All things Joe Paterno

I can't believe sports fans are so crazy they're willing to promote a man who knowingly allowed children to be molested on the premises by an employee for decades.

Can't they just continue to enjoy the school's sports teams all on their own? Celebrate the new coaches. Celebrate the students and players. Why obsess over a corrupt old coach?

Betty P - to me, being an alumnus, or current student, just means they were or are being educated at that school/college/university, it does not mean they are smart.

Penn State Doesn't Get To Decide Joepa's Legacy

Leaders of men do not deserve to be commemorated if they cannot protect children. Taking the good parts of a man’s life and celebrating them – paying homage for all the character-building he did for his players – disrespects and demeans the boys who became men after they were abused by Sandusky, especially the ones whom Paterno knew about.

http://theundefeated.com/features/pe...ternos-legacy/

Posted in my blog recently.

Paterno, The Movie. Sports Illustrated interview with Barry Levinson, The Director:

(Wow. I think I'm impressed.)

SI: For a work of fiction, the movie hews surprisingly closely to the facts of the case.

BL: We’re doing a film in a sense, which is taking place in the 35 minutes that he’s inside of an MRI machine, looking layer by layer at this man. But the story is really confined to the events of that two-week period, and so we had to do that, double-checking the dates and getting some factual information straight, with HBO and all these lawyers involved.

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2018/...-sandusky-penn-state-barry-levinson-interview

Joe Paterno got into trouble because he looked the other way at one of his coaches sexually abusing children. He completely destroyed his legacy because he was a hypocrite. While football players were running sprints in extreme heat, tearing ligaments, and getting concussions all for the glory of Penn State, JoePa was collecting a giant paycheck more concerned about his legacy and no abused children were going to stand in his way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back