Amanda Knox New Motivation Report RE: Meredith Kercher Murder #1 *new trial ordered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Mignini saw the scene so clearly in his mind that he was able to describe it to the judge in detail: Meredith on her knees before the wardrobe, Rudy holding her immobile, Raffaele grasping one arm, Amanda in front of her, pricking her throat teasingly with the knife – until the blade in her hand struck home. “To prove it,” he told the judge triumphantly, “the only thing missing was a video camera in the room.” Source
If experts testified to this, they are probably embarrassed, considering Mignini recently suggested Amanda was never even in the room.

No, I’m thinking he used public money to make a video for shock value to sway jurors and then leaked it to the press where it found its way to a Lifetime movie. At the time, he probably thought it was well worth $240,000.

It seems to me that selling the video to a movie producer would be an excellent method for offsetting the cost. It this considered problematic as well?

Dershowitz writes: America's extradition treaty with Italy prohibits the U.S. from extraditing someone who has been "acquitted," which under American law generally means acquitted by a jury at trial. But Ms. Knox was acquitted by an appeals court after having been found guilty at trial. So would her circumstance constitute double jeopardy under American law?​

Dershowitz must not realize that the appeals court that acquitted Amanda also had a jury

Since Knox committed crimes in Italy, why would anyone be concerned about the laws in Syria, Lebanon or the US? The laws of Syria don't apply.

There's no question that the bloody footprint had to be expanded in order to be attributed to Guede.

Wasn't it the Seattle cooking blogger (can't remember the name) that claimed that a room with dimensions of: 12'0" x 11'6" is too small to accommodate four people? I'm surprised that claim is still being entertained.

Those of us who deal with the real world recognize that there wasn't room for four people where Mignini's fantasy video showed them. Nor was there any evidence that indicated anyone besides Meredith and Rudy were in the room when the murder happened.

Those of us who deal with the real world recognize that there wasn't room for four people where Mignini's fantasy video showed them. Nor was there any evidence that indicated anyone besides Meredith and Rudy were in the room when the murder happened.

How is it possible that four people cannot fit into 144 square feet?

How is it possible that four people cannot fit into 144 square feet?

Got me!

My son is 6', my husband is 6'3, I'm 5'5", and I have a greyhound... We all fit comfortably on queen size bed to watch movies. So I see no problem imagining 4 people in 144 square feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are over 7 billion people in the world.

All of us - including you and me - at some time will either act badly, act in someway that others disprove of or do something that some people will think inappropriate.

What does that have to do with anything?????

Again we come back, over and over and over and over again - to the same thing: there