Alternate (Non-POI) Theories

Ben Bina was there too.

And what about the guy who had his car taken apart?

Are you attempting to steer this conversation towards DR? This thread is for Non-POI discussion.

Good point, thanks!

Both Freeney and Bahner have put themselves at or near the crime scene that evening. Unless they're all connected somehow someone is lying or embellishing.

The Green River Killer was cleared by the cops once or twice way before he was convicted because of his 'solid' alibi. After many more victims were killed and a big fat incriminating clue appeared the police finally re-evaluated his alibis correctly and realized he was an effective liar. Surprise! Serial abductors are also dishonest!

Robert Pickton killed 20-30 women beyond the late 1980s date when an informant first told the police his alibis were bs. The police had to apologize to the victims' families for keeping someone free when they were told correctly he was a serial killer.

The constant appeal to accept at face value whatever the cops have decided about a suspect is without merit. Do you think Jacob's case is the perfect crime? If you don't, then obviously the cops have failed. They are wrong about something.

1) We know MF had a gun or an access to guns (search Webslueths for pic of MF with Gun)
2) We know MF is an actor and had access to props and make-up (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1429875/)
3) We know MF is an actor and has the ability to change his voice to be a "character" (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1429875/)
4) We know MF was near the scene at or near the time of the abduction (his own words....see link in previous comment)
5) We know MF had a blue/dark blue police style car (auctioned off police car?.........it had the spotlight)
6) We know MF had an affinity for radios/scanners (FCC license)
7) We know MF has molested children in the past on multiple occasions
8) We know MF rented Police Props...

What we don't know, is what MF says is his alibi for the night JW was abducted. How do we sleuth the answer to that?

Good summary of known facts about MF. Many thanks.

The idea of him first of all admitting to being on Jacob's tiny little street that night is way too much. Second of all, he admits to being at the Tom Thumb. One thing though, if we 100% believe Kevin's version of events then the 'medical cop' was seen within 15 minutes after the abduction. If the medical cop is MF, it kind of actually enhances his alibi - since having Jacob in the trunk or killing him with extreme speed would be remarkable. See what I'm saying?

LE has cleared him twice. So why is the solid alibi still a secret? Because if you had to clear him twice, it may take three times. Only LE, MF, or his attorney can make it known, so we have to talk to them.

No, there is someone else who can make it known. An alibi requires a second witness. Maybe Kevin is MF's alibi?

I also find it weird that MF calls it a 7-11 and not Tom Thumb. He would have know it was a Tom Thumb, I don't even think St Joe ever had a 7-11.......St.Cloud had one near downtown.

777 if Kevin's story is true and MF had something to do with it does mean he has to move quick. I keep thinking that MF heard the call on the scanner knew/saw the kids leave, left the house of the kid he was dropping off and slowly drove down the road back towards Tom Thumb. Pulled over on the side of the Road turned off his car and waited for them to return. Web sleuths has focussed a lot on the abductor turning towards DRs house on the driveway but what if the perp took Jacob back towards kiwi toward a waiting car?

After getting back to his car MF heads away from the scene with JW in the trunk but stops at Tom Thumb to establish an alibi/fill up with gas/hand JW to someone else?

I also find it weird that MF calls it a 7-11 and not Tom Thumb. He would have know it was a Tom Thumb, I don't even think St Joe ever had a 7-11.......St.Cloud had one near downtown.

I have only been to the area as a visitor, so I can't say - but if 7-11 is truly a rare thing in MN than this quote from what is supposed to be MF might be questionable - namely that the email version of his alibi on the other website is not really from MF and instead from someone who lives in a state where 7-11 is on every corner. In Texas, for instance, "7-11" is just a synonym for convenience store, because they are so dominant. It's hard to imagine someone calling the Tom Thumb a 7-11 unless they are from a place like Texas where the term has become a generic word.

If anything, to me, the 7-11 reference calls into question the validity of this version of the alibi as being from the real MF. It could also just mean nothing - not every detail in every scenario is going to match perfectly, there will always be inexplicable clues that don't match reality.
777 if Kevin's story is true and MF had something to do with it does mean he has to move quick. I keep thinking that MF heard the call on the scanner knew/saw the kids leave, left the house of the kid he was dropping off and slowly drove down the road back towards Tom Thumb. Pulled over on the side of the Road turned off his car and waited for them to return. Web sleuths has focussed a lot on the abductor turning towards DRs house on the driveway but what if the perp took Jacob back towards kiwi toward a waiting car?

Ok, that's a valid scenario.

I'm a little skeptical of anyone accidentally being able to overhear the call from Jacob to his parents. But it's possible. I say it's perhaps a bit more reasonable to think MF is in the neighborhood dropping off his youth group boy and simply noticed Jacob on his way to/from Tom Thumb? I think it makes a lot of sense to imagine MF grooming this other boy in the neighborhood but as of yet not molesting him, when, out of the blue, Jacob accidentally wanders into MF's sight completely vulnerable to attack.

....ALSO, why couldn't MF simply have been randomly driving around this night, perhaps even stopping in at the TT, and just unluckily bumped into Jacob? This other boy in the neighborhood that MF is supposedly friends with is a little too convenient for me.

I don't buy the story from MF which goes: "I was coincidentally dropping off another boy I wasn't molesting at the time who lives on Jacob's street at almost exactly the same time Jacob was abducted, but, I promise, I had nothing to do with Jacob even though I have a documented sexual preference for pre-teen boys."

After getting back to his car MF heads away from the scene with JW in the trunk but stops at Tom Thumb to establish an alibi/fill up with gas/hand JW to someone else?

Possible but a real stretch IMO.

Having a boy Jacob's age in your trunk doesn't sound very conducive to parking your car in full view at a store and leisurely having a conversation with Kevin about whatever the heck 'medical cops' are. I think you get out of the area fast if you've got a boy in the trunk. [note to self: ask Kevin if he recognized MF]

IN ANY SCENARIO, whatever happened to Jacob in the immediate aftermath of the abduction happened very quickly. He was either dead, incapacitated, supremely well hidden or removed from the scene.....within the half hour or so time period it took for the cops to get there.

IN ANY SCENARIO, whatever happened to Jacob in the immediate aftermath of the abduction happened very quickly. He was either dead, incapacitated, supremely well hidden or removed from the scene.....within the half hour or so time period it took for the cops to get there.

777[/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------------
I think Jacob was watched by a local with whom his path crossed. I think this person was a serial predator, with a specific type of sexual attraction (teenage males), whose job gave him the freedom to drive through the area, and whose community involvement allowed him to regularly interact with young males. I think he acted on his compulsion several times using a similar m.o. I think there are people in the community who are aware of this man's proclivities but for whatever reason are either afraid of him or unwilling to discuss their concerns -- probably because he was able to hide/destroy any evidence, and, or, convince anyone questioning him that he had nothing to do with any assaults. He would be someone recognizable to Jacob, his brother and Aaron, as I said, a local whom they would be able to identify. He has a sociopathic, narcissistic personality, and is adept at convincing people he is a great guy. But there are probably many people who recognize him for what he is and avoid him. I think he got out of dodge after the Wetterling abduction but still returns to his old stomping grounds and even mingles with the long time locals. Yes I'm talking about Hollinger. If some highly experienced researchers here had not shown his picture nor discussed him, I would have still been in the dark, talking about my former potential suspects at St. John's. Hollinger continues to interface in different capacities with young men. The great futility in this situation is the destruction and loss of evidence that could have implicated Hollinger. The only way his misdeeds, if he is in fact the perpetrator, will be brought to light will be if locals who knew him decide to speak. And since they haven't in 25 years, and everyone is getting older, I don't hold out much hope that he'll ever be looked at again as a potential suspect in Jacob's abduction. He remains my primary focus for both Jacob and Jared, and I can only hope and pray if he was the perpetrator that someone will yet speak. My last hope is ELOC's book sitting in some of the public libraries in the area. Hollinger was protected, in my opinion, and I am guessing it was because he knew a lot of people in the area and he was a big fish in a little pond. There was such a thing as the good 'ol boy network that might have helped elevate his reputation as a great guy. And by the way, what does the FBI etc etc know? Obviously we will never know and as I mentioned earlier, even the FBI probably could not link Hollinger with either Jared or Jacob if evidence was destroyed. Just my five cents.

