Amanda Knox found guilty for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Judge Alessandro Nencini's comments

"Yesterday a sick joke was pinned to the front door of the University For Foreigners, where she studied. The mock advertisement offered Miss Kercher's room for rent, stipulating that it had a good view, and that an "English Girl, preferably an Erasmus student" was wanted. The phone number to call was the date of her death, November 1, 2007."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...h-student-had-sex-with-killer-say-police.html

There had been speculation that Amanda wrote the prank note. I am unable to find a photo of it. Did anyone save it?

I'd like to compare it again.

Sent from my iPhone using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, thanks for the link. Hadn't heard that before. Sick!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Judge Alessandro Nencini's comments

"Yesterday a sick joke was pinned to the front door of the University For Foreigners, where she studied. The mock advertisement offered Miss Kercher's room for rent, stipulating that it had a good view, and that an "English Girl, preferably an Erasmus student" was wanted. The phone number to call was the date of her death, November 1, 2007."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...h-student-had-sex-with-killer-say-police.html

There had been speculation that Amanda wrote the prank note. I am unable to find a photo of it. Did anyone save it?

I'd like to compare it again.

Sent from my iPhone using

I know pmf used to have a pic of this for sure. Ill look for it

Found it. Though its in Italian.

http://perugiamurderfile.org/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=23&image_id=1248&sk=t&sd=d&st=0

OK. Maybe Knox turned her phone off in case her boss changed his mind and decided to call her into work (one of her own stories). And S. turned his off ....say, in sympathy.

Throw in, let's say that all the DNA evidence was contaminated and unreliable. Add in, Knox was a frightened innocent babe who did cartwheels at the police station out of nervousness, who didn't understand what was going on, who felt pressured to implicate a completely innocent man and who forgot over the next 2 weeks to retract the accusation.

Also, allow reasonable doubt about time of death.

What's left, the indisputable facts, are enough to find her guilty. The break in was staged. Outside shutters were closed, had to be opened before rock was thrown, involving multiple climbs up and down, not a blade of grass disturbed under the window, and not a single shard of glass to be found outside. Nothing stolen, or collected to be taken afterwards.

Why stage a break in? More important, who benefitted from staging a break in? Who could have done the staging?

The defense didn't dispute the fact of a bloody footprint found on a bathmat in the smaller bathroom. A naked footprint. Guede's footprints wled straight from Meredith's room to the door out. His SHOE prints. He had blood on his shoes. Someone else had to have had blood on their bare feet to have left the print. Who could that be if nobody else entered the house between the time of the murder and the next day?

The evidence of TOD is not based on the contents of Meredith's stomach, it's based on the fact that none of the meal she ate at 6:30 had yet passed from her stomach into the duodenum. In a normal person, passage starts in under 3 hours.

Combine this with other evidence, such as the fact that Meredith was still wearing her jacket and it becomes clear she that she was attacked just after arriving home. We know that Meredith left her friend Robin at about 8:55 pm, from there she walked home alone. She attempted to call her mother at 8:56 pm, but the call failed to connect to the a cell tower. The car park video camera captured her image a couple minutes after 9 pm. She would have entered the cottage about 9:05 pm.

Hey Footwarrior! Nice point about the TOD and the video on RS computer.

But do you think that even if the TOD was 9:30, and a video was started at 9:24; isn't it possible that only one of RS or AK was watching that video. Why is it certain, that both were watching the video?

Also, if TOD is about 9:30 and video places them both in RS' place at 9:24, the walk between RS and MKs room is a few minutes yes? So it still doesn't exclude them from the web of suspicion.

And I would also like your input on the following, if you have some time:
I read (and I may be wrong), that RG's bloody foot prints were wiped clean in the hallway outside MK's room. If that is true, what would be your take on who/how the foot prints were cleaned?

I don't know if this is what you're referring to but ill attempt to answer in case. After the investigators documented the prints with markers and photos, they wiped the footprints away with little clothes and put it in tubes. PS said this was done before Meredith's body was even removed because she felt the prints were delicate in that some were barely visible as it was. This activity can be seen in the crime scene collection video.

I see I was using the wrong words, just clearing up my opinion now: I do not believe police suggested the whole story about Lumumba to her. But they were insisting she had an appointment with him on the evening of the murder (because of her text message). So Knox maybe thought "well, they want to hear about lumumba so hey- maybe that is actually quite a good idea to accuse him as police now seem to think he had something to do with the murder anyway - I should just tell them some story and they will let me go!"
Of course she fabricated a huge story.and accused her boss. But what i tried to say that I see where her later explanation for her lie came from. Police were probaby the first who mentioned Lumumbas name - not knox. Police "suggested" his name to knox and that gave her the idea of accusing him already and thus fabricating a big lie. That is no excuse to lie of course.
I hope I was able to get my point across this time, i find it difficult to express abstract thoughts in english.
I believe she is guilty, but that might not be the truth. only Meredith knows what really happened. I just hope she gets the justice she deserves.

Sent from my LG-E440 using Tapatalk

Police did not introduce Lumumba's name to the discussion. How could they ... they knew nothing about him. Knox admitted during testimony that she introduced his name to the discussion.

I posted the exact quotes from the trial testimony but it was deleted, so I'm not going to waste time in posting it again.

remember i posted a whole page full of photos of hickeys that looked like the mark on amanda's neck, and even aa, IIRC, was surprised as the similarity??

It doesn't matter what the internet says about hickeys. What matter is eye witness testimony regarding the nature of the injury.

Foot -- I thought she was wearing a sweatshirt, not a jacket. But even if it was a jacket....that she had it on doesn't indicate much, IMO. Maybe it was cold in the house. Maybe she took it off then put it back on. Multiple other possibilities exist that are unrelated to time of death. About stomach contents etc....I don't agree that they are conclusive, and given all the other evidence of her guilt, I don't think that lack of definitive evidence is meaningful.

I don't know if this is what you're referring to but ill attempt to answer in case. After the investigators documented the prints with markers and photos, they wiped the footprints away with little clothes and put it in tubes. PS said this was done before Meredith's body was even removed because she felt the prints were delicate in that some were barely visible as it was. This activity can be seen in the crime scene collection video.

Gotcha... thanks for clearing that up for me.

The idea that two young lovers might not want to be disturbed seems to be lost on this crowd.

It is completely lost because neither had ever turned off their phones before, so doing it at the same time during the hours when Knox's roommate was murdered does not have anything to do with the fact that they were young and in love.

Rudy Guede had a serious problem. Clear physical evidence linked him to the murdered victim.

The stories he told to try and explain the evidence give us a clue as to what really happened. Rudy claimed to have been on toilet when a stranger bust through the door, that he fought with the stranger in the kitchen. The fight probably did start in that area, but it was with Meredith. She came home while Rudy was using the toilet. He didn't flush to avoid alerting Meredith to his presence, then tried to sneak out the front door. What Rudy didn't know is that the latch on that door was broken. Meredith would have locked the deadbolt to keep it from blowing open.

Rudy looks for another way out, but runs into Meredith. A short but brutal fight follows, moving into her bedroom. Rudy pulls out a knife and kills the poor girl.

Rudy has blood on his pants and other clothing, his hands are a mess. He goes into the small bathroom to clean up. He takes his shoes off and attempts to rinse the blood from his pants. The footprint on the bath at is from the diluted blood flowing down his leg. Rudy puts his shoes back on and returns to the murder room. He needs Meredith's keys to open the front door. He takes her money, credit card, cell phone and a sweatshirt to cover his bloody shirt. While doing so, he steps in the pooling blood. He locks the bedroom door on his way out, but doesn't lock the front door. He does not want to be seen standing outside the cottage fumbling with keys.

Rudy heads home by a route outside the city walls. Avoiding the basketball courts were he is likely to encounter people that know him. He tries the side gate near his home, but finds it locked. He continues on the path to the next gate, when one of the cell phones gets an incoming message. Realizing the phones link him directly to the dead girl, Rudy tosses them over a wall into what looks like a ravine before continuing home.

Police did not introduce Lumumba's name to the discussion. How could they ... they knew nothing about him. Knox admitted during testimony that she introduced his name to the discussion.

I posted the exact quotes from the trial testimony but it was deleted, so I'm not going to waste time in posting it again.

I got the info from her trial testimony video on youtube (Amanda Knox Trial Testimony, Part 1 English - YouTube). She says that she replied to Lumumbas message "see you later" (in italian)- and that is how police got suspicious about Lumumba, as this means something else in Italian.

As I said before, I just started with this case a couple of days ago and as I have 2 small kids I really cant read all the pages on here.
So much in this case was later rated as not admissable, I might have missed something and thus be wrong of course.

:seeya:

If Meredith died before 9:30 pm, cell phones are irrelevant. The evidence shows a video being started at 9:24 pm at Raffele's apartment.

The assumption that only someone planning a murder would turn off their cell phone is rather strange. I turned mine off yesterday when I walked into the library. Does that make me a considerate person or a diabolical criminal?

The Massei Report states otherwise.

