Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Members need to read The Rules.

Discussion of FB or other social media 'comment's is NOT allowed. They are considered rumor.

Scanner information is NOT allowed. It not only jeopardizes an investigation, it also has the potential to jeopardize the lives of officers involved.

Never ridicule another member for their theory. You may not agree with it, but disagree respectfully or scroll and roll as if you'd never seen it.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
If she spotted a child by the road she would be past it by the time she hardly realized it. She would have to double back by getting off and back on, then off and back on, and go by again to stop.
The key is exactly what you pointed out…scenario one I would think she actually thought she saw something and doubled back to check. Scenario two…if she just pulls over right off the bat, it’s a ruse. She intended to stop there and the phone calls were part of the deception.
LE should know which one it is by now.
Her car’s computer/GPS should be able to to determine what that car did in that time frame. It’s a Mercedes right? Should have all the bells and whistles.

MOO

I hope they're using bloodhounds in case someone chased her into the woods.
It is very difficult if not nearly impossible to be chased in the dark in woods through thick trees and underbrush. Moo.
But yes I hope they have search/sent dogs.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Her car’s computer/GPS should be able to to determine what that car did in that time frame. It’s a Mercedes right? Should have all the bells and whistles.

MOO
Would the car's computer be able to tell, for instance, if someone approached her car from the passenger side and opened the door ?
I keep thinking scenarios in my mind, and they're not good at all.
Frightening.
Omo.

Hoping for her to be found soon and safely !
So sorry for her worried family. :(

<modsnip: quoted post removed> From the timeline it sounds like she saw the child then looped back to confirm BEFORE calling 911. Once she returned and pulled over she called 911 then called her brothers GF. She’s have a better description after parking and seeing the child.

I’ve called 911 twice for what I thought were toddlers/young children. The first time they were in the bed of a truck and there were multiple children who appeared toddler to 10 years old. I later found out they were preteen-teens.

The second time, they were in a minivan left running in a Walmart parking lot I could see through the windshield and they appeared to be toddler-5 y/o in car seats. I called because they’d unbuckled and were moving around the car, I’d gone in and come out and they were still there. I later found out they were older children.

The mention of a diaper though makes it seem the child was indeed toddler or a young child in white underwear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday, people brought food and water and set up tents to provide shade as others split off into search parties for the day.

This search is different than your typical grid search as they are looking for Russell but also looking to spread her information. Their goal is for everyone to be aware of her and what she looks like.
“Social media is great but even just being on your feet will help us bring back our girl," said D'kota Wyatt, Russell's friend.

Angela Harris lost her daughter Aniah Blanchard after a month of searching for her. She explained the goals of this search.

“It’s important to get the information out about Carlee and then in turn looking for her wherever you are she could be anywhere right now," said Harris

New fliers can be found here by 8:00 tomorrow and Carlee’s friends are asking people looking to help, no matter where you live, to print these fliers and post them around.

The search will continue at the Hoover Met again at 8:00 Sunday morning.

I wonder whether police have asked for and investigated any surveillance video that those homes on the other side of that wooded strip might have. Any unusual or suspicious movement etc. Homes often have cameras in the rear of their properties. Or even if there were any non resident vehicles on that street.
You never know.

I wonder whether police have asked for and investigated any surveillance video that those homes on the other side of that wooded strip might have. Any unusual or suspicious movement etc. Homes often have cameras in the rear of their properties. Or even if there were any non resident vehicles on that street.
You never know.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she made it through the woods walking in the open she could very well be seen on a ring camera. LE most likely looked or will look I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592