Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018 #2

In the article if u scroll down and look over the guy in the light teal colored shirt left shoulder ( his left) it looks like the sticker to me.
Don’t confuse it with the back of the gals head standing in front of him with an emblem on the back of her hat.
attachment.php

This part of the photo? I don't see anything? I was under the impression they said the truck was 1/4 mile from 33, that it was tucked away in a narrow log road.

Attachments

• twitt09876.jpg
    twitt09876.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 529
attachment.php

This part of the photo? I don't see anything? I was under the impression they said the truck was 1/4 mile from 33, that it was tucked away in a narrow log road.

I can’t see it either. I’ve zoomed in, cropped, posterized it, inverted it, you name it-I’ve done it. Can’t see it! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg ok, I'm not the only one, I am going crosseyed over here. It's worse than looking for waldo.

I apologize. It’s late and seeing it blown up more I can’t see what I thought I was seeing either now. Ugh where my glasses. Lol

Lol, no worries, I thought I might need to upgrade my glasses!

Sheriff’s Office Winston County FB post:

The body of Jennifer Marshall White, age 55, of Moulton, was discovered this afternoon by a private search party approximately a quarter of a mile off of Alabama Highway 33 near the Winston/Lawrence County line. The body has been transported to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for official determination on cause of death.

Winston County Sheriff Tommy Moore stated: “I extend my deepest condolences to Mrs. White's family. I am thankful for any measure of comfort and closure that today’s discovery might bring. I ask everyone to keep this family in your prayers during the many difficult days ahead.”

Sheriff Moore added: “I extend my gratitude to Lt. Jonathan Winters and his agents with the State Bureau of Investigation, Chief Deputy Bryan Kirkpatrick, Investigator Caleb Snoddy, and deputies from my office, Ranger Sonny St. John of the US Forest Service, as well as members of the Winston County Coroner’s Office, Marion/Winston County District Attorney’s Office, and Mud Tavern Fire and Rescue. They all assisted in the removal of the body and evidence from the death scene.”

No further information will be released at this time.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=409782926156676&id=184938921974412

Sheriff’s Office Winston County FB post:

The body of Jennifer Marshall White, age 55, of Moulton, was discovered this afternoon by a private search party approximately a quarter of a mile off of Alabama Highway 33 near the Winston/Lawrence County line. The body has been transported to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for official determination on cause of death.

Winston County Sheriff Tommy Moore stated: “I extend my deepest condolences to Mrs. White's family. I am thankful for any measure of comfort and closure that today’s discovery might bring. I ask everyone to keep this family in your prayers during the many difficult days ahead.”

Sheriff Moore added: “I extend my gratitude to Lt. Jonathan Winters and his agents with the State Bureau of Investigation, Chief Deputy Bryan Kirkpatrick, Investigator Caleb Snoddy, and deputies from my office, Ranger Sonny St. John of the US Forest Service, as well as members of the Winston County Coroner’s Office, Marion/Winston County District Attorney’s Office, and Mud Tavern Fire and Rescue. They all assisted in the removal of the body and evidence from the death scene.”

No further information will be released at this time.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=409782926156676&id=184938921974412

No thanks to the PI or the volunteers? I’m sorry: It just stood out to me.

I am heartbroken for Jennifer and her family.

So here's the thing about pings, the only way to get ALL of the true pings for a phone is with a search warrant. It has been that way since E911 was implemented 18 years ago or so (for anyone who remembers bag phones, those went away because it was mandated that all wireless phones in the US be E911/GPS911 compatible.)

I know first hand, thanks to the job I had before I did my time working in MH, how quickly someone can be found. 18 years ago I picked up the phone at the electronics/wireless phone store I worked at and was greeted by a police man who needed information on how to get the location records of a person's phone. I was a very brief and almost inconsequential go between the cellphone provider via our rep and the police. I didn't know until that evening what had happened and only found out because of the size of our area. From the time the victim was murdered here in NW Pennsylvania until the suspect was apprehended in Las Vegas, Nevada was approximately 14 hours. More over, the warrant was only obtained, perhaps, four hours before he was caught *on the other side of the country*.

The thing with a true ping is that it can be done whether the phone is on or off. As long as there is a battery in the phone and the proper authorization, like said search warrant, has been obtained, that phone's location can be triangulated to within a very short distance (12-15 feet if I can recall.)

So if that was able to be done 18 years ago, why exactly did MPD not find Jennifer? Because they never bothered to even ask for a warrant. They had more than enough evidence to compel a judge for a warrant. There is literally no way a judge could have deemed it unnecessary. They didn't do their job and now a family and an entire community will pay for it as they grieve. And for that reason, I am positively incensed with MPD.

Lastly, I honestly have no idea if a private investigator has the authority to compel a judge to sign a search warrant or not. Whatever the case, hat tip to the PI and searchers for finding Jennifer. May they, the family and the community all find a small bit of peace that at least Jennifer has been found, and that now the real search for answers can begin.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thank you for an outstanding and informative post. Much appreciated! This information will probably help us in many other cases on here now and in the future, in terms of understanding that phones can ping even when off. Great info!