Could you reiterate facts about Hollinger so we can have them in one place here?

His daughter was questioned at school. Sure wonder what she thinks.

Hollinger s daughter and Jared's sister were friends. Makes sense why he worried if Jared would recognize him.

Anyone know her ? I sure wonder what she was asked.

He sure has the raspy voice and an unpleasant controlling personality

Was Jared shown him in a line up?

Has Jared discussed him at all?

What's up with that house that was searched in Kerrick, was it?.

Hollinger lived by there or lived there?

He lived in an old church that had been turned into a house. Authorities searched it after he had moved out.

He lived in Richfield, MN at the time of his arrest. He owned 20 acres of property and a mobile home in Moose Lake, MN and his wife owned the property in Kerrick, MN.

He's a killer for sure, but his modus operandi seems to be females. I'm curious as to why others think he might be involved in Jacob's disappearance?

He lived in Richfield, MN at the time of his arrest. He owned 20 acres of property and a mobile home in Moose Lake, MN and his wife owned the property in Kerrick, MN.

He's a killer for sure, but his modus operandi seems to be females. I'm curious as to why others think he might be involved in Jacob's disappearance?

I think you mean Donald Blom and not Hollinger.

I think you mean Donald Blom and not Hollinger.
Sorry, my mistake. In trying to figure out who this 'Hollinger' person is, I came across another forum that stated he was Blom. With the mention of the Kerrick, MN property I figured it must be the same person you guys are referring to.

Back to being in the dark. :eek: I have no idea who is being referenced if it's someone other than Blom.

Sorry, my mistake. In trying to figure out who this 'Hollinger' person is, I came across another forum that stated he was Blom. With the mention of the Kerrick, MN property I figured it must be the same person you guys are referring to.

Back to being in the dark. :eek: I have no idea who is being referenced if it's someone other than Blom.

I think Hollinger is an alter ego. The press and/or police haven't mentioned the man being a suspect or POI. I've been lurking around this forum for a while, and as good a researcher I think I am, I can't find anything on this Hollinger. Yet I've seen posts from people who have heard his voice and know where he worked and lived in the past.

Personally, I think Jacob was taken by someone who hasn't been talked about yet. Could be Hollinger. Could be someone else. I think the current list of POIs have some pretty interesting stuff on them, but my gut is telling me no to all of them. Some might know more than what they're telling, but I don't think any of them committed the act.

If you read ELOC's book It Can't Happen Here, there is info on Hollinger. It is not his real name. It cannot be mentioned on WS because he has never been named a suspect by LE.

His name was on Behind the Pine Curtain and then it was hidden by the author of the website.

Lots of mysteries about this guy.

DPW - David Paul Weiss: Weiss was arrested in St Paul in 1997 for molesting a young boy. He had told the boy about a body hidden at Fort Snelling, and also talked about Jacob Wetterling's abduction to his victim. (Source: 8/14/97 St Cloud Times: http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/DPW_Weiss.jpg)

DPW worked as a paramedic, but also traveled MN as a first aid instructor from 1975 - 1997.

DPW was a member of the "Find A Grave"site, who helped take photos of graves (at Fort Snelling), and he created 2 "virtual cemeteries" online - one to Monks of the California Missions and one to "Monks/priests from St. John's Abbey" - an interesting "coincidence". Once these virtual cemeteries were reported on WS, the links were removed from his find-a-grave site and a new FindAGrave site was created for him.

His photo on his new Find A Grave site: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=95417537

Record: http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/CaseDet...seID=672285551 Case # 62-K2-97-002529

He lived in an old church that had been turned into a house. Authorities searched it after he had moved out.

Is this the church/home located in Bruno-Askov area? There was a minister (he founded the church) who was arrested in 1990 on 1st and 2nd degree criminal sexual assault charges. How do we know Hollinger lived there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back