All Things Gary Schultz

Gary Schultz had a secret file on Sandusky....link at the bottom of the page.

According to the presentment, Spanier, Curley and Schultz relayed to Baldwin that they had no records relevant to the grand jury subpoena.

“She was specifically assured that they had searched through their emails and physical documents for any Sandusky-related materials,” the presentment reads. “In addition, Athletic Director Curley informed Baldwin that the Athletic Department did not possess any applicable responsive materials.”

But, the investigation revealed that Schultz had a secret file in his Penn State office with notes and other documents about the 1998 and 2001 incidents involving Sandusky.

The administrative assistant for Schultz, Kimberly Belcher, who took the file to Schultz’s house when her boss was arrested. Schultz’s previous assistant, Joan Coble, told the grand jury she was told to never look in the Sandusky file he kept in his bookcase file drawer.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/11/01/3388709/charges-expected-today-for-former.html#storylink=cpy

I watched some of the announcement today and I thought Linda Kelly said Shultz' administrative assistant had made her own copy of the secret Sandusky file and this was turned over to the police.

I watched some of the announcement today and I thought Linda Kelly said Shultz' administrative assistant had made her own copy of the secret Sandusky file and this was turned over to the police.

The report said that she hid the copy from university officials. I'm not certain that she turned it over to the police or if that was voluntary.

The report said that she hid the copy from university officials. I'm not certain that she turned it over to the police or if that was voluntary.

Was she the same assistant that the Freeh report says lied to them twice about there even being a file? Maybe since Freeh disclosed the secret file, this new GJ subpeonad it, or Freeh gave it to the AG since they were exchanging information.

A John Doe is suing Wendell Courtenay's firm among other defendants, alleging the firm assisted in hiding Sandusky's actions. Who is Don Bailey?

"In his complaint, Doe asserts the law firm is liable because it represents Penn State and allegedly assisted in the cover up of other incidents of abuse by Sandusky through “political manipulation and other activities.” He accuses McQuaide Blasko of knowing Sandusky of abusing other children...
Doe, now 22 and a Dauphin County native, was not one of the 10. His suit claims he was living with his grandmother when referred by Edgewater Psychiatric Center in Harrisburg to The Second Mile to participate in its camps where the incident is alleged to have occurred. Doe accuses Sandusky, who is serving a state prison sentence of 30 to 60 years due to his conviction, with briefly touching him inappropriately in a pool.

The suit seeks unspecified compensatory and punitive claiming violations of the man’s due process, right to privacy and free from assault at the hands of state officials. Doe’s attorney, former auditor general Don Bailey, uses the complaint to charge Penn State has succeeded over the years in preventing criminal and civil prosecution of matters of great public concern that were detrimental to the university."

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/12/20/3440578/law-firm-wants-judge-to-dismiss.html

Don Baily, born 7/21/45, Univ of Michigan 67, Duquense Law, 1976, played football in HS, All American in College, 1st Lt, 101 Airborne in Viet Nam, Silver Star, Bronze Star (cluster and "V") Army Commendation ("V"), was the most decorated member of the US House 1978-82. Elected from the old 21st District (Westmoreland Co), in 1978, who defeated Robert Miller (later elected Commissioner and head of the SBA under Reagan c. 1986), by less than 1000 votes. 1980, defeated Dirk Matson (who was a candidate for the BOT last year). Defeated in 1982 after the district was combined with Murtha's 12th, but was a serious candidate at the GOP nominating convention (somebody should check my bio). Elected Auditor General in 1984 against Susan Shanaman and was the only Democrat to win that year. Defeated for reelection in 1988 by Barbara Hafer. Ran in the 1992, but was defeated in the primary. Ran for Governor in 1998, but was defeated in the primary.

Practices law in Harrisburg. Is known as "an equal opportunity suer." Currently facing a 5 year suspension of his law license: http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/3164502-74/bailey-board-disciplinary#axzz2FpTLBK1q

He's about 5'6" and heavy set. Mother is of Serbian ancestry, IIRC.

Here is Wikipedia profile, and you will note that much of it was written by someone called "J. J. in PA."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_A._Bailey#Legal_career_.281989-Present.29

I'd take those comments with substantially more than a grain of salt.

In the early 1980's, he was a rising star, politically, but the star set by 1992. When you lose a Democratic primary to Ivan Itkan (1994), it is time to pack it in.

I'd take those comments with substantially more than a grain of salt.

In the early 1980's, he was a rising star, politically, but the star set by 1992. When you lose a Democratic primary to Ivan Itkan (1994), it is time to pack it in.

That should be 1998.

Don Baily, born 7/21/45, Univ of Michigan 67, Duquense Law, 1976, played football in HS, All American in College, 1st Lt, 101 Airborne in Viet Nam, Silver Star, Bronze Star (cluster and "V") Army Commendation ("V"), was the most decorated member of the US House 1978-82. Elected from the old 21st District (Westmoreland Co), in 1978, who defeated Robert Miller (later elected Commissioner and head of the SBA under Reagan c. 1986), by less than 1000 votes. 1980, defeated Dirk Matson (who was a candidate for the BOT last year). Defeated in 1982 after the district was combined with Murtha's 12th, but was a serious candidate at the GOP nominating convention (somebody should check my bio). Elected Auditor General in 1984 against Susan Shanaman and was the only Democrat to win that year. Defeated for reelection in 1988 by Barbara Hafer. Ran in the 1992, but was defeated in the primary. Ran for Governor in 1998, but was defeated in the primary.

Practices law in Harrisburg. Is known as "an equal opportunity suer." Currently facing a 5 year suspension of his law license: http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/3164502-74/bailey-board-disciplinary#axzz2FpTLBK1q

He's about 5'6" and heavy set. Mother is of Serbian ancestry, IIRC.

Here is Wikipedia profile, and you will note that much of it was written by someone called "J. J. in PA."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_A._Bailey#Legal_career_.281989-Present.29

Why would anyone retain an attorney who will in all likelihood be barred from practicing for five years?

Why would anyone retain an attorney who will in all likelihood be barred from practicing for five years?

Bailey had a good client record and the hearing wasn't until the Fall of this year. Also, very few people Google their attorney first.

Last year they said Curley had lung cancer. That's often about a six month life expectancy. If they drag this out long enough he'll die and then everything can be blamed on him.

Last year they said Curley had lung cancer. That's often about a six month life expectancy. If they drag this out long enough he'll die and then everything can be blamed on him.

I would question that mortality rate, at least in Curley's case. He was first treated in 2010, if not late 2009. http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/01/penn_state_official_vowing_to.html

This was a re-occurrence and he has been alive for about 16 months since the second diagnosis.

Further, his absence would only impact Paterno's role. The e-mails are damning for Schultz and Spanier. They involve Paterno, but don't state his position on if DPW should be informed. I would not expect Curley to testify, unless he's flipped by the AG.

Someone on another board who claims to know Curley's daughter says Curley is in remission and doing well. Of course, I don't know if this person really knows Curley's daughter for a fact, so take it with a grain of salt.

I know in most criminal trials that the accused usually does not testify. Is it any different in perjury trials, where so much hinges on what the accused believed to be the truth at the time of the alleged perjury?

I probably generalized too much about lung cancer, I was thinking of people who developed it after breast cancer spread, which is probably a different process altogther.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back