AL AL - Sherry Marler, 12, Greenville, 6 June 1984

On June 6, 1984, 12-year-old Greenville native Sherry Lynn Marler went into town with her stepfather to run errands. While he went to the bank to sign some papers, he gave her a dollar to buy a soda from a vending machine and told her to meet him back at his truck in 15 minutes. She hasn't been seen since.

"That's when our nightmare started 30 and a half years ago," Marler's mother, Betty Stringfellow, told the Montgomery Advertiser in 2015.
The most notorious unsolved crime in every state

The case of Sherry Lynn Marler is one that has left her family, and everyone else involved wondering what really happened on June 6, 1984, for the last 37 years. Sherry and her step-father were at First National Bank in Greenville, Alabama the day she was abducted. According to her step-father Raymond Stringfellow, he gave Sherry a dollar so that she could go across the street to the Chevron and get a soda. But when he finished at the bank and went outside to meet her by the truck like they had planned, Sherry was nowhere to be found. That day at the bank was the last time Raymond saw his step-daughter, and it would mark the start of a decades long nightmare for he and her mother, Betty Stringfellow.

Sherry Lynn Marler was 12 years old at the time of her disappearance. She was described as a “tomboy” by family and friends, and often called “Little Farmer” by those that knew her well. As is probably gleaned from her nickname Sherry enjoyed farm work, loved Kenny Rogers, and even knew how to drive a tractor. The day of her disappearance Sherry is said to have been wearing a red long-sleeved plaid flannel shirt, a pair of faded jeans, grey velcro tennis shoes, and a watch with a black band. She had brown eyes and brown hair that was slightly longer than shoulder length. Since her disappearance, age progressions have been done to show what Sherry would look like now.
Missing Persons Case: Sherry Lynn Marler

It probably means nothing, but I dispute what was said about drink machines not giving change back in 1984. I remember as far back as the early 60s and they have always gave change.

Stringfellow said he parked his red pickup truck behind a furniture store. Before heading to the bank, he gave Sherry money for a soft drink, he recalled, and that was the last he saw of the heavy-set dark-haired girt. No one is sure what happened after that "No one can even say they saw her in town that day." said Butler County Sheriff Parker Worthington.
The Montgomery Advertiser from Montgomery, Alabama on April 22, 1986 · 11
This is inconsistent, this is the only place where the stepfather said he parked behind a furniture store, and walked over to the bank...

I've been following Sherry Marler Still Missing FB for a while, now...Has anyone ever went back on her FB timeline? Anybody seen the pics of Sherri laying down on what appears to be a hospital bed? With another young girl standing beside the bed? Sherry looks pregnant in the pic, imo. Sherry's family says the pic was taken after she went missing...and not taken at the home. Honestly makes me think of maybe a cult...

I've been following Sherry Marler Still Missing FB for a while, now...Has anyone ever went back on her FB timeline? Anybody seen the pics of Sherri laying down on what appears to be a hospital bed? With another young girl standing beside the bed? Sherry looks pregnant in the pic, imo. Sherry's family says the pic was taken after she went missing...and not taken at the home. Honestly makes me think of maybe a cult...

This picture? Facebook
How did they get the picture if it was after the abduction? The person who runs that FB post says it was done by a family member? I also read something about the step-sister's husband? Finally, I read that someone accused a man named "Nelson" I found his obituary but that was about it. Seems like there were several suspects.

Thanks! I missed that some how - is there more information about the trailer? Location? Did the police investigate? DNA? Who did/does it belong to, etc?

Thanks! I missed that some how - is there more information about the trailer? Location? Did the police investigate? DNA? Who did/does it belong to, etc?
Located in Tetters? If I recall correctly..In a abandoned mobile home. It's actually a lot of hearsay from close relatives.I'll try and find the post and link, there's a huge back-story, and; I think potential book? If I recall they have Sherry's D.N.A. on file, at least I Hope they do..

Does anyone know if there is a way to post a map of Greenville? In 1984? (If that's the correct date that Sherry went missing) There are some disparities in the timeline in which Sherry went missing as far as different locations in town.

Here is a little more information about the picture. A lady claims she is in the picture with Sherry prior to her disappearance:

Facebook

"For some reason I am not getting notifications from this group anymore. I had wondered why nothing more was mentioned. I am positive that is me in the picture. My father took me to see Sherry because she was sick. I was looking at my father and I think raymond was taking the picture. It was at sherry's house. I would love to see some yearbook pictures if anyone has them. My family was poor so we couldnt afford to buy them or school pictures. I always looked older than I was. I was always one of the tallest ones in my class. I wish that sherry's remains could be found for closure. I'm sorry that Larry hurt so bad every day because he wanted to know what happened to his sister. I never thought that sherry just ran away like some people thought at the time. I didnt know that she was pregnant at the time of her disappearance either. Is it that I blocked it out or just that sherry didnt tell me? I dont know. I DO know that it was very hard on me when she disappeared. She was a sweet, shy girl that was a good friend of mine."

Here is a little more information about the picture. A lady claims she is in the picture with Sherry prior to her disappearance:

Facebook

"For some reason I am not getting notifications from this group anymore. I had wondered why nothing more was mentioned. I am positive that is me in the picture. My father took me to see Sherry because she was sick. I was looking at my father and I think raymond was taking the picture. It was at sherry's house. I would love to see some yearbook pictures if anyone has them. My family was poor so we couldnt afford to buy them or school pictures. I always looked older than I was. I was always one of the tallest ones in my class. I wish that sherry's remains could be found for closure. I'm sorry that Larry hurt so bad every day because he wanted to know what happened to his sister. I never thought that sherry just ran away like some people thought at the time. I didnt know that she was pregnant at the time of her disappearance either. Is it that I blocked it out or just that sherry didnt tell me? I dont know. I DO know that it was very hard on me when she disappeared. She was a sweet, shy girl that was a good friend of mine."
Yes...That is all very creepy, and if true...imo, it was a pedophilia ring. Very sad.

This case still absolutely gets me....imo, in the picture above that little girl is posing..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back