Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight - General discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is her son?

Michelle lost custody of her son, Joey, shortly before she was abducted by Ariel Castro in 2002. He was conceived when Michelle was gang-raped during high school =( Allegedly, Michelle's mother's boyfriend abused Joey, and that is why she lost custody. We will likely find out more during her interview with Dr. Phil (more info here).

I'm so glad these girls are taking the world by the reins!
I would not have blamed them for hiding away and shying from the spotlight.
I assumed that is what they would do. But to my delight, they are too bada$$ to
be quiet and hide and this has got to help them heal ! Go girls!

I have good feelings about the book for Amanda and Gina. I am glad to know that Mary Jordan is writing it. I think she will be patient with the girls and give them all the time that they need to work through the process. IMO, it will be painful but also healing for them.

One thing I am very happy to see for the girls, is all the people that have stepped up and are giving/have given their time to protect them from the media and public.

but.....

I'm not feeling good about the Dr. Phil show for Michelle. I watched the previews and I was a bit sickened by the feeling I got. It was the music and the graphics they used. Dr. Phil was very blunt and I just got a cold, creepy vibe. I will watch the show and maybe my opinion will change.

Whatever media outlets Michelle chooses to use to tell her story are up to her. I want her to be happy. I just hope that she is not exploited by anyone and doesn't experience any additional pain from it. I hope that she still has good people by her side to protect her and be there for her during her healing process. Michelle went through so much her entire life.

Michelle, Gina and Amanda deserve the best that life has to offer. I hope that each day is filled with joy and happiness for them.

Dr. Phil discussed his Michelle interview with NBC's Kristen Dahlgren on TODAY this morning:

Dr. Phil discusses his interview with Michelle Knight on NBC's TODAY

And here are the previews of Michelle's interview that Dr. Phil has released via YouTube:

Preview of Dr. Phil / Michelle interview - VERSION A

Preview of Dr. Phil / Michelle interview - VERSION B

If you only watch one of these, I suggest Version B (the one in which Michelle talks). Version A is mostly Dr. Phil's reactions to what Michelle is saying. Yeah, the music and graphics are frustrating.... but hopefully the experience was cathartic for Michelle. Not only did Michelle sit down to talk with Dr. Phil in the studio, but they physically went to Seymour Avenue and The Family Dollar (where Michelle was kidnapped).

“I was tied up like a fish, an ornament on the wall; that's the only way I can describe it." - Michelle Knight

Will there be a separate thread for Michelle's interview on Dr Phil? Get out the Kleenex. Just the promo gave me tears.

I plan on watching it. But I feel Dr. Phil exploits everyone for ratings, so I hope he "donated" to all the 4 victims funds. If she has the courage to speak her truth, I have the courage to hear her and will honor her with my time to listen to her courage to survive. And I can't stand Dr.(lol Dr.) Phil.

I plan on watching it. But I feel Dr. Phil exploits everyone for ratings, so I hope he "donated" to all the 4 victims funds. If she has the courage to speak her truth, I have the courage to hear her and will honor her with my time to listen to her courage to survive. And I can't stand Dr.(lol Dr.) Phil.

I've never watched Dr. Phil. Does he not have a PhD? I wish Michelle were appearing on a more credible show, but I will take what I can get. Just happy to hear her speak!

BTW, here is 19 Action News' Scott Taylor talking about Michelle with CNN's Erin Burnett:

Scott Taylor talks to Erin Burnett about Michelle Knight *** AUDIO FIXED ****

What we've learned from Scott Taylor today: Michelle doesn't live in Cleveland (but does live in Ohio) and has officially changed her name (though she still responds to "Michelle").

Video: Dr. Phil talks to CNN's Anderson Cooper about Michelle Knight on AC360°

According to Dr. Phil, when Michelle was chained in the basement, she didn't even have enough slack to lie down, and she had to use a coffee can as a toilet.

We also learn a little more about how Ariel Castro would test the girls. Not only would he leave a door unlocked (as many of us already know), but he also left a padlock holding the chain around Michelle unlocked.

What else? We see a clip of Michelle talking about how Castro would throw money at her. When asked what the significance of Castro's action was, Michelle answered that he was obsessed with prostitutes. When Castro initially kidnapped her, thought she was a 13 year-old prostitute. Upon finding out her true age, he became angry.

Just wanted to consolidate the links I've already posted and share a few new ones:

Clips of Michelle on Dr. Phil:

FIRST DAY IN THE BASEMENT (CLIP 1)

SUICIDE & STRENGTH (CLIP 2)

13 YEAR-OLD PROSTITUTE (CLIP 3)

TIED UP LIKE A FISH (CLIP 4)

Clips of Dr. Phil talking about his interview with Michelle:

ANDERSON COOPER

TODAY SHOW

WKYC CHANNEL 3 NEWS

Other:

WOIO'S SCOTT TAYLOR SHARES NEW INFORMATION ABOUT MICHELLE TO CNN'S ERIN BURNETT

I can never get your links to work for me CKIA, is it because I'm on phone or iPad?

I've never watched Dr. Phil. Does he not have a PhD?

Dr. Phil does have a PhD in clinical psychology. He held a license to practice psychology in good standing until 2006, when he voluntarily chose not to renew it. He has practiced as a therapist in the past. However, his show is classified as "entertainment" now and he claims to have retired from psychology. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500