Alternate Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, this.
If so was LH abused as a child? in this marriage?
Back to your theory I think this is why she is emotionless. Maybe he threatened to kill Cooper if she blabbed or wouldn't let him sleep around. Codependency.

Sorry, my theories always involve psychological angles. Hard for me to separate them.

Okey, dokey.....alternative theories here ya' go:

Perhaps the toddler wasn't his and it really was LH's idea to have a baby in the first place----RH had low T and the infertility issue was taking it's toll on LH so she has an affair just to get preggers and maybe RH resented this very much??? Maybe this really bothered RH?

On that same note, maybe LH wanted the whole marriage thing all along & coaxed RH into it from the beginning?

Maybe RH has started using recreational drugs lately?

Maybe RH's mother will come out with all of the psychopathic moments she remembers about her son throughout the years?

.....remember, all just alternative thoughts and notions.......

rip CH....you deserved so much better.

Cooper has the same droopy eye as his daddy, Both on the left.

yes, this.
If so was LH abused as a child? in this marriage?
Back to your theory I think this is why she is emotionless. Maybe he threatened to kill Cooper if she blabbed or wouldn't let him sleep around. Codependency.

Sorry, my theories always involve psychological angles. Hard for me to separate them.
Codependency YES! Dysfunctional YES!

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

With Abraham being told to sacrifice his son being brought up at the funeral, I wonder if they were convinced that his dream about CH being with Jesus was a sign that he was being told to sacrifice his son to prove his faith. I believe the leaders of some "churches" could convince their followers to do it, but I'm not suggesting that this guy did. If one, or both, of them really believed it, s/he might convince the other that it had to be done.
MOO

As crazy as that sounds, REALLY? The baby baked in that car. The pastor, for him to even hint... That is the wrong passage! (Unless it was a message to ole RoscoeUA.) I would have punched him. THEN again I would not be acting like her. I would NEVER say I would not bring him back.

Not a topic we can discuss here, but I get a finger nails on a chalkboard feeling when I think of the what ifs.
Speaking about my friend personally, and nothing else! She got involved in a cult back in 1987. She was totally brainwashed in less than a month. Her parents had to pull her out of UGA and admit her somewhere in Tenn for a solid year.
That stuff scares me.

With Abraham being told to sacrifice his son being brought up at the funeral, I wonder if they were convinced that his dream about CH being with Jesus was a sign that he was being told to sacrifice his son to prove his faith. I believe the leaders of some "churches" could convince their followers to do it, but I'm not suggesting that this guy did. If one, or both, of them really believed it, s/he might convince the other that it had to be done.
MOO

Imo, J's dream story was a lie....a lie made to set the scene for what he was about to do to his son.

Thank you Confusion for starting this thread.

What if RH did forget?

He leaves CFA, goes directly to work thinking he dropped Cooper off prior to eating at CFA.

He usually drops Cooper off first, grabs himself something to eat at CFA and then goes to work - His attorney states that's more his routine than the other way around. (CFA, day care, then work). Bringing Cooper to CFA was a specialty, not the norm. So he may have been on an autopilot leaving CFA parking lot rushing to get to work.

With hearing loss to the right ear having low audio of Cooper, driving distraction/heavy traffic needing to concentrate, window may have been down with outside noises drowning his left good ear, radio on volume high - most of all, probably can't wait to meet new hook ups on line. So he parks his car thinking only about his computer and getting on line. He never notices Cooper and the 30 second stall was to make sure window up, radio off, and the computer was all intact. Then goes into work never noticing he forgot Cooper until later in the day as he claims.

Or....the 30 second stall was RH notices Cooper, but sits and contemplates, and rationalizes that Cooper would be fine for a little while. He'll take him to day care at break but before lunch, then goes in to work. RH forgets about him again, because he's tangled with his sexting, movie planning, and making lunch plans with his friends. It's not until he drops the light bulbs off that he realizes he forgot about Cooper, but looks like he is sleeping so RH figures he'll let him rest and leave work early to drop him off at day care. That's why he texts LH his "when are you picking up my buddy" comment. He has to leave work early to beat LH to day care, but he's also going to be late to the movies and let's his friends know.

RH leaves work, gets in suv but because of his loss of smell (side effect from meds), he does not notice anything bad. After driving a distance, thinking Cooper's kind of quiet, he takes a good look behind. See's his color's off and thinks he's choking. Realizes he better get out of the car and check, but dreads what he may look like. Then the reality and horror and shock and all emotions explodes and he snaps.

What have I done - I killed my son. Some one else now is trying cpr. He's off to the side trying to contact LH - Our child is dead, he gets word to her? Maybe the 6min call is someone at day care room 5, trying to listen to all the commotion, but not saying anything? Phone to good ear so he can't hear police telling him to get off the phone, he's all frazzled, tells cop to eff-off. Cop takes phone away disconnecting the call. Now he's hand cuffed and in the police car. He can't understand what's happening, didn't talk to anybody on that call, yet, the one's on the other end knows something bad's happened. LH and day care worker thinks he's still at work parking lot. LH now thinking "he must have left Cooper in the car, it's the only explanation" and meet police at HD parking lot.

At HD parking lot police inform LH Cooper's dead, maybe tell her he's been taken away in ambulance. RH's arrested and at the jail. So she decides to go see RH. They talk, he can't understand what's happening, in his mind he's done nothing wrong, Cooper was ok, can't believe it. Thought maybe he was choking, dreaded how he would look. Thinks he'll loose his job. Says, our son is dead, what have I done, I killed our son. LH says "did you say too much" in reference to RH stating I killed our son?

This is an alternate theory explaining some of the main points.

Yes RH left Cooper in the car all day, but what if it was not intentionally to kill him. It's just that he forgot about him several times through out the day. Checking on him, thinking he's ok, just resting. Making plans to drop off a live Cooper each time, but that too did not go as plan.

my opinion, and all that jazz :moo:

Did they have some weird delusional that he was evil or the world was evil and thought killing him would keep him pure? Andrea Yates had these delusions. Religious delusions due to a psychotic break from reality.
hi,
but but Andrea Yates was a female with postpartum psychosis. Imoo huge difference between that and a man who wants his freedom.

What if RH did forget?

He leaves CFA, goes directly to work thinking he dropped Cooper off prior to eating at CFA.

He usually drops Cooper off first, grabs himself something to eat at CFA and then goes to work - His attorney states that's more his routine than the other way around. (CFA, day care, then work). Bringing Cooper to CFA was a specialty, not the norm. So he may have been on an autopilot leaving CFA parking lot rushing to get to work.

With hearing loss to the right ear having low audio of Cooper, driving distraction/heavy traffic needing to concentrate, window may have been down with outside noises drowning his left good ear, radio on volume high - most of all, probably can't wait to meet new hook ups on line. So he parks his car thinking only about his computer and getting on line. He never notices Cooper and the 30 second stall was to make sure window up, radio off, and the computer was all intact. Then goes into work never noticing he forgot Cooper until later in the day as he claims.

Or....the 30 second stall was RH notices Cooper, but sits and contemplates, and rationalizes that Cooper would be fine for a little while. He'll take him to day care at break but before lunch, then goes in to work. RH forgets about him again, because he's tangled with his sexting, movie planning, and making lunch plans with his friends. It's not until he drops the light bulbs off that he realizes he forgot about Cooper, but looks like he is sleeping so RH figures he'll let him rest and leave work early to drop him off at day care. That's why he texts LH his "when are you picking up my buddy" comment. He has to leave work early to beat LH to day care, but he's also going to be late to the movies and let's his friends know.

RH leaves work, gets in suv but because of his loss of smell (side effect from meds), he does not notice anything bad. After driving a distance, thinking Cooper's kind of quiet, he takes a good look behind. See's his color's off and thinks he's choking. Realizes he better get out of the car and check, but dreads what he may look like. Then the reality and horror and shock and all emotions explodes and he snaps.

What have I done - I killed my son. Some one else now is trying cpr. He's off to the side trying to contact LH - Our child is dead, he gets word to her? Maybe the 6min call is someone at day care room 5, trying to listen to all the commotion, but not saying anything? Phone to good ear so he can't hear police telling him to get off the phone, he's all frazzled, tells cop to eff-off. Cop takes phone away disconnecting the call. Now he's hand cuffed and in the police car. He can't understand what's happening, didn't talk to anybody on that call, yet, the one's on the other end knows something bad's happened. LH and day care worker thinks he's still at work parking lot. LH now thinking "he must have left Cooper in the car, it's the only explanation" and meet police at HD parking lot.

At HD parking lot police inform LH Cooper's dead, maybe tell her he's been taken away in ambulance. RH's arrested and at the jail. So she decides to go see RH. They talk, he can't understand what's happening, in his mind he's done nothing wrong, Cooper was ok, can't believe it. Thought maybe he was choking, dreaded how he would look. Thinks he'll loose his job. Says, our son is dead, what have I done, I killed our son. LH says "did you say too much" in reference to RH stating I killed our son?

Yes RH left Cooper in the car all day, but what if it was not intentionally to kill him. It's just that he forgot about him several times through out the day. Checking on him, thinking he's ok, just resting. Making plans to drop off a live Cooper each time, but that too did not go as plan.

It fits pretty well, but there really doesn't seem to be any way to get around the fact that he was responsible (I doubt if anyone thinks there's even a slim chance of that.) I was also wondering if there was a hospital in the direction he was heading. He may have thought he could get him help in time, but stopped when he couldn't wake him up. Thanks for adding one I hadn't thought of.

I keep thinking about what she said at the funeral about not bring Cooper back even if she could. Did she really convince herself that he would be better off dead? No creepy dad, none of life's evils, just a peaceful eternity in heaven. Maybe RH helped convince her this was true or maybe she convinced him that everyone would be better off. I don't know, that's just what keeps swirling in my head.

Both parents seemed to have really dark thoughts about the world. LH says the world is broken and speaks of how Cooper will never experience any suffering,but she seems to ignore that there is joy to be had in life as well as pain.
I don't know of anyone that truly loves that wouldn't give up everything for just one more minute with a loved one.
It does seem as though it could be some warped thought patterns having to do with religion.
The we have RH with his snuff vids and thinking he needs to kiss Cooper in case he dies in an accident.So much focus on death and dying,especially when it comes to Cooper.
IMO

It fits pretty well, but there really doesn't seem to be any way to get around the fact that he was responsible (I doubt if anyone thinks there's even a slim chance of that.) I was also wondering if there was a hospital in the direction he was heading. He may have thought he could get him help in time, but stopped when he couldn't wake him up. Thanks for adding one I hadn't thought of.
Nope. The Kaiser Permanente doctors building was across the street from his office. He drove AWAY from help.
e5ajabun.jpg

2525 Cumberland Pkwy

BBM: Agree

I thinks he's responsible for leaving him in the car, no doubt.
I know it happens, but I shiver and can't imagine even harming a child, let alone killing a child on purpose.
Just don't understand, why try so hard to have a child, then murder him.

Does not make sense to abuse, neglect, mistreat, or kill any child - so many want a child and can not have them.
Nothing wrong admitting one may not be parent material, and for the welfare of the child let some one else raise and care for them.

btw - not sure if there was a hospital near by, will have to check the map thread.

ETA: I post too slow, thanks gngr~snap for the map.

I know it happens, but I shiver and can't imagine even harming a child, let alone killing a child on purpose.

Does not make sense to abuse, neglect, mistreat, or kill any child - so many want a child and can not have them.
Nothing wrong admitting one may not be parent material, and for the welfare of the child let some one else raise and care for them.

btw - not sure if there was a hospital near by, will have to check the map thread.

There IS a stigma to admitting you can't handle or don't want a child once you have one. And there really is no safe "fix" for it, once the child is past thirty days old in some states. Whereas having a child die in a horrible accident is guaranteed sympathy for life, basically.

ETA: I post too slow, thanks gngr~snap for the map.
I can't get my maps to work. A map of his office with the nearest hospitals would be good. There isn't one anywhere "close"
There is
Kennestone
Cobb General
Piedmont
I think he was literally in the middle of all 3.
*Windy Hill is outpatient surgery, not a hospital per se.

What if RH did forget?

If RH offered this explanation and I were prosecuting, I'd ask the jury to think about the last time they took a toddler to a fast food restaurant....or watched someone with a toddler in a McDonalds or Chik-fila. Or maybe show a few video clips of parents in that situation. I watched a woman with a small girl yesterday in just such a situation. The toddler was under the table at one point, then had to asked to sit and eat, then hopped down and headed off for another table...Mom had to get up and swoop her back to where they were sitting...
There was a tremendous amount of interaction. There HAD to be a high amount of awareness just to get in, eat, help them, leave, put the child back in the car. It's hands on...watching...eyes on that child all the time.

This is not a book or a briefcase...an inanimate object that there is no reciprocal interaction. Your mind has to be focused on where they are, what they are found, etc. It's like playing handball..watching a moving changing object!

Cooper was said to be awake, talking and walking around. I think a few short videos of kids and parents at a fast food restaurant would squash the idea that any parent can "forget" in seconds after so much hands-on interaction.

But even if we were to somehow cross the hurtle...the problem with this theory, IMO, is that these parents say hot car death was "their greatest fear." They researched how long, how hot, etc. How do we reconcile Ross being so casual about leaving his son with the knowledge HE HAS just researched?! He absolutely KNEW how lethal a situation he was leaving Cooper in!

He spent time reading! He watched videos!

He knew the parameters! And supposedly...he and LH had this tremendous fear!

It's hard to reconcile someone who researched and feared...thinking..."oh, I'll just pop back later! Oh, he's just sleeping!"

That research is going to hang this Monster. You can't defend giving your child ten times the normal amount of medicine because you...thought it would be harmless...if you have been reading and watching videos about how high doses causes death!

The problem with all RH's "innocent" scenarios is that it is like we are talking about two different people.,The descriptions that he and LH give of him as the obsessive, researching parent...kissing Cooper because he might die in a wreck, etc....do not match the description of the Doofus who forgets a child in 30 seconds and blows off leaving him in a hot car...with the windows up....while he works.

And...If he knew...surely he'd open the windows. Even for a dog, you'd open the windows!

He wants to be Fabulous Dad and Lethal Ferris Bueller all at once. I don't think that will sell to a jury.

Edited to add....in many hot car cases, there is a caregiver who is on overload of responsibilities...in their personal life and/or work. It's the opposite in this case. How much more of a blow-off job can anyone have...when you can sext all day at work? RH seems to be a man-child with no responsibilities!!!

Look at his day! He lays in bed watching TV, lounging while LH goes to work? He heads to feed his face at Chik-fila. He sexts all morning...breaks for more food. More sexting...and then he would be off to a movie, not home to the family.

He is in a position where he will need to argue that his obsession with photographing his penis to attract underage girls is why, he...the FABULOUS father....forgot his child in 30 seconds and left him to die, scratching his tiny face and banging his baby head in agony...while Daddy sexted.

There IS a stigma to admitting you can't handle or don't want a child once you have one. And there really is no safe "fix" for it, once the child is past thirty days old in some states. Whereas having a child die in a horrible accident is guaranteed sympathy for life, basically.

I accept the fact that people kill for many reasons, small amounts of money, pair of shoes, someone told them to, something told them to - or just got tired of the other being. It could be stranger against stranger, adult to adult, adult to kid, kid to kid, it just makes it worse when it's parent to child.

I accept it. May not like it - but then again who does :moo:

O~snap! He could have argued that he was headed to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital! Dang Roscoe! Too bad that didn't come up. Guess you should have stayed off your phone!

gabuvuba.jpg

We know RH had been talking about a house in a nice neighbourhood with good schools and had been counting on that missed promotion/pay raise to fund his aspirations toward a soccer dad in the burbs status. I'd imagine $27000 would go a good way toward a down payment and closing costs for a house in Georgia - maybe he'd talked himself into believing they could have everything they wanted including more kids (you know you sort of need kids if you're gonna be a soccer dad) if they could just get that insurance money. Hence the foreshadowing dream about Cooper with Jesus, maybe he claimed he had some dreams about hot car deaths too all of which he used to persuade a gullible, ultra-religious LH that it was all preordained.

I don't believe the above btw but I do think the insurance money would have been a factor in premeditation.

You walk away. That's what people who don't want their kids do. They walk away and leave them with someone who wants them.

But, RH cared to much about his image. He didn't want child support. He didn't want to answer questions. He didn't want to start over. He resented Cooper for putting him in that position. And Leanna didn't want Cooper much more than him. He probably justified it in his mind, that it was the best thing for Cooper.

All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member