FL Alachua County/Gainesville Unsolved Case Documentation Project

microlex

Reaction score
I'm currently organizing spreadsheets and maps dedicated to documenting cases of unsolved homicides/missing persons/found unidentified persons in the Alachua County and Gainesville area (North Central Florida, US). I actually started this side project a year ago but, unfortunately, progress was hindered by education/work events. Now that the world seems to have been somewhat forced into limbo, I feel that it is a good time to try to finish it. I have linked (view only) the Google Sheets workbook and Google MyMaps map of case info per location, below. This work may or may not expand to other cases outside of the Alachua County area. I have a passion for data, its organization, annotation, accuracy/representativeness, and accessibility. This is reflected in my education (bachelors and masters degrees, currently pursuing further education) and vocational specializations. Case data is notoriously messy, mismatched, unsearchable/inaccessible, incomplete, displaced, and/or, most unfortunately, inaccurate/incorrect. I hope to try to mitigate this for, at least, a subset of cases. Frameworks of easily translatable and shareable organization, data review, validation and annotation are notably absent in this field of work. I also hope to design/generate a system or framework of case data evaluation/organization so that, in the future, I could more efficiently involve others in this kind of work. Naturally, and as is common in this field of data, the security and ethical fortitude of individuals working on this kind of information and how one goes about evaluating these individuals are of great concern; these are certainly things I will be thinking about, as well. I welcome any thoughts, comments/questions, or recommendations, especially from those experienced in this line of work.
Case Reference workbook
Google MyMaps Map of Cases

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member