All Texas Equusearch-Related Filings #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
<chuckles> As an aside.. but still on topic..

Does anyone else have a mental image about how these mass phone calls are being conducted?

I picture a room... full of tables, chairs and phones.. with a team of telemarketers (aka JB's assistants) holding the phone between shoulder and ear.. absentmindedly asking questions as they are trying to busily jot down answers one handed, all the while keeping a finger of the opposite hand on the next person's name to call.. so that they don't lose their place on the page, as they keep worriedly check the clock to make sure they can complete their quota of calls in time.

YAAAAAAAY JB..WAY TO GO ON A THOROUGH WELL-THOUGHT OUT REVIEW OF THE TES RECORDS!!!!! wow.. and it only took almost two years to come up with this plan! AMAZING DEFENSE TACTICS!!!!!

wild

Granny L, maybe you were my team leader....LOL....i just got my phone call.....a few simple questions.....same thing.....I just told them that they would have to ask my team leader, as I hadn't a clue as to where I searched.....I am not from that area....I just loaded up and headed out! then they wanted to know my team leaders name......I could not remember it.....I should have said "why, that would be GRANNY L" lol.....they may call back with more questions for me......

So I am curious....for no particular reason than just being nosy....

When you received your call, did you get the impression you were speaking with Baez or Mason......or some "Rent a Telemarketer"?

Granny L, maybe you were my team leader....LOL....i just got my phone call.....a few simple questions.....same thing.....I just told them that they would have to ask my team leader, as I hadn't a clue as to where I searched.....I am not from that area....I just loaded up and headed out! then they wanted to know my team leaders name......I could not remember it.....I should have said "why, that would be GRANNY L" lol.....they may call back with more questions for me......

Don't do that I don't want them calling me! LOL!! I think I may have been your team leader on the Somer Thompson search!

The name of your TL should be on the top of the page so they already know. Sure they were just trying to see if you would say anything.

So I am curious....for no particular reason than just being nosy....

When you received your call, did you get the impression you were speaking with Baez or Mason......or some "Rent a Telemarketer"?

I'm not camcneishg but will tell you about another searcher who got a call. She answered and the person said "did you search for Caylee Anthony and did you search on Suburban Drive?" She asked "who is this? " as the person did not ID themselves up front. Her answer was "I'm with Chaney Mason Law Firm". She had no idea the call was coming (hadn't hear the news) and told her she "had no idea where she searched didn't know anything that would help them" and hung up! She was very upset the way they just started asking her questions. So not sure if she was RaT or employee of Chaney's.

I didn't feel that worried this afternoon, now after reading some post from page 46 on a few on this thread I don't feel so good now. Not that I have anything that is good for them just being in this situation at all. I want justice for Caylee so what ever comes fine.

I never got any call warning me a call could come and I am certainly not in the 32 people specific to the actual burial spot. I had no idea of the scripted things and all that is involved with these calls. I would have fainted if I knew all that and then they call. I was just sure ask away.

Oh I got the call around 2pm in the afternoon and it lasted about 2-3 minutes.

Did you say YES you searched Suburban?? If you did say yes...what else did you say? I would be getting an attorney if you said yes....and I wouldn't talk to them again without a subpoena and an attorney

the guy that called me stated his name upfront....said he was calling about the search that took place with the Caylee Anthony case....said he was there with members of TES and the Defense team, and wanted to ask a few questions......

Don't do that I don't want them calling me! LOL!! I think I may have been your team leader on the Somer Thompson search!

The name of your TL should be on the top of the page so they already know. Sure they were just trying to see if you would say anything.
Granny, I don't think they were looking at the "team" pages, but the individual apps that you fill out upon arrival....kwim.....gotta scoot off to work now, will return later tonight.....

Casey Anthony's defense attorneys say they have new witnesses who may have searched the area where Caylee's remains were eventually found. They say it could prove someone other than Casey killed Caylee.

They're sorting through thousands of pages of documents belonging to the search group Texas EquuSearch.

"In about 2.5 hours, we discovered over 50 new witnesses who all the records said had not been on Suburban Drive. [And they] have just told us over the phone that they were," said Cheney Mason, Anthony attorney.

One of those witnesses could be key to proving the defense’s theory that Caylee's body was dumped a quarter of a mile from her home after her mother was arrested -- meaning someone else killed the toddler.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to bump up this post because I can really sense the worry in FlaMom's voice. As somebody else said above, you told the TRUTH so I wouldn't say there is anything for you to worry about, I think even if Defense did press this, it would fall flat anyway, but I wanted to bump this in case somebody more knowledgeable missed it, and whether there is true cause for FlaMom's concern, or if somebody could help put her mind at ease. From me personally, FlaMom, you stand up straight my darling, chin up, head high, because you have done something to be proud of :applause:, not something that you need to be afraid of. Don't waiver in your courage, you have done nothing wrong.

I think she should get an attorney and not speak to anyone without an attorney....Kronk told the truth too and look what happened to him....:twocents: look what has happened to anyone who spoke up and told the truth....flamom..get an attorney and speak to no one

I'm not camcneishg but will tell you about another searcher who got a call. She answered and the person said "did you search for Caylee Anthony and did you search on Suburban Drive?" She asked "who is this? " as the person did not ID themselves up front. Her answer was "I'm with Chaney Mason Law Firm". She had no idea the call was coming (hadn't hear the news) and told her she "had no idea where she searched didn't know anything that would help them" and hung up! She was very upset the way they just started asking her questions. So not sure if she was RaT or employee of Chaney's.

How unprofessional not to have identified yourself first. What is wrong with these people. If they don't know the proper procedure to approach people how do we know what they write down is accurate. I guess we will soon find out. jmo

I can say for me when the call came it was a man. Pretty serious sounding and he read the script (at the time I didn't know this or that he was being watched) He never said anything was recorded. Just started with the question. And as I previously said at first I just really heard the words TES, Casey Anthonly, and then defense. I think after hearing TES I thought it was them so I was like sure ask me anything. Then is when my mind kept saying defense, defense, and then it hit me it was THEM!

By the way my questions were answered he said he was allowed to ask more.

After the phone call I looked at my caller ID and there is no evidense of a phone call from them. Like never even happend.

How unprofessional not to have identified yourself first. What is wrong with these people. If they don't know the proper procedure to approach people how do we know what they write down is accurate. I guess we will soon find out. jmo

If it were me and I received the call, I would state that for verification purposes, please provide me with a phone number of where YOU can be reached, and I will call YOU back!!

:dance:

I completely agree with you, although I think more than trying to create reasonable doubt, Baez is trying to save face (especially over the TES issue..) and is posturing to appear as if he is working to defend this case....just in case any future criminals are watching.....

I will not be surprised to see his next media appearances end with....

"JoseBGood.....One Call, That's All" <insert smirk here>

407-705-0000
Oh how this made me laugh!

I think she should get an attorney and not speak to anyone without an attorney....Kronk told the truth too and look what happened to him....:twocents: look what has happened to anyone who spoke up and told the truth....flamom..get an attorney and speak to no one

I appreciate your concern, especially after we have seen what happened to Kronk as well as a few others, and absolutely no disrespect to you, but to avoid creating any paranoia on the part of these TES searchers, I think it is important to take a deep breath and again review the steps of this Review Order (discussed previously in this thread).

Simply being called during this review is not automatically putting any of these volunteers in the position of being a possible witness in the murder trial. It was merely Step One of several steps in the defense attempt at trying to see if they can find a needle in a haystack.

The defense had a precisely worded SCRIPT that they were ORDERED to follow when making these initial calls in regards to whether or not they had searched ON Suburban Drive.....they were NOT allowed to ask followup questions. (see previous posts in this thread). That will come later IF and only IF JUDGE PERRY AUTHORIZES IT ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS!I am afraid that creating unwarranted paranoia is going to be playing right into the "media game" the defense is trying to create.

JMHO

If it were me and I received the call, I would state that for verification purposes, please provide me with a phone number of where YOU can be reached, and I will call YOU back!!

:dance:

OR.....send me a letter as I do not answer personal questions over the phone. You never know who you are talking to these days. jmo

fla*mom, you did the exact right thing ~ "I was just sure ask away." You told the truth. It was the perfect response! Maybe it was a good thing that you didn't know everything in this thread; sometimes it can make you worry too much. . .

Thank you for your generous heart and brave efforts in the search. :blowkiss:
This may be a silly question...but do you think any of those who answered said, "You can take your call and shove it!"?

Does this not look a little desperate on defense's part to be looking for people to say that they could not find the body when they were searching at the school or just in the general area but not that specific spot? How would this prove the Caylee's body was not there when forensics tends to prove she was? Is this it for them, then? This is all they have???? If this is it, the only one who should be worrying is KC. jmo
Funny you should say that. I was wondering all day today when they were going to throw in the towel. They already said they knew the truth way back when...what the heck are they looking for now?

This may be a silly question...but do you think any of those who answered said, "You can take your call and shove it!"?

If they were a lot quicker on the uptake than me! Naw I would have still answered and if fact when he said they may call back now I feel like an idiot but was like "Call back anytime." Dugh how dumb does that sound. Well not that dumb if I don't have anything to help them I guess.

If they were a lot quicker on the uptake than me! Naw I would have still answered and if fact when he said they may call back now I feel like an idiot but was like "Call back anytime." Dugh how dumb does that sound. Well not that dumb if I don't have anything to help them I guess.
You did great!! It's always easier to come up with something AFTER the fact. But, I really am curious what ALL these people said.

OR.....send me a letter as I do not answer personal questions over the phone. You never know who you are talking to these days. jmo
I agree...I wonder why there wasn't a contingency put in place for those who preferred not to answer questions over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JammerSue