Identified! AL - Talladega, White Male, 20s, March 2007 - Andrew Freeman

Ok--Continuing with the thought of him being a runner, I researched marathons in Alabama. The last run before he was killed was Jan 14th in Mobile, AL, so that probably would not work, as there is no accounting for the time between the race and when he was killed. Since he did have a Houston Texans sweatshirt on, though, I decided to check Texas races as well. The last two before he was found were Feb 17th in Austin, Tx, and Feb 24th in Ft. Worth, Texas. Is there any chance he was from Texas but was taken to AL and killed?

Oh, and by the way, I also liked at Nascar racing stuff, since Talledaga is so close. There was something going on at Talledaga the weekend he was killed. People had to redeem their "Talledaga Track Ride vouchers" either Feb 17th or Feb 24th. Maybe he was a NASCAR fan and was in town for that, went out for a run, and got shot. Since they found no wallet, etc he either did not carry it since he was jogging, or it was stolen from him before he was shot.
JMO

yeah i find it odd that he was all decked out in running gear...reebok shirt, pants, and head band...

I wonder if he was wearing the head band due to the surgery (otoplasty) he had?

This came off a website about otoplasty and what to do after the surgery:

<snip>

Within a few days, the big dressing will be changed. You will need a broad headband that covers the ears gently. This dressing is especially important at night to protect the ear repairs. Sutures if not dissolvable are usually removed in about one week. We will instruct when you be able to wash your hair, in most cases this will be possible once the formal ear dressings are no longer needed. You may need some help to minimize trauma to the ears. You will have to be careful of hot hair blow dryers and protect any possible numb areas from getting burned.

Source: http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/otoplasty_after.html

</snip>

This also makes me wonder if the outfit he was wearing (running gear) was used by him to make the head band fit in. It seems to me that since he had the otoplasty he was very self conscious.

ETA: The website also states that vigorous activities are not good for at least a week after the surgery.

yeah i find it odd that he was all decked out in running gear...reebok shirt, pants, and head band...

i told them about it. doesn't hurt, that's for sure. Poor guy was blindfolded and shot. I hope that by finding out who he is, they can find the killer(s).

Does anybody think it would be worth it to email doctors on the web who do otoplasty surgery asking if unidentified male in Talladega County, Alabama could have been their patient?

Does anybody think it would be worth it to email doctors on the web who do otoplasty surgery asking if unidentified male in Talladega County, Alabama could have been their patient?

it certainly wouldn't harm anything if you did that, either they would be receptive in wanting to assist or they would simply ignore your email on the basis of physician/patient privacy act. go for it. someone might want to help.

Body found last month identified as Texas man

By David Mackey
03-31-2007

TALLADEGA COUNTY — A man found shot dead in Talladega County last month has been identified as Andrew Charles Freeman, 23, a fugitive from Tyler, Texas.
Lt. Mike Hubbard, chief investigator for the Talladega County Sheriff’s Department, said authorities received a tip Tuesday from a woman who recognized the dead man as a friend who had been missing for several weeks.
Freeman was found dead in a wooded area off Glover’s Ferry Road in west Talladega County Feb. 25, with gunshot wounds to the head and back. He had no identification with him. Investigators spent weeks using clues from an autopsy and combing missing person files with no success. They have now learned Freeman had traveled to Birmingham to stay with friends, but an associate in Texas became worried when she was unable to reach him for several weeks. She then traveled to Birmingham and began searching local media outlets in the area for any word on Freeman.

Freeman was wanted in Texas on charges of aggravated kidnapping since 2005, Officer Don Martin of the Tyler Police Department said in a press release. Tyler is a city of about 100,000 in east Texas. Freeman was identified as one of two suspects in a Feb. 26, 2005, incident in which two men invaded an apartment and beat a man with a baseball bat and golf club, claiming he owed them money. The victim convinced the assailants to take him to his workplace, where he called police. One suspect, Robert Adkinson, 21, of Tyler, was arrested there, but the other, allegedly Freeman, fled and had not been located.

More at link: http://www.dailyhome.com/news/2007/dh-talladegacounty-0331-dmackey-7c30u2324.htm

Body Identified as Fugitive; Andrew Charles Freeman
Body found last month identified as Texas man

By David Mackey
03-31-2007

TALLADEGA COUNTY — A man found shot dead in Talladega County last month has been identified as Andrew Charles Freeman, 23, a fugitive from Tyler, Texas.
Lt. Mike Hubbard, chief investigator for the Talladega County Sheriff’s Department, said authorities received a tip Tuesday from a woman who recognized the dead man as a friend who had been missing for several weeks.
Freeman was found dead in a wooded area off Glover’s Ferry Road in west Talladega County Feb. 25, with gunshot wounds to the head and back. He had no identification with him. Investigators spent weeks using clues from an autopsy and combing missing person files with no success. They have now learned Freeman had traveled to Birmingham to stay with friends, but an associate in Texas became worried when she was unable to reach him for several weeks. She then traveled to Birmingham and began searching local media outlets in the area for any word on Freeman.

Freeman was wanted in Texas on charges of aggravated kidnapping since 2005, Officer Don Martin of the Tyler Police Department said in a press release. Tyler is a city of about 100,000 in east Texas. Freeman was identified as one of two suspects in a Feb. 26, 2005, incident in which two men invaded an apartment and beat a man with a baseball bat and golf club, claiming he owed them money. The victim convinced the assailants to take him to his workplace, where he called police. One suspect, Robert Adkinson, 21, of Tyler, was arrested there, but the other, allegedly Freeman, fled and had not been located.

More at link: http://www.dailyhome.com/news/2007/d...-7c30u2324.htm
progress.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant