Alternate (Non-POI) Theories

It just seems like he is the new DR

Hm. For me he is a possibilty for Jared. But I cannot get past the fact that Jared did not ID him.

I am not for him for Jacob.

How about you?

In Pennsylvania, they just arrested a 44 year old CPS worker who won tons of awards and was greatly respected .He had 800 child *advertiser censored* pics on his home computer.

And lets not forget Jared of Subway so who knows about people!

It just seems like he is the new DR

If there is any reason to focus on him, we should focus on him. If it becomes supported by evidence he can get a thread of his own. That's the good thing about having an entire sub forum for Jacob Wetterling - we no longer have to get tetchy when we feel one suspect is taking up too much time.

We can note all potential suspects in here and if anybody reading knows anything about them to add they can add it, whether exculpatory or inculpatory. Or if one potential suspect has so much evidence added here against him, (or her), they can get a separate thread of their own.

If there is any reason to focus on him, we should focus on him. If it becomes supported by evidence he can get a thread of his own. That's the good thing about having an entire sub forum for Jacob Wetterling - we no longer have to get tetchy when we feel one suspect is taking up too much time.

We can note all potential suspects in here and if anybody reading knows anything about them to add they can add it, whether exculpatory or inculpatory. Or if one potential suspect has so much evidence added here against him, (or her), they can get a separate thread of their own.

Great point, I keep going back to Kevin, did he see Hollinger that night and wait many years to come forward? My opinion is like I believe Patty's dr didnt have anything to do with it

Why?

Hollinger is not a local,now, is he?

Whoever it is knew the area in the dark of night. Seems hard to imagine that it is not a local

How about Father Gillespie who is friends with the R family so he probably has been to the R home. Do people invite priests over for lunch and dinner?

He went to the Wetterlings, who are not Catholic, to extend support.

I believe Jerry was Pres of the Chamber of Commerce so he could know the priest that way so it may not be that unusual that Gillespie stopped over to show his concern.

on the other hand, he may have stopped over to see if he could glean info of what was going on.

Concerned this board is focusing too much on Hollinger.

He also has support in the area.

???This thread has been open for a week and Hollinger has been mentioned a handful of times. How is that too much focus?

He needs to be sleuthed more. There are a lot of interesting tidbits about him.

Why can't Hollinger be looked at more? I think he is a viable suspect. Every thing he did was in very close proximity to JW. Why steer away from locals? That doesn't make sense. From the location of the abduction, I'd bet the farm it was a local.

???This thread has been open for a week and Hollinger has been mentioned a handful of times. How is that too much focus?

Could you put some on here so we have them please?

Personally, I think Jacob was taken by someone who hasn't been talked about yet. . Some might know more than what they're telling, but I don't think any of them committed the act.

Besides looking at MF more closely, I would tend to agree that the criminal is someone no one has discussed. (except that the real criminal is/was possibly discussed by the police, who are inexplicably keeping potential suspects and evidence secret 25 years after an unsolved crime....)

Concerned this board is focusing too much on Hollinger.

He also has support in the area.

Unless there is more evidence of Hollinger than is well-documented in ELOC's book, I don't see any point in discussing him either.
What is known is known. The end.

That's fine, I agree we should discuss anyone and everyone.

But you're overlooking another big reason so many of us begged for sub-forums. The same information is repeated over and over again in the old thread, so much so that it is effectively worthless to anyone with new information or a new point of view. If there is something new about Hollinger, great let's hear it. If there is a connection not yet discussed, let's discuss it. If there is nothing new about him, please let's don't serial post ad infinitum the info in ELOC's book.

Great point, I keep going back to Kevin, did he see Hollinger that night and wait many years to come forward?

The unresolved matter of what exactly or who exactly Kevin saw this night is potentially enough to solve this case.

If there is real sleuthing, meaning new information, I agree let's have it.

If there is real sleuthing, meaning new information, I agree let's have it.

RSBM

Agreed. If there is any NEW information on Kevin, that hasn't been repeated over and over, let's have it.

For all we know, the kidnapper could be on here trying to deflect . It has happened before on other cases on WS

I am seeing a lot of frustration (as a new member) here. My feeling is we're out of new ideas, hence the frustration.

I am still curious if anyone has any information about the minister I mentioned previously, who founded a church in Bruno, MN. He was convicted on multiple counts of criminal sexual conduct in 1990. There seems to be a lot of rumors regarding this church, and possibly a link to Hollinger? I'd like to know if I have this right, if Hollinger is somehow linked, and why it's been stated this church was looked at twice by the FBI in relation to Jacob's case.

Also, I'd like to add that I disagree posting old theories/information is detrimental. You might have new members (or someone who doesn't follow the JW case stumble in here) who may give new perspective, or find new information. Even the same members who have been here longer, discussing the same topics, might come to different conclusions after discussing it over and over. It's brainstorming, and in my opinion it's productive and better than threads that go without posts because no one could think up anything new and fresh.

My feeling is the perp was local or had reason to visit St. Joseph enough to know the area well, and there's a good chance it's one of the people we've discussed. But due to the lack of physical evidence, the mask used, the confusion over the tire/foot prints, it's very hard to link any suspects.

I am seeing a lot of frustration (as a new member) here. My feeling is we're out of new ideas, hence the frustration.

I am still curious if anyone has any information about the minister I mentioned previously, who founded a church in Bruno, MN. He was convicted on multiple counts of criminal sexual conduct in 1990. There seems to be a lot of rumors regarding this church, and possibly a link to Hollinger? I'd like to know if I have this right, if Hollinger is somehow linked, and why it's been stated this church was looked at twice by the FBI in relation to Jacob's case.

Is there an article naming this minister? There must be if he was arrested. That whole scenario is a weird one.

I wonder why Hollinger's info was removed from behind the pine curtsin.

I also wonder why he got out of being arrested and why he was able to get his record destroyed. Very troubling to me

Also, I'd like to add that I disagree posting old theories/information is detrimental. You might have new members (or someone who doesn't follow the JW case stumble in here) who may give new perspective, or find new information. Even the same members who have been here longer, discussing the same topics, might come to different conclusions after discussing it over and over. It's brainstorming, and in my opinion it's productive and better than threads that go without posts because no one could think up anything new and fresh.

My feeling is the perp was local or had reason to visit St. Joseph enough to know the area well, and there's a good chance it's one of the people we've discussed. But due to the lack of physical evidence, the mask used, the confusion over the tire/foot prints, it's very hard to link any suspects.

You are so right to me.

This is a real child and learning things over and over is part of caring. New members have given valuable info. People spent hours agonizing over the footprint. Tinner shows how it is Steve Mund's footprint. Wow.

You have come up with lots of never before seen documents. Wow.

JBrown came up with stories and docs about DAH.

Sher has put tons of things in the photobucket.

Chaplain and nmogren always have an insightful remark.

Shay gives a local insight.

SAS always has new thoughts to peruse.

Stink had lots of info re vehicles.

Then there are all of the others who give their personsl insights and feelings which show how things can be thought of in different ways,

I love the fact you want to brainstorm!

Is there an article naming this minister? There must be if he was arrested. That whole scenario is a weird one.

I wonder why Hollinger's info was removed from behind the pine curtsin.

I also wonder why he got out of being arrested and why he was able to get his record destroyed. Very troubling to me
Unfortunately, I was not able to find any articles on his arrest. I do have his court documents.

I'm not sure if the story was never covered, or if it's just so long ago that I'll need to go to a library to find any article that may exist.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lhaithco
Back