Found Deceased AL - Jeremiah, 29, & Jacob Sanders, 24, Lauderdale County, 2 March 2016

Hopefully they'll find Jeremiah today so that their family & friends can be at peace.

RIP Jacob :rose:

There have been a lot of boating accidents lately where apparently the people involved weren't wearing a life jacket. I understand completely the hesitation to wear one all the time, because I have a boat myself. They can be hot, bulky, and uncomfortable to move around in, especially while trying to cast a rod and reel. I understand the argument for taking them off in the boat. That said, anytime one of these sudden storms moves in, the water gets choppy, or there is a high wind blowing across the water.....get the vest on ! The vest will at least keep your head above the water, regardless of what else happens.

If these two brothers had been wearing a vest, they'd probably be alive today.

Another article. so sad.

http://www.shoalsinsider.com/shoals...-that-of-velcro-pygmies-bassist-jake-sanders/

PRIDES LANDING-(SHOALS INSIDER)- Authorities tell the Shoals Insider they believe the body recovered this morning from the Tennessee River is that of Velcro Pygmie Bassist Jacob Sanders.
Colbert County Sheriff Frank Williamson and Colbert County Coroner Carlton Utley tell the Insider the body had markings, tatooes, and earring gages consistant with those worn by Jake Sanders of the Velcro Pygmies.
“The body is being transported to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences in Huntsville for positive identification,” said Utley.
A local fisherman stumpled upon the body floating in the water this morning and called police.
The brothers, Jake, 24, and Jim Sanders, 29, were reported missing on March 2, after they didnt return from a fishing trip.
Several agencies have been involved in the search for the two brothers.
Authorities and rescue crews will continue to search for the older brother, Jeremiah “Jim” Sanders, Ricatoni’s General Manager.
***Our thoughts and prayers are with the Sanders family and the whole Velcro Pygmie Family.***
Shoals Insider – Keeping You Informed

That said, anytime one of these sudden storms moves in, the water gets choppy, or there is a high wind blowing across the water.....get the vest on ! The vest will at least keep your head above the water, regardless of what else happens. If these two brothers had been wearing a vest, they'd probably be alive today.

Totally agree! I'm told that they are experienced fisherman as well, (esp Jeremiah), so this makes it sadder still. They knew better. :sheesh:

I hadn't checked in on this for a while 😢 Fly high Jeremiah and Jacob.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back