Identified! AL - Huntsville, Female 148UFAL, 15-19, Oct'97 - Cynthia Davis

I wonder what happened all those years ago? She was working, didn't she have any friends/boss/landlord/someone to report her missing? Why did she move to AL from CA? Where was she living? Didn't she have any belongings that were left behind when she disappeared to make someone question where she might be? A vehicle that was found abandoned? I know most of these questions will never be answered but it makes me wonder, why? Why did it take that long to id her? Its very sad. I am so glad that the LE in this case cared enough to keep pushing for answers!

Here is another article http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/story/Family-Speaks-Out-About-Their-loved-Ones-Murder/-z16KxRIekONwdbv1aM1aw.cspx

Alan Merryman and his two sons think about Cindy Davis everyday since she went missing. This grieving stepfather has a memorial in his living room filled with photos
of his 18 year daughter and lots of memories, most of them painful. "its brought closure, now I know for sure what happened to her. But it doesn't help heal the wounds. I have a big open spot in my heart without her being there to fill it" Merryman said.

Rest in peace, Cynthia. It makes me hopeful and grateful that we have detectives that never stop until they find out who this woman was. Now I hope they find the justice for this young lady that she deserves.

Is there a thread for Cynthia Lynn Davis's murder? I can't find one. I have wondered about this case. It's an intresting one.

I wonder what happened all those years ago? She was working, didn't she have any friends/boss/landlord/someone to report her missing? Why did she move to AL from CA? Where was she living? Didn't she have any belongings that were left behind when she disappeared to make someone question where she might be? A vehicle that was found abandoned? I know most of these questions will never be answered but it makes me wonder, why? Why did it take that long to id her? Its very sad. I am so glad that the LE in this case cared enough to keep pushing for answers!

I think about this all the time with unreported missing and/or runaways. Where does their stuff go? How can the family walk by their photo/old room and not even think to report them missing after a long time has passed by where they haven't heard from them.

What I'm suspecting in her case is that she could have been living with a boyfriend that is also the killer. After the murder he throws all of her stuff out, and when her work calls to wonder why she missed her shift he tells them she moved back home to CA. No body would suspect a thing.

I think about this all the time with unreported missing and/or runaways. Where does their stuff go? How can the family walk by their photo/old room and not even think to report them missing after a long time has passed by where they haven't heard from them.

What I'm suspecting in her case is that she could have been living with a boyfriend that is also the killer. After the murder he throws all of her stuff out, and when her work calls to wonder why she missed her shift he tells them she moved back home to CA. No body would suspect a thing.

Could be different scenarios. Maybe adopted, not wanted or a kid like me where parents could care less.
Also while most LE will take a missing person report these days, there are many that will not so unless a family knows what to do to try to get help they're screwed. Even entering in NamUs doesn't guarantee they'll get an MP report. I have a few MP's entered that are not public due to no report

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back