AL AL - Theresa Benn, 42, Talladega, 19 Oct 2014

Thanks for keeping us updated perfectpink. This case is fairly local and I had my suspicions on the possible perp from the beginning.

Theresa Benn memorialized months after death
Published: May 31, 2015, 6:21 pm

snipped
Saturday brought one small step toward closure for a family still searching for their loved one’s killer.

Those who loved Theresa Benn have been grieving her death for seven months, but during a memorial held Saturday, it was a time to celebrate her life.

Through tearful hugs, words of encouragement and the eulogy Benn’s Sister, Tonya Sellers waited months to deliver, the mother of three was finally laid to rest.

Bumping for Theresa. Hoping and praying there will be Justice For Theresa.

From October:

http://wiat.com/2015/10/22/one-year-later-family-police-still-searching-for-theresa-benns-killer/

On the one-year anniversary of her disappearance, Benn’s family is searching for renewed hope in catching her killer...

While the case seems to have gone cold — Lincoln Police still have not named any suspects or persons of interest — the family is still encouraged by investigators’ commitment.

“They promised they’re not going to stop until this case is solved, and I truly believe that,” Sellers said.

It is my understanding that LE knows what happened... and are having difficulty or are in the process of still trying to build the case. That is my understanding as of 9 months ago. I have not had any contact with anyone from the area or with knowledge about the case in some time. That may have changed and I would not know. 2+2 = 4 , but you need a pencil to answer it correctly. Just my opinion as always. Please note that I am not LE.

It is my understanding that LE knows what happened... and are having difficulty or are in the process of still trying to build the case. That is my understanding as of 9 months ago. I have not had any contact with anyone from the area or with knowledge about the case in some time. That may have changed and I would not know. 2+2 = 4 , but you need a pencil to answer it correctly. Just my opinion as always. Please note that I am not LE.
Thank you for the info!! I cannot remember but does anyone know if any DNA was found at the crime scene?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I didn't hear specifically about DNA, but given the amount of time that passed until her body was discovered... and given the location and water factor... my guess would be no. Also, to be honest, the most likely suspect admitted to being with her the night she disappeared. They were married. If his DNA were found, it wouldn't add much to bolster a case against him. My opinion.

Did they release the cause of death to the public or family? I know it was ruled homicide.

Have not heard that.... Knew theresa in my younger years very sweet girl

Its very frustrating no one has been brought to justice... One dAy karma will prevail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back