Found Deceased AL - Dylan Gunter, 20, Ozark, 11 June 2017

I have to say, as a dog lover, I am NOT buying the suicide thing.

If I ever considered suicide, I would do anything to keep my dog from witnessing it and would do everything I could to ensure he would have a way to be okay without me.

I know that's easy for me to look at the situation objectively and it's hard to know what I would do if suicide was otherwise something I would consider....but say what you want, a dog lover would not go into the woods to kill himself and bring his dog.

I also feel like they would have mentioned a gun being found near his body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to say, as a dog lover, I am NOT buying the suicide thing.

If I ever considered suicide, I would do anything to keep my dog from witnessing it and would do everything I could to ensure he would have a way to be okay without me.

I know that's easy for me to look at the situation objectively and it's hard to know what I would do if suicide was otherwise something I would consider....but say what you want, a dog lover would not go into the woods to kill himself and bring his dog.

I also feel like they would have mentioned a gun being found near his body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I understand your point but am not sure we can apply the same logic to someone who is so depressed that they see no other option. Perhaps he knew his dog would be well cared for by his parents and so chose not to go far from his home so the dog could make it back. I don't know. I'm mostly leaning this way because they did not mention his death is suspicious, a crime, etc and he did not take his phone or any belongings with him, which his friends/family said was unusual.

Of course it is possible foul play is involved.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, though, and without one bit of snark, we have seen it here - twice in the recent past. Suicides where the dog accompanied and came back.

I, too, am a dog lover to the nth degree (I have 8 and do rescue in my spare time, ruff ruff) and can't even imagine. But that's the thing. Just because I can't imagine it (committing suicide with my dog at my side) doesn't mean Dylan couldn't imagine it. We have no idea what he felt, what he was going thorough, etc. Have to wait for facts to tell us what happened. Indeed there may have been foul play.

So sorry for you no matter what, Dylan. And for your pup as well, who will no doubt grieve your loss.

Yes..he was battling depression..yes his dog will be taken care of by his mother..dylan is now with his father who passed a few years back. Yes..I've took his own life. He was my sons best friend...more like a brother. His passing has left a dark void in so many lives. RIP sweet boy! You are no longer hurting. 😢

No.....sadly he took his own life
He is loved and missed by so many ppl.

Yes..he was battling depression..yes his dog will be taken care of by his mother..dylan is now with his father who passed a few years back. Yes..I've took his own life. He was my sons best friend...more like a brother. His passing has left a dark void in so many lives. RIP sweet boy! You are no longer hurting. 😢
I am sorry for you and your son, jerimoney79. RIP Dylan

I was about to post, when I read the above post. Sometimes there is nothing suspicious when our cynicism here wants to find some, because we see so much here. I am local. I do not know this family, but this was posted by our local news in their usual way when a death is a suicide.

May He Rest In Power ((Hugs))

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yes..he was battling depression..yes his dog will be taken care of by his mother..dylan is now with his father who passed a few years back. Yes..I've took his own life. He was my sons best friend...more like a brother. His passing has left a dark void in so many lives. RIP sweet boy! You are no longer hurting. [emoji22]

Wishing peace for you, your son and Dylan's family and other friends.

Yes..he was battling depression..yes his dog will be taken care of by his mother..dylan is now with his father who passed a few years back. Yes..I've took his own life. He was my sons best friend...more like a brother. His passing has left a dark void in so many lives. RIP sweet boy! You are no longer hurting. ��

Thank you for sharing. You must all be hurting. I am so sorry.

Prayers and healing for all of you and of course for Dylan and his dog.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back