AL - Karen Shahan, 53, murdered, Homewood, 23 July 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was suppose to be beginning his new missionary job, that includes preaching sometimes especially if they know you're a pastor, they almost always ask you to preach when you are there. I know they do not celebrate Christmas till later in the year and on thing R told the church he was looking forward to was telling the true meaning if Christmas again to children.

A link from the Alabama Baptist on December 19.

http://www.thealabamabaptist.org/print-edition-article-detail.php?id_art=30199

A quote from it: "Shahan will serve in Frankfurt, Germany, with Bible Mission International (BMI) beginning in January 2014."

and... I wonder when his airline ticket was purchased?

I think it must have been prior to the 31st.

A quote: "The affidavit notes that Shahan booked a flight from Nashville to Frankfurt Germany."

http://www.abc27.com/story/24346354/pastor-richard-shahan-arrested-in-nashville

He would have had to travel the first week of January to be there for Orthodox Christmas on January 7. IMHO, evidence that he found out about the affadavit would be if he changed the he dates of travel for his previously purchased ticket.

What really bothers me, though, is the assertion that neither he nor his lawyers knew about the warrant. If that's the case, it seems LE wanted to be able to add that to whatever other evidence/charges they have, which makes me wonder how strong the evidence they have really is.

Interesting information on ANATOMY OF AN ALABAMA PROSECUTION

There is an arraignment (district court-no plea given), then a preliminary hearing (sometimes called probable cause hearing), then if probable cause it goes to a grand jury. If the GJ indicts, then another preliminary hearing -- circuit court (charges/indictment read, plea is entered).

When might it be likely for the court charges to become public? I think this will be the only way we will find out how he committed this murder and the reasons.

Former Homewood pastor Richard Shahan arraigned in Jefferson County on murder charges

Through a closed circuit television in a Jefferson County criminal court, Shahan stood for his initial appearance as the judge read the charges against him. It's an appearance that's been almost six months in the making.

3158902_G.jpg

Not MSM per se, but in the church newsletter linked in this thread. http://fbcbirmingham.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/MAY-NEWSLETTER.pdf

CountryGirl thanks for the continued updates. I am trying to patiently wait for more details on the murder before I say anything more. I just wish LE would hurry up. lol

One question, since the murder of Karen happened in Homewood and RS is in the Jefferson County jail, with whom does the murder jurisdiction fall under?

Hmm....1012 posts....perhaps we could use a new thread before more action starts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500