Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.

A bit cold don't you think?

I didn't read it as cold - more like small community minded mindset closing ranks in a depressed market. Trying to convey an upside to the whole situation.

I actually feel sorry for the owners.

That property will be infamous and no doubt undesirable for many - perhaps it was the long term retirement/Super plan for the owners.

Just looking at it from a different perspective.

Defensive posturing from a probably shell shocked owner.

I didn't read it as cold - more like small community minded mindset closing ranks in a depressed market. Trying to convey an upside to the whole situation.

That property will be infamous and no doubt undesirable for many - perhaps it was the long term retirement/Super plan for the owners.

Thanks OakingtonAve. I appreciate your imput in looking at the other side of the coin.

I feel sorry for the owners too. I believe they have lost a lot of money recently. They tried to rent it out again recently [as I'm sure we all know] and due to the negative feedback from the public it was taken off the rental market. IMHO

Anyway, a bit off topic. This recent property sale could be a ploy to prove to the Crown that he does in fact have another plan to pay off his debts. There may or may not be other assets to sell but it could put a hole in the Prosecution's case against him don't you think? :moo:

Chekoutchik, good point. But I think that by the time the committal comes around next year that GBC's entitlement in the proceeds of the sale of the house will be properly calculated and even at the date of Allison's death I think that it will make no significant dent in what his liabilities were at that date. So I don't think the prosecution will have much to worry about re their allegation that he was in deep financial trouble and had no way to meet his financial commitments either by 1 July 2012 or any time for a long time.

Gerbil Hunting Season on September 8, 2012 at 9:55 am said....

http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2012/...ptember-24-2012/comment-page-2/#comment-47936

Interesting if this second email is legit. TZ states that he was contacted by a representative of WOTS P/L five weeks ago in regard to selling the Gold Coast property. Five weeks ago! He also states that he was unaware that Allison was a director of WOTS P/L even though he says that he'd conducted a company search with ASIC.

Allison was removed as a director and secretary of WOTS P/L as of 14 August and the documents were lodged with ASIC on 21 August. At the most that is four weeks ago. If TZ had done the ASIC search as he stated, he would have seen that Allison was in fact still a director of WOTS P/L five weeks ago. If he'd done the ASIC search later than he stated, he would have seen that Allison was removed as a director and secretary. Why then does he state that he didn't know that Allison was ever a director of WOTS P/L.

If the WOTS representative contacted TZ to list the Gold Coast property for sale five weeks ago, Allison was legally still a director of WOTS P/L.

Something is very off here!

MOO.

What's off is he is lying.
He sat waiting for a response to the 2 offers for 3 days before he received GBCs signed acceptance.
He kept the sale prior to Auction and the canceling of the Auction a BIG FAT SECRET from the Dickies and their solicitor. He knew they were using the time prior to Auction to act to protect the estate.
I expect he told OW about the Dickies visit and the solicitor working on stopping the auction and OW has told him to call all interested parties to put in their best offer that day , as the seller is selling urgently today. ( this has happened to me. I purchased a property one evening over the phone many years ago. The agent said , dont ask any questions. This is your lucky day. Do you want the property? I said yes id like it but i cant afford it. He said name the price you can afford. I named it , and he said, it's sold . This seller simply wanted it sold as he was an overseas investor.)
Anyway, This Agent chose a commission $ , over supporting the Dickies to try to protect Allison's estate for her girls.
He knew the horrific background yet chose to support GBC , so he could make some money. I can see right through his lies. He's not fooling anyone, and should remain ashamed of himself.
I think that's why he's written so much. He's scared and very worried.
He should just apologise to the Dickies for being so greedy and cold and ask for their forgiveness rather than spend time convincing the public that he is a good guy. We are not stupid and can put 2 and 2 together to workout what happened.
This isn't going to go away and he is not ever going to be liked again.

He sat waiting for a response to the 2 offers for 3 days before he received GBCs signed acceptance.
He kept the sale prior to Auction and the canceling of the Auction a BIG FAT SECRET from the Dickies and their solicitor. He knew they were using the time prior to Auction to act to protect the estate.
I expect he told OW about the Dickies visit and the solicitor working on stopping the auction and OW has told him to call all interested parties to put in their best offer that day , as the seller is selling urgently today. ( this has happened to me. I purchased a property one evening over the phone many years ago. The agent said , dont ask any questions. This is your lucky day. Do you want the property? I said yes id like it but i cant afford it. He said name the price you can afford. I named it , and he said, it's sold . This seller simply wanted it sold as he was an overseas investor.)
Anyway, This Agent chose a commission $ , over supporting the Dickies to try to protect Allison's estate for her girls.
He knew the horrific background yet chose to support GBC , so he could make some money. I can see right through his lies. He's not fooling anyone, and should remain ashamed of himself.
He should just apologise to the Dickies for being so greedy and cold and ask for their forgiveness rather than spend time convincing the public that he is a good guy. We are not stupid and can put 2 and 2 together to workout what happened.

Absolutely spot on!! And let's face it, any real estate agent chosen by the BC clan is going to have a very dubious moral and ethical compass! (and probably not bad at spinning a few lines to 'sell' to the general public how truly ethical and full of integrity he is)

Absolutely spot on!! And let's face it, any real estate agent chosen by the BC clan is going to have a very dubious moral and ethical compass! (and probably not bad at spinning a few lines to 'sell' to the general public how truly ethical and full of integrity he is)

Absolutely , and not forgetting OW directed him to do a quickie sale prior to the advertised Auction, so she is also even lower than low. But we all know how evil she is anyway. Face time call rings one of many bells.
I bet those " several interested parties" awaiting the Auction Day, who were getting their finances in order, are also angry with this agent , so selling it right under them too is going to add to his list of haters.

I fear the lure of an easy sale and resulting commission for this agent was the deciding factor.

In Qld the commission rates are based on 5%of the first $18k and 2.5% of the remainder.

Many agents are merely scratching a living - statistics locally state that up to 60% of the RE workforce have left to pursue other careers in a stale and depressed market.

This poor guy was probably keen to make a sale in such market conditions and although he may have turned a moral blind eye, so to speak, one can hardly blame him - he too would have bills to pay and commitments to meet.

In hindsight he may wish he had never been a part of it all - I have not done the maths but calculate he would've got about $2,500 (??) AUD out of it - perhaps less if he had to pay agency fees as a subcontractor - some agencies in effect make you pay for your workspace etc out of your commission like a franchisee arrangement.

Anyway, just my two cents' worth again - easy to point the finger at people but we are all only human and I hardly think he deserves to be berated.

IMHO he is in no worse position than the countless numbers of defence lawyers who vigorously defend their guilty clients...

Edited to add - the Agent is working on behalf of the Vendor so had no obligation to advise anyone of anything other than those he was obligated to and engaged by.

I fear the lure of an easy sale and resulting commission for this agent was the deciding factor.

In Qld the commission rates are based on 5%of the first $18k and 2.5% of the remainder.

Many agents are merely scratching a living - statistics locally state that up to 60% of the RE workforce have left to pursue other careers in a stale and depressed market.

This poor guy was probably keen to make a sale in such market conditions and although he may have turned a moral blind eye, so to speak, one can hardly blame him - he too would have bills to pay and commitments to meet.

In hindsight he may wish he had never been a part of it all - I have not done the maths but calculate he would've got about $2,500 (??) AUD out of it - perhaps less if he had to pay agency fees as a subcontractor - some agencies in effect make you pay for your workspace etc out of your commission like a franchisee arrangement.

Anyway, just my two cents' worth again - easy to point the finger at people but we are all only human and I hardly think he deserves to be berated.

IMHO he is in no worse position than the countless numbers of defence lawyers who vigorously defend their guilty clients...

Edited to add - the Agent is working on behalf of the Vendor so had no obligation to advise anyone of anything other than those he was obligated to and engaged by.

It sucks at all levels!

We have only been privy to BO's emails and he has said 'you have my word I will leave Allisons on this date' - it seemed like she wanted Allison out of the picture any which way but its the next part that gets me. GBC says he has to lay low and explains how to do this. And from the context of that BO text I almost think she was prepared to lie low with him.

Exactly my thoughts, Liadan!!

Something the defense is going to be all over. What did she say in her emails to him?? She is FAR from innocent in all this IMO. I think police had to pressure her greatly to get real information from her. IMO I think they were definately prepared to give her immunity (if they havent already) in order to nail him. I think she only 'turned' on GBC when she was made to beleive she may face charges herself. IMO.

Why didn't TZ let the Dickie's solicitor know immediately that an offer had been accepted?

MOO.
Money talks, in that profession. He can hide behind the fact he wasn't legally obligated to tell them.

What does everybody mean by this? What date does it match up to?

GBC applied to Australian Securities and Investments Commission on August 21 to have Mrs Baden-Clay removed as director and secretary of WOTS.

(He likes the number 21)

What does everybody mean by this? What date does it match up to?

What Possumheart said, and also the same real estate company doing the renting of the house and sale of the gold coast property (Though different branches).

In relation to a question asked in a previous post,re listening in to other's conversations on the 'cell phone', well say hi to for only A$49.95. I'm shocked. I would have thought it illegal but website says jailbreaking is legal so you can apparently instal the app onto someone's phone and it's legal? Totally undetectable? As my mother used to say "What's the World Coming To?" It purports to track, sms, emails, everything on a server and then can be accessed from any computer and for just a little bit more $ you can have the pro version and listen into conversations and GPS track your target to their exact location.:what:
Ahhhhh.. you do need to Register with them though and they attest they do not share any information with third parties....mmmmm.

http://www./cell-phone-spy.php?src=928592

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member