The evidence of TOD is not based on the contents of Meredith's stomach, it's based on the fact that none of the meal she ate at 6:30 had yet passed from her stomach into the duodenum. In a normal person, passage starts in under 3 hours.

Combine this with other evidence, such as the fact that Meredith was still wearing her jacket and it becomes clear she that she was attacked just after arriving home. We know that Meredith left her friend Robin at about 8:55 pm, from there she walked home alone. She attempted to call her mother at 8:56 pm, but the call failed to connect to the a cell tower. The car park video camera captured her image a couple minutes after 9 pm. She would have entered the cottage about 9:05 pm.

It is a known fact that stomach contents, regardless of what is going on with the last meal, cannot be used to determine time of death.

Rudy Guede had a serious problem. Clear physical evidence linked him to the murdered victim.

The stories he told to try and explain the evidence give us a clue as to what really happened. Rudy claimed to have been on toilet when a stranger bust through the door, that he fought with the stranger in the kitchen. The fight probably did start in that area, but it was with Meredith. She came home while Rudy was using the toilet. He didn't flush to avoid alerting Meredith to his presence, then tried to sneak out the front door. What Rudy didn't know is that the latch on that door was broken. Meredith would have locked the deadbolt to keep it from blowing open.

Rudy looks for another way out, but runs into Meredith. A short but brutal fight follows, moving into her bedroom. Rudy pulls out a knife and kills the poor girl.

Rudy has blood on his pants and other clothing, his hands are a mess. He goes into the small bathroom to clean up. He takes his shoes off and attempts to rinse the blood from his pants. The footprint on the bath at is from the diluted blood flowing down his leg. Rudy puts his shoes back on and returns to the murder room. He needs Meredith's keys to open the front door. He takes her money, credit card, cell phone and a sweatshirt to cover his bloody shirt. While doing so, he steps in the pooling blood. He locks the bedroom door on his way out, but doesn't lock the front door. He does not want to be seen standing outside the cottage fumbling with keys.

Rudy heads home by a route outside the city walls. Avoiding the basketball courts were he is likely to encounter people that know him. He tries the side gate near his home, but finds it locked. He continues on the path to the next gate, when one of the cell phones gets an incoming message. Realizing the phones link him directly to the dead girl, Rudy tosses them over a wall into what looks like a ravine before continuing home.

You have the attack at minutes after 9pm. Did RG stay at the cottage for an hour leaving around 10? How long do you think the attack lasted? The phones were still close to the cottage at 10:13, they were not at Lana's at the 10:13 ping, that is clear.

If only there were a real trace of him in that bathroom. There is zero evidence of him attempting to clean himself up in it.
Instead we have evidence Amanda did.

I got the info from her trial testimony video on youtube (Amanda Knox Trial Testimony, Part 1 English - YouTube). She says that she replied to Lumumbas message "see you later" (in italian)- and that is how police got suspicious about Lumumba, as this means something else in Italian.

As I said before, I just started with this case a couple of days ago and as I have 2 small kids I really cant read all the pages on here.
So much in this case was later rated as not admissable, I might have missed something and thus be wrong of course.

:seeya:

Investigators told Knox that it was important to tell the truth. They questioned her about her recent cell phone activity. Knox introduced Patrick's name. Knox, for whatever reason, then told investigators that she met with her boss at the basketball courts, that they went to the cottage and so on until Patrick murdered Meredith.

Essentially, Knox is blaming investigators for her lies about Patrick. She blames them for forcing her to lie because they told her to tell the truth. She claims that only after 53 hours of torture did she implicate Patrick, but that's another lie.

She did everything she could to blame someone else, but she, alone, is responsible for her words, and no amount of new lies can change that.

You have the attack at minutes after 9pm. Did RG stay at the cottage for an hour leaving around 10? How long do you think the attack lasted? The phones were still close to the cottage at 10:13, they were not at Lana's at the 10:13 ping, that is clear.

I thought that the phones pinged in the garden down the road shortly after midnight, when Meredith's father phoned her.

If only there were a real trace of him in that bathroom. There is zero evidence of him attempting to clean himself up in it.
Instead we have evidence Amanda did.

Who originally came up with the story about Guede washing his clothes in the small bathroom? It's been floated around here for a while, but it clearly (IMO) has it's origin somewhere else. Is it from the same source as the conspiracy theory between Postal Police and the Supreme Court?

Quick question. When someone went to the cottage, say from the area that RS lived, would the CCV camera record them? (I believe that CCV is the correct "term") There is footage of Meredith returning to the cottage, footage of RG going to the cottage at least once (I believe it recorded him twice though that night) that night. So then where is the footage of AK and RS going to the cottage? What about them leaving the cottage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth