Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that think it’s a hoax. Wouldn’t her, wig, and phone being on the ground be a sign of struggle?
I think it could be a sign of a struggle or still possibly a sign of being staged.

I have no real thought or theory on what happened here, I just think that could go either way

Except this IS one of the facts of the case - that she reported seeing a toddler to two different sources (911 and boyfriend’s sister).
Yes, and she was heard asking someone if they were okay. I do think I see a person to the front of the car while Carlee is standing on the passenger’s side of her vehicle. I don’t have to squint and I see someone. I am pretty well skilled in Lightroom and Photoshop. Very familiar with pixelations. And there’s tons of it but I do see a person in addition to the person in black that I assume to be Carlee.

No doubt LE know a lot. I saw a video of Carlee’s mother earlier today. She said they had already as of this morning been checking hotels all the way to Tuscaloosa and also into Mississippi. I believe she also mentioned truck stops but she definitely said hotels.

For those that think it’s a hoax. Wouldn’t her, wig, and phone being on the ground be a sign of struggle?
Yes - but there was a video that doesn't show anyone else around (let alone near her car) and she just calmly disappears into the night. The video is not great, but it would probably show a struggle.

Also, if I were staging something like this my phone would be the very first thing I left behind... and no wig means she instantly looks different

Yes - but there was a video that doesn't show anyone else around (let alone near her car) and she just calmly disappears into the night. The video is not great, but it would probably show a struggle.

Also, if I were staging something like this my phone would be the very first thing I left behind... and no wig means she instantly looks different
Good points!

This makes sense, but it’s everything from the moment after she was hit that I can’t figure out.if the driver who hit her left the scene and left her body there, why wouldn’t they have found her body? If the driver moved her body, how did no other drivers see it happening?

As some others have suggested, it's possible (though it does seem unlikely) that if she was struck, she was inadvertently removed from the scene. A gruesome possibility, but a possibility, I think. :(

Re the screenshots that were posted, I believe it is

par·ei·do·lia ˌper-ˌī-ˈdō-lē-ə -ˈdōl-yə : the tendency to perceive a specific, often meaningful image in a random or ambiguous visual pattern.

ambiguous or random patterns.. I am not sure the effect people are doing here is actually applicable to this it could be , I guess ,but I thought it more like jesus is in the toast kinda thing.
Interesting thing to note are
1. . The concept of pareidolia may extend to include hidden messages in recorded music played .
2.Pareidolia is frequent among patients with parkinson's .
3.Medical educators sometimes teach medical students and resident physicians to use pareidolia and patternicity to learn to recognize human anatomy on radiology imaging studies.
Wikki helped.

<modsnip: referenced post was removed>

If I saw nothing else in the videos and screenshots posted here, I saw that headlights from the many passing cars illuminated the side of the road to the ditch pretty well. Others in this thread have attested to seeing things on the side of the road that turned out to be something else.

So while I agree it could have been nothing, it also must be strongly considered that she saw something compelling enough to make her loop around and attempt to find it again, after a long day of school and work, on the side of a busy highway, at 930pm on a Thursday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been mentioned

Is there a possibility someone was in the vehicle with her? She maybe didn’t like to say when on the phone….and this person said ‘hey there’s a kid back there’

They stop, this person then slides out of passenger side and the unknown then happens?

Is there some kind of irrigation channel in the woods where the car was found? On google earth(PC) the historical imagery shows, what I can only describe as an irrigation channel or some kind of path? Is there a culvert?
Not sure how to link google earth, but the historical imagery dates can be seen in the top of each photo.
Are gators prevalent there?

Yes - but there was a video that doesn't show anyone else around (let alone near her car and she just calmly disappears into the night.
[Snipped/bolded by me.] You can see this on the video? Is she walking (as I assume running wouldn't appear "calm")? In what direction? I hope this is true; it feels like our best hope for Carlee.

As some others have suggested, it's possible (though it does seem unlikely) that if she was struck, she was inadvertently removed from the scene. A gruesome possibility, but a possibility, I think. :(
I would be very willing to entertain the idea of being hit but that would have been seen on the traffic camera.

I wonder if they can obtain her phone records, and if yes, quickly. They should be able to tell where she was when she made the calls, and hopefully determine if she did circle back to that location a second time if she had any kind of tracking on her phone, any apps that track you, etc. That is, if the 911 call was placed and she hadn’t even driven down that stretch yet, it would seem like an intentional but strange disappearance.

She drives a Mercedes and that wasn’t stolen? Her purse and phone were found, also not stolen? not sure if her wallet contents are missing, but it doesn’t seem to me like if this was a bizarre kidnapping that she’d have been an intentional target. Anyone could have pulled over if there was indeed a child there, as has been mentioned here many times.

I screen recorded the video and took several screenshots. It’s hard to see but I’ll share. I see two, possibly 3 people. Carlee (in black tank, leggings, maybe hair up? A person in shorts with a white tee and white tall socks. And possibly a smaller figure in a red shirt. View attachment 434764View attachment 434765View attachment 434766View attachment 434767View attachment 434768View attachment 434769View attachment 434770View attachment 434771
Bumped it .
I hope someone trys to make the grey scale .
I Also see the jesus toast now ,Gardenista !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018