Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the locals—
Were they raising 4 of her grandkids?

Moulton is a small town and I can’t imagine her husband having a ‘political career’ as a councilman, as some keep referencing here. That is no where near a full time job is it? In small towns near me, those elected positions are minimal and require very little time, and don’t carry ‘political’ clout.

Thanks for answering.

I do agree that it is a very part time job with minimal requirements, but I’m going to have to disagree on the “political clout”. It’s obvious that he has some power somewhere in that city.

DMS how about also bashing dear hubby who seems more concerned about his rep than finding his wife,

With all due respect you're coming very close to victim blaming. Yes the daughters are very much victims here IMO
Oh for corn's sake.

JMW's daughters need to get out of their own way. If you put aside, for a moment, the fact that it was out of line for the MPD to post what they did, and just read it, the FB post is not an "attack," at least not on Jennifer.

For one thing, no one called JMW bipolar. If I'm not mistaken, the post said she was on medication that could potentially cause "new or worsening bipolar illness" -- which I took to mean that her meds could have begun to cause her some real trouble and that it's all the more crucial that she be found quickly. The daughter(s) apparently interpreted this as "calling their mother bipolar" -- not, correct me if I'm wrong, a character flaw -- and an "attack on her mental state."

That doesn't even make sense. Her mental state is probably pretty bad, yes. The woman has an intense job, a less than ideal marriage, and now we know she also is spending a lot of time caring for, if not actually housing, four children on top of that AND her known health issues. My "mental state" would be horrendous. I suppose the daughter may have actually meant "attack on her mental health", which it isn't. The post says Jennifer is on medications for her physical issues which may affect her mental health. Which is quite literally true and IMO, extremely relevant to the search for her.

As for being an "attack on her character," JMW frankly began to look like a rockstar to me when I read the part about the kids. The posts lists a number of ways she's busted her butt taking care of her family. That's an attack on her character?? Hardly. The shade thrown at Beth about the multiple fathers, etc. could certainly have been construed as an attack on her character. Not on her mother's. Which is a fight that can surely wait until after this case is resolved.

I got a slightly clearer picture of how hard JMW has been working, how lousy she probably feels both due to medical issues and prescription side-effects, how impressively strong a person she actually is, and how important it is to FIND HER ASAP. The daughters, meanwhile, are busy giving interviews about how somebody called Mama bipolar and it's in bad taste to bring up the children. I want to just shake them.

All my extremely-frustrated opinion, of course.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Why would a worker bee take it upon themselves to write something like that?

To cozy up to a superior? Or perhaps on orders from someone else who could then later say "oh that guy wrote it"

Maybe Jennifer did commit suicide. But the fact that it appears that Brent has local le in his pocket, and he has gone out of his way to make Jennifer look bad....well it scares me.

I have to ask because this is really beginning to disturb me: Do some of you actually believe that it reflects badly on someone that they may have mental difficulties?

To cozy up to a superior? Or perhaps on orders from someone else who could then later say "oh that guy wrote it"

I have to ask because this is really beginning to disturb me: Do some of you actually believe that it reflects badly on someone that they may have mental difficulties?

Do we know FOR A FACT she has mental issues?

With all due respect you're coming very close to victim blaming. Yes the daughters are very much victims here IMO

With equal respect, there's victim blaming and then there's expressing frustration with how said victims are possibly inadvertently muddying the waters around an investigation.

On Friday, the Moulton Police Department released new information on Facebook. They said, among other things, White sent suicidal text messages to her family the night she left, there is no evidence of foul play, she is bipolar, was on several medications, was "believing things that are not true," and was strained from raising four children

http://m.waff.com/story/38116628/moulton-pd-facebook-page-disappears-following-post-on-missing-woman

Have you read the original post? WAFF's assertion that something was said still doesn't make it true.

On Friday, the Moulton Police Department released new information on Facebook. They said, among other things, White sent suicidal text messages to her family the night she left, there is no evidence of foul play, she is bipolar, was on several medications, was "believing things that are not true," and was strained from raising four children

http://m.waff.com/story/38116628/moulton-pd-facebook-page-disappears-following-post-on-missing-woman
Ugh. You are taking a reporter's interpretation or what the reporter was told by the daughters. Read the actual post - one of the tv stations has it in full. Nowhere in it is there a claim made that Jennifer was bi-polar. Not once.

With equal respect, there's victim blaming and then there's expressing frustration with how said victims are possibly inadvertently muddying the waters around an investigation.
I'm not going to bash grieving daughters.I will bash LE who is supposed to be professional.

No. I believe it reflects badly on someone that he refers to his wife's "disappearance" in scare quotes, uses his obvious authority in a small town's government to apparently obstruct the investigation into finding her, and uses the local police department to propagate information about the case which may or may not even be true.
Among other things.

How people in the thread might be reacting to mental illness seems way off-topic, I dunno.

How people in the thread might be reacting to mental illness seems way off-topic, I dunno.

Maybe. My bigger question is really about to what extent people in general, inside the thread and out, are taking the possibility of JMW having any sort of mental issue to mean that there is some problem with her character.

I'm not going to bash grieving daughters.I will bash LE who is supposed to be professional.
Good. Neither am I. If what I said above was "bashing" then maybe we need to look back at several days of posts which veer dangerously close to "bashing" the husband and stepsons. They are also victims, until we're told otherwise.

Maybe. My bigger question is really about to what extent people in general, inside the thread and out, are taking the possibility of JMW having any sort of mental issue to mean that there is some problem with her character.
The biggest thing now is finding JW and what happened to her.Her children deserve the truth but sadly LE in this case clearly has issues and another department needs to be involved.

uses his obvious authority in a small town's government to apparently obstruct the investigation into finding her

I would not mind seeing some documentation on this statement, por favor.

They sure don't seem too be too broken up by the situation. JMO
Good. Neither am I. If what I said above was "bashing" then maybe we need to look back at several days of posts which veer dangerously close to "bashing" the husband and stepsons. They are also victims, until we're told otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ugh. You are taking a reporter's interpretation or what the reporter was told by the daughters. Read the actual post - one of the tv stations has it in full. Nowhere in it is there a claim made that Jennifer was bi-polar. Not once.

Awwww, gotcha now. I did miss that portion. My bad!

I look down on mental illnesses no more than I would look down on someone with cancer, diabetes or any other uncontrollable diseases they have not chosen. It should not be a stigma or an assault on character. I agree with you that other than a side effect that is listed said can worsen bipolar, doesn’t mean she was bipolar as many medications are prescribed for off label use!

Edited as I used speech to text and apparently sound like a hillbilly lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll answer the question. No I don't. But It appears to me that Law Enforcement and some close to the case feel that THIS happened.... and THAT is WHY... and CASE OVER. That is what that Victim bashing post said to ME. THAT is why I am so angry. For WHATEVER reason JMW "disappeared" I believe she deserves to be found, sooner rather than later. Because a family also deserves closure and ALL the facts. Everyday she is not found means possible evidence lost. DONE RANT OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000