I don't know why, but I am still skeptical of this story of her committing suicide. This is really bothering me. It just seems so quick and clean of an answer......

The family stated they would say more about what was found in the vehicle after the funeral, but all who were at the scene said it looked like a suicide. I would really like to know what happened in the 12 hours.

My apologies if this has already been posted:

“WINSTON COUNTY, Ala. - After her body was located, it was an emotional time for just about everyone searching for Jennifer White on Sunday. Within 30 minutes of the community-wide search through the forest, her family received some of the most important answers they'd been searching for: her body was found inside her missing car.

‘It was a relief for one,’ said Dawn Hendricks, the family's private investigator who spearheaded the search. ‘Sadness too, but we did it. We did it. The community did it.’

[SBM]

‘When everybody works together, you can see what the result can be,’ said Hendricks.

Hendricks had been working with the family over the past month. This week she said they finally decided to organize their own search because they were tired of waiting. They decided to take it into their own hands.

‘I was saying, I need to get out there. I need to get out there, but my vehicle isn't going to get me where I need to be. I need Jeeps,’ she explained.

Hendricks said she made a call to the North Alabama Jeep Association to get the vehicles she needed. Once word spread, more than 40 people showed up to an area gas station to help.

Their expertise led the way: ‘They knew all the areas and knew when I asked about certain areas they already knew how to get me to those positions,’ Hendricks remarked.

Hendricks explained that the goal was to start small. She instructed the group to look for a cell phone or maybe even a watch belonging to White

‘I gave strict orders to everybody, if something's found, please don't touch it,’ said Hendricks. ‘Make sure that you call me first, and then I'll get there and confirm.’

At around 12:30 p.m., the call came in that something was found.

‘They thought it was the vehicle. They stayed back away from it and waited for me to get there and verify that it was the vehicle that had been missing and of course found her inside,’ said Hendricks.

Exactly four weeks after White went missing her family is finally able to receive some form of closure. Hendricks said this search is proof of what a community can do when they come together.” (BBM)
http://whnt.com/2018/05/06/how-the-...e56&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Kudos to Investigator Hendricks. What a true professional. She isn’t looking for praise or recognition. All she cares about is to get the job done. How refreshing.

ETA 1: Jennifer’s daughters said she didn’t normally drive the Tahoe. I don’t believe it has been said what kind of car she usually drove. If this was a suicide, perhaps she knew exactly where she was going and knew she needed the Tahoe due to the terrain.

ETA 2: 2007 Tahoe is available in both front-wheel and four-wheel drive configurations:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Tahoe

All MOO

My question is why was it first reported that her vehicle was found in a ravine? And was this area previously searched?

My question is why was it first reported that her vehicle was found in a ravine? And was this area previously searched?

Crashed in a ravine, even. And then it turns out it was neither. What the ???

Interesting that the PI instructed searchers to look for Jennifer's items, like a watch or her phone. I'm wondering what was behind that strategy? Would that mean the PI was thinking "someone" had discarded those items along a route? Just trying to see the situation from the PI's viewpoint.

The family stated they would say more about what was found in the vehicle after the funeral, but all who were at the scene said it looked like a suicide. I would really like to know what happened in the 12 hours.

In regards to the 12 hours, maybe she was driving around, and/or parked somewhere. Trying to “work up the nerve” (I do not mean that in a crass or offensive way at all so I really hope it doesn’t come off like that).

Lousy reporting? It was in the National Forest which is on Federal Land so would have or should have been searched by Forest Rangers.

So here's the thing about pings, the only way to get ALL of the true pings for a phone is with a search warrant. It has been that way since E911 was implemented 18 years ago or so (for anyone who remembers bag phones, those went away because it was mandated that all wireless phones in the US be E911/GPS911 compatible.)

The thing with a true ping is that it can be done whether the phone is on or off. As long as there is a battery in the phone and the proper authorization, like said search warrant, has been obtained, that phone's location can be triangulated to within a very short distance (12-15 feet if I can recall.)

(RSBM) Thanks so much for this.

I hear my local emergency dispatch state they've pinged a cell phone around here pretty frequently, for instance when they've received a hangup call and get no answer on callback. Then they'll tell the officer taking the call that the coordinates are "within a confidence of 18-30" (for example, not real numbers) and give them the address(es) closest to that location within that range. So I wonder if you even have to have a warrant, in certain situations?

I don't know why, but I am still skeptical of this story of her committing suicide. This is really bothering me. It just seems so quick and clean of an answer......
I have been thinking from the very beginning that this was going to APPEAR to be a suicide. I am worried that it will be ruled a suicide and that will be the end of it. IMO everything and everyONE needs to be thoroughly investigated regardless. Will that happen... I hope so. Can a family insist on a complete investigation even if a death is ruled as a suicide by a ME? I have no experience or knowledge about such things...

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nobsnurse99
Back