unresponsive” in the sense it’s usually used. Of course, that doesn’t explain why the term was used. I have a theory that I won’t share in case it is inaccurate as if I’m wrong it will be unfair on Carlee.

I’m happy to be proven wrong on all counts of course.
Can confirm that in first responder language asking if someone is responsive means, are they alert, are they oriented, can they answer the basic alert and oriented times four questions that first responders will ask to determine the persons mental status. Those questions include asking the person who they are and if they know where they are. This helps dispatchers determine if further services are needed, a.k.a. an ambulance.

It doesn’t need to go any deeper than that IMO. That’s mostly likely what it means. I’m a current psych ER nurse, though not verified via WS

Can confirm that in first responder language asking if someone is responsive means, are they alert, are they oriented, can they answer the basic alert and oriented times four questions that first responders will ask to determine the persons mental status. Those questions include asking the person who they are and if they know where they are. This helps dispatchers determine if further services are needed, a.k.a. an ambulance.

It doesn’t need to go any deeper than that IMO. That’s mostly likely what it means. I’m a current psych ER nurse, though not verified via WS
Would being hysterical count as non-responsive?

Finding out where the sister-in-law's call pinged would go a long way to find out the truth. Once you have that piece, you can put two-and-two together.

I’m struggling with the audio of 911 call, based on dispatcher and officers communications and there being two different active 911 calls, it’s confusing if the ping is for CR’s cell phone or the future sister-in-law’s cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01