Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.correctiveservices.qld.g...r_Management/documents/ofmproprotection.shtml

Queensland Corrective Services has a duty of care to provide a safe environment for all prisoners.

A prisoner may only be approved for protection following a dynamic risk/needs assessment and it is determined the prisoner cannot be effectively managed within the mainstream prisoner population. Consideration must be given to the risk the prisoner may present to existing protection prisoners..

It is the responsibility of all corrective services staff to take appropriate action to ensure the safety of all prisoners.

The general manager or nominee of a corrective services facility has the authority to approve and to withdraw protection status.

Centre sentence management staff are to ensure a prisoner's Offender File and IOMS are updated with relevant information relating to the prisoners protection status.

prisoner may be assessed as being at risk from others and require protection as a result of, but not limited to-

appearing as a court witness offering assistance to the Crown;
being a human source by giving, or offering to give, information to law enforcement or correctional authorities;
the nature of the offence (eg. a prisoner who has committed an offence, which is likely to make him or her the target of aggression from others);
personal or psychological characteristics (eg. a prisoner who exhibits physical, emotional, psychological or intellectual characteristics, which are likely to make him or her the target of aggression or intimidation from others); or
cultural issues (eg. a prisoner who is assessed as being at risk of harm due to cross cultural, religious or particular tribal issues);
prior protection status; or
public profile of prisoner. (ie media interest

Thanks Keen, which of these, in your professional opinion, is keeping him in protective custody?

the nature of the offence (eg. a prisoner who has committed an offence, which is likely to make him or her the target of aggression from others);

OR (less likely, maybe):
personal or psychological characteristics (eg. a prisoner who exhibits physical, emotional, psychological or intellectual characteristics, which are likely to make him or her the target of aggression or intimidation from others);

would it be only the nature of the offence? I would imagine that personal characteristics would take time to develop and be known to fellow inmates, even though we have heard he is emotionally stressed and not coping? I would think a lot of new prisoners feel the same way?

Or a different one altogether??

http://www.correctiveservices.qld.g...r_Management/documents/ofmproprotection.shtml

Queensland Corrective Services has a duty of care to provide a safe environment for all prisoners.

A prisoner may only be approved for protection following a dynamic risk/needs assessment and it is determined the prisoner cannot be effectively managed within the mainstream prisoner population. Consideration must be given to the risk the prisoner may present to existing protection prisoners..

It is the responsibility of all corrective services staff to take appropriate action to ensure the safety of all prisoners.

The general manager or nominee of a corrective services facility has the authority to approve and to withdraw protection status.

Centre sentence management staff are to ensure a prisoner's Offender File and IOMS are updated with relevant information relating to the prisoners protection status.

prisoner may be assessed as being at risk from others and require protection as a result of, but not limited to-

appearing as a court witness offering assistance to the Crown;
being a human source by giving, or offering to give, information to law enforcement or correctional authorities;
personal or psychological characteristics (eg. a prisoner who exhibits physical, emotional, psychological or intellectual characteristics, which are likely to make him or her the target of aggression or intimidation from others); or
cultural issues (eg. a prisoner who is assessed as being at risk of harm due to cross cultural, religious or particular tribal issues);
prior protection status; or
public profile of prisoner. (ie media interest

posted the same comment twice by accident!

Thanks Keen, which of these, in your professional opinion, is keeping him in protective custody?

OR (less likely, maybe):
personal or psychological characteristics (eg. a prisoner who exhibits physical, emotional, psychological or intellectual characteristics, which are likely to make him or her the target of aggression or intimidation from others);

would it be only the nature of the offence? I would imagine that personal characteristics would take time to develop and be known to fellow inmates, even though we have heard he is emotionally stressed and not coping? I would think a lot of new prisoners feel the same way?

Or a different one altogether??

Several.

1.Nature of offence.the nature of the offence (eg. a prisoner who has committed an offence, which is likely to make him or her the target of aggression from others);

2. Public profile prisoner.

Several.

Nature of offence. Public profile prisoner.

is it constantly reviewed? is it indefinite? can he manipulate this? most importantly, is the conditions better in this type of custody?

Sorry even more important question....can a prisoner requiring protection use this in their defense in any way?

is it constantly reviewed? is it indefinite? can he manipulate this? most importantly, is the conditions better in this type of custody?

Sorry even more important question....can a prisoner requiring protection use this in their defense in any way?

His days of manipulating are over. He is now in a system run by rules and procedures.
For his own sake re defence he will be better off to keep his nose clean and not disrupt the system. His behaviour is recorded.

His days of manipulating are over. He is now in a system run by rules and procedures.
For his own sake re defence he will be better off to keep his nose clean and not disrupt the system. His behaviour is recorded.

haha...well thankyou Keen....spoken like a true corrections officer. I feel a wonderful confidence and satisfaction to her you say that.

Several.

1.Nature of offence.the nature of the offence (eg. a prisoner who has committed an offence, which is likely to make him or her the target of aggression from others);

2. Public profile prisoner.

Thank you very much for that. I wouldnt want to be the person signing someone out of protective custody into mainstream as I imagine at times it could not go as planned and the outcome in extreme case - death. Sounds like you guys need eyes in the back of yr head to be able to make spot on reports so that a review or application for/or against protection can be made accurately.
Must admit I was surprised that one of the reasons you thought gbc would be in protective custody was the nature of the crime being as it is alleged he murdered an adult. I thought the reason would have been his emotional state putting him at risk of aggression etc. So is wife killer an unacceptable crime in jail. I do understand the high profile though.

Thank you very much for that. I wouldnt want to be the person signing someone out of protective custody into mainstream as I imagine at times it could not go as planned and the outcome in extreme case - death. Sounds like you guys need eyes in the back of yr head to be able to make spot on reports so that a review or application for/or against protection can be made accurately.
Must admit I was surprised that one of the reasons you thought gbc would be in protective custody was the nature of the crime being as it is alleged he murdered an adult. I thought the reason would have been his emotional state putting him at risk of aggression etc. So is wife killer an unacceptable crime in jail. I do understand the high profile though.

Prisoners look down on offenders that offend on women, and leave the children motherless. Big time.

When I worked at Long Bay Prison there was a prisoner named Holden. He signed himself off protection and was killed in the MTC.

http://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/dmdocuments/pub2_27ia1.pdf

Prisoners look down on offenders that offend on women, and leave the children motherless. Big time.

Well if he is found guilty that is comforting to know. He will be at the bottom of the pile and having to watch his back. No more mr big for him.
Was Carl Williams in protective custody at the time of his death? If so I hope gbc is aware of that lol

Well if he is found guilty that is comforting to know. He will be at the bottom of the pile and having to watch his back. No more mr big for him.
Was Carl Williams in protective custody at the time of his death? If so I hope gbc is aware of that lol

Carl Williams was on protection and he buddied up with Johnson....Johnson befriended him for 6 months before he killed him.

Just as I say prisoners have months to organize something and officers have seconds to fix it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...ed-carl-williams/story-fnat7jnn-1226389586040

Thank you so much for all the info on the prison scene KTK. I'm learning an incredible amount from your posts - they are giving me a much clearer picture of what life is like for GBC 'inside'.

It is also interesting to note that the other prisoners and we (the general public) have similar ethics when it comes to offenders that murder women and leave children motherless! Wow!

Thank you so much for all the info on the prison scene KTK. I'm learning an incredible amount from your posts - they are giving me a much clearer picture of what life is like for GBC 'inside'.

It is also interesting to note that the other prisoners and we (the general public) have similar ethics when it comes to offenders that murder women and leave children motherless! Wow!

You are welcome to ask any questions within the boundries.

When I worked at Long Bay Prison there was a prisoner named Holden. He signed himself off protection and was killed in the MTC.

http://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/dmdocuments/pub2_27ia1.pdf

Wow someone's life may have been considered worth a cheap brand radio.
Thank you for this link. I plan on reading more of it tomorrow. I was surprised when prisoner said he was stoned at the time. Definitely doesn't fit outline of prison lol

Thank you for this link. I plan on reading more of it tomorrow. I was surprised when prisoner said he was stoned at the time. Definitely doesn't fit outline of prison lol

In this link they use the term rock spider and state what it means. Next he calls the guys who murdered Holden "dogs". Does "dogs" have a special meaning in prison?

Off Topic
He had been caught with grass. I was there that day. He was on lock down and when the officers placed him in the cell they did not give him any matches.
He was holding his cigarette in the little hole in his door asking for a light from prisoners that were passing, and was killed from there with an iron bar taken from a bed.

In this link they use the term rock spider and state what it means. Next he calls the guys who murdered Holden "dogs". Does "dogs" have a special meaning in prison?

A dog is someone who gives information about someone else to police.
A rock spider is a child molester.

A dog is someone who gives information about someone else to police.
A rock spider is a child molester.

Thank you. Love having you here. As Bellgirl stated "learning so much about the life gbc could be exposed to now. Please Don't go too far away from your computer. Lol

Thank you. Love having you here. As Bellgirl stated "learning so much about the life gbc could be exposed to now. Please Don't go too far away from your computer. Lol

Gerard is not in for a walk in the park.

Keentoknow, another question sorry...

One hears a fair bit about sexual assault between prisoners - is this common?

And if not assault, if it's consensual sex, is that allowed in prison?

Apologies if you or others find this an offensive question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle