Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possumheart - See what you mean .... It sure is extremely difficult, without Olivia and her husband having some knowledge of the incident that we don't have, to understand how they can be so sure of GBC's innocence.... sure looks like blind faith, and until the trial of GBC conclusively reveals otherwise, they feel validated in acting in their self-righteous manner. When, during the trial, more information is revealed to their 'Persecutors, the Press and the Public', there will no doubt be more of the bizarre behaviour which will emerge to protect their 'honour'.

It is going to take all of my resolve not to trip OW, given the opportunity.

Couldbe, having been at the committal, hearing TM's evidence and reading her statements, I thought at the time that she would be a good candidate for GBC to try to blame for Allison's murder. Something about the way GBC's barrister asked questions of her and her answers. Not that I think she had anything to do with it, just that she seemed so oblivious to the fact that he told her it was over and she still believed that she was going to be with him. Like she was blinded to reality by her 'love' for him. Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Having said that, I think that during the trial if things don't go well for GBC, he might plead guilty to manslaughter and say he panicked.

Only 6 months to go! :jail::jail::jail:

Couldn't agree more! Regarding TM being good candidate. She was the blame, or she did the deed, or anything at all that makes him look innocent.
TM Very good candidate actually, because she appears completely unaware of his guiles. Even thinks he loves her. Whatever that means.
Worse still, she doesn't seem to "get it."
He would betray her, quick as look at her. IMO.
Betray anyone else for that matter; If his own preservation is at stake.

Couldn't agree more! Regarding TM being good candidate. She was the blame, or she did the deed, or anything at all that makes him look innocent.
TM Very good candidate actually, because she appears completely unaware of his guiles. Even thinks he loves her. Whatever that means.
Worse still, she doesn't seem to "get it."
He would betray her, quick as look at her. IMO.
Betray anyone else for that matter; If his own preservation is at stake.

This is where I reckon GBC's legal team will go for TM's jugular - the nine mobile phone calls from the office phone during the period 5:03pm and 6:54pm on the night Allison was murdered. They just need to put her in the office at the time. If there is something I do NOT want to miss, it is TM on the stand. I reckon we all want to be there.

Attachments

• office phone.png
    office phone.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 22
I am quite sure that this has been mentioned before....any idea how long the trial will go for? I am planning a trip from Melbourne. Any clues as to the most optimum time to attend ... beginning - middle ...end?

This is where I reckon GBC's legal team will go for TM's jugular - the nine mobile phone calls from the office phone during the period 5:03pm and 6:54pm on the night Allison was murdered. They just need to put her in the office at the time. If there is something I do NOT want to miss, it is TM on the stand. I reckon we all want to be there.

Mountain Misst, I am wondering about these calls - all very short except for one but it was still less than 2 minutes. Maybe he was on the phone or just didn't answer. Still, just goes to show how desperate she was.

I am quite sure that this has been mentioned before....any idea how long the trial will go for? I am planning a trip from Melbourne. Any clues as to the most optimum time to attend ... beginning - middle ...end?

I would think the first day would be taken up by jury selection, then opening statements by both sides and judge's opening address to the jury - this could go on for a day +. Alioop might be able to give you a better idea. The first few witnesses are likely to be crucial to the angle being taken.

I have no experience in attending such court cases, but if GBC takes the stand, it would be an opportunity to watch his performance, and hear his answers to all of the very pertinent questions. Does anyone know if he can be forced to do so at any point in the proceedings?

Hi Possum - havent been on here for a long time, but felt the need to read and catch up. I agree with you, and even though I had seen them before...the photos of the rental Brookfield house seem so very incongruous with the Allison we want to know. It looks almost derelict and full of junk at the back and grass overgrowing play equipment. I want to ask...do we definitely know what their (ABC and GBC) living arrangements were before her death? Both were living there fulltime with the children? It just seems the photos are at odds with the type of mother that Allison would be. The first 3 pics in the series below are what concern me...

http://multimedia.aapnewswire.com.au/search.aspx?search=baden+clay+arrest+brisbane%26(importdate%3E20120613)&gallery=BADEN+CLAY+ARREST+BRISBANE

I guess I just find it odd, but I dont mean any disrespect to Allison at all. But sometimes things that appear out of character can be a clue to whats happening in that persons life.

All MOO

I've just been pondering the state of the property. I had a job once where I had to inspect people's homes and I know that what you think people are like is not always reflected in what their properties are like. So I don't find anything particularly odd. They had lived in that home for several years and to the outside world dressed to impress. However at home they seemed to ignore the junk and I can't imagine them having TM etc over for dinner parties very often. GBC had to put himself 'out there' - not be at home. So the property became a dump. Especially in rural areas it is easy to collect and store clutter.

Can you see it in your mind - every weekend GBC has family time gardening, cleaning the house, helping the girls with their homework, going on picnics and hikes with ABC and the girls (without mobile phone), cooking a BBQ for his family in the back yard??? No??? Me neither. More like sneaking off for 'me me me' time with TM or whoever else he could con. :jail::jail::jail:

Just my thoughts.

I have no experience in attending such court cases, but if GBC takes the stand, it would be an opportunity to watch his performance, and hear his answers to all of the very pertinent questions. Does anyone know if he can be forced to do so at any point in the proceedings?

Couldbe, I don't think he can be made to testify - something about it being their right. And I think I heard somewhere once that they usually don't because it goes against them with cross-examination. And seems that if they plead not guilty, then are found guilty, the maximum penalty is imposed. Alioops, please correct me if I am wrong.

Couldbe, I don't think he can be made to testify - something about it being their right. And I think I heard somewhere once that they usually don't because it goes against them with cross-examination. And seems that if they plead not guilty, then are found guilty, the maximum penalty is imposed. Alioops, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you Breaking ....... if no GBC on stand, then once the 'setting of the scene' was accomplished, then questioning of any 'supporters' of GBC would most likely be the next target ....... followed by witnesses to the movements of those 'supporters' (which could be very interesting). One would think that the forensic evidence would follow (and this could possibly be very drawn out). The finale of the case would probably be the 'target supporter(s) and the 'blow everyone out of the water' evidence of the Detectives who have been working on the case. JMO

According to most reports the trial is expected to take four weeks. If any of the other murder cases are anything to go by, I'd be looking at the last week or so. That, of course, would also include the all important verdict. The court will more than likely be packed to the rafters so you'd need to there very early.

Baden-Clay murder trial expected to take four weeks

23rd Aug 2013

Defence lawyer Peter Shields told the court he expected the trial to take four weeks.

But he said there had been "significant culling" of witnesses and he expected that to continue, potentially shortening proceedings.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/baden-clay-murder-trial-expected-take-four-weeks/1995421/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther