Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wakeskate. Successful RE Agents are dedicated poker players are they not?

~moo~

Not going to disagree here.
Dealing with a person who has a living thinking quick on their feet to not tell the truth all the time would be a challenge to crack.
However if it turns out he did commit a murder less than 12 hours earlier it's hard to say that the seasoned "player" could not give something away.

Stats from US Dept Justice http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/intimates.cfm (not Law & Order) show that the likely perpetrator in 1/3 of female murder victim cases continues to be the intimate partner. Also interestingly the Aust Inst of Criminology has data in a study paper indicating that female murder victims are more likely to have met their demise at the hands of an intimate partner in 60% of family homicides during the 13 year study period July 89 to June 02. Google is my friend LOL...

Back on topic LOL

Stats from US Dept Justice http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/intimates.cfm show that the likely perpetrator in 1/3 of female murder victim cases continues to be the intimate partner. Also interestingly the Aust Inst of Criminology has data in a study paper indicating that female murder victims are more likely to have met their demise at the hands of an intimate partner in 60% of family homicides during the 13 year study period July 89 to June 02. Google is my friend LOL...

Well done tishy. *advertiser censored*
Its something we all know.

<modsnip>

And I think he was counting on having a bit more time....
Maybe thought they'd say 'there there Mr Baden-Clay wifies go for a little break all the time call us if she hasn't returned by tomorrow night'

And I think he was counting on having a bit more time....
Maybe thought they'd say 'there there Mr Baden-Clay wifies go for a little break all the time call us if she hasn't returned by tomorrow night'

Yes, I think it is a significant factor that at the time of the murder GBC had no idea how things would unfold afterwards: police immediately on the alert, huge search party organised, thorough forensic investigations, intense public interest, need for legal representation that morning, huge media involvement, his own psychological and physical reactions, the grief of his children played out in front of him, the reality of his wife's absence, the police interest in TM, the impact on his business, the social impact of his community's suspicions about him, the tension of possible imminent arrest, the relatively speedy finding of the body, the need to go through the motions of the funeral, and the demands of playing the role of the grieving widower ... the list goes on.

In my opinion, at the time of the murder, GBC had no inkling of what really lay ahead. He truly thought that it would be one of those murders which somehow pass by almost unnoticed and take up no more than a small space in the local paper - "Wife of prominent businessman and model citizen missing feared abducted" ... and then no more ...

Yes, I think it is a significant factor that at the time of the murder GBC had no idea how things would unfold afterwards: police immediately on the alert, huge search party organised, thorough forensic investigations, intense public interest, need for legal representation that morning, huge media involvement, his own psychological and physical reactions, the grief of his children played out in front of him, the reality of his wife's absence, the police interest in TM, the impact on his business, the social impact of his community's suspicions about him, the tension of possible imminent arrest, the relatively speedy finding of the body, the need to go through the motions of the funeral, and the demands of playing the role of the grieving widower ... the list goes on.

In my opinion, at the time of the murder, GBC had no inkling of what really lay ahead. He truly thought that it would be one of those murders which somehow pass by almost unnoticed and take up no more than a small space in the local paper - "Wife of prominent businessman and model citizen missing feared abducted" ... and then no more ...

:goodpost:

Well said !!

That is the best post we have had in awhile.....well said xxxxxxxx:woohoo:

im wondering if another reason police reacted so quickly after arriving that morning was because gbc had called 000 which is an emergenciy number, worked himself into a state, the awful reality of what he had done hitting him, crying etc and blubbering to police about having a row and the mistress and hinting allison may have stormed off suicidal, pleading that they find her, the children distressed and hovering around their father, and saying things possibly about the row, that and the obvious scratches and other possible evidence, and rubbish stories and texts, and none of it adding up.
his body language and distress probably indicated guilt more than grief, police are usually very good at reading body language, often their lives depend on it.
police took over an hour to arrive after his call, i guess because it wasnt a life threatening emergency, he must have been beside himself waiting for them!
all my opinion only

Welcome Pastafarian. Thanks for the update that the legislation increasing murder sentences has now passed. However it is not generally retrospective which means the previous law will apply as the date of the offence when Allison was murdered is prior to the commencement of the new law. So if GBC is convicted of murder under sec 305 (1) of the Criminal Code QLD the 15 years minimum imprisonment before parole will apply.

im wondering if another reason police reacted so quickly after arriving that morning was because gbc had called 000 which is an emergenciy number, worked himself into a state, the awful reality of what he had done hitting him, crying etc and blubbering to police about having a row and the mistress and hinting allison may have stormed off suicidal, pleading that they find her, the children distressed and hovering around their father, and saying things possibly about the row, that and the obvious scratches and other possible evidence, and rubbish stories and texts, and none of it adding up.
his body language and distress probably indicated guilt more than grief, police are usually very good at reading body language, often their lives depend on it.
police took over an hour to arrive after his call, i guess because it wasnt a life threatening emergency, he must have been beside himself waiting for them!
all my opinion only

I agree bearbear, that and what frustrated detective suggested made everything fall in a heap for him.
All IMO

I agree, He's so arrogrant that he assumed he'd get away with it. Way back in an early thread was a discussion on how murderers often plan every detail of a murder, but once the deed is done, they have no plans whatsoever. Sounds like GBC - 'business as usual'

Thanks, frustrated detective and bearbear. I’ve spent a lot of time wondering what could have happened to make GBC call the police when he did, leaving himself no time to get his story straight, get rid of incriminating evidence etc. I’d imagined that an unexpected phone call or visit that morning might have forced his hand so he had to call the police and report Allison missing – but your scenarios, with mounting panic followed by totally losing the plot, plus underestimating how the police would respond, make perfect sense to me!

Thanks, frustrated detective and bearbear. I’ve spent a lot of time wondering what could have happened to make GBC call the police when he did, leaving himself no time to get his story straight, get rid of incriminating evidence etc. I’d imagined that an unexpected phone call or visit that morning might have forced his hand so he had to call the police and report Allison missing – but your scenarios, with mounting panic followed by totally losing the plot, plus underestimating how the police would respond, make perfect sense to me!

At least he had time to tidy his dollies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-01 at 5.21.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-01 at 5.21.15 PM.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 47
Thanks, frustrated detective and bearbear. I&#8217;ve spent a lot of time wondering what could have happened to make GBC call the police when he did, leaving himself no time to get his story straight, get rid of incriminating evidence etc. I&#8217;d imagined that an unexpected phone call or visit that morning might have forced his hand so he had to call the police and report Allison missing &#8211; but your scenarios, with mounting panic followed by totally losing the plot, plus underestimating how the police would respond, make perfect sense to me!

yes, i agree, something must have triggered that early call, it was suggested way back that maybe allison had an early morning unexpected friend call by, or maybe the girls were pestering to see her before school. im wondering if one of her parents rang early so he blurted out she had gone for a walk and was upset, maybe they pressured him to call police. otherwise he could have waited all day and then called when allison didnt arrive back from the conference.

Perhaps he hadn't anticipated that he would be quite restricted when the kids woke up that morning - from that point on he couldn't do much out of the ordinary or they would have noticed (eg cleaning, getting rid of evidence etc) - perhaps they were worrying too which hastened the call to police, for appearance's sake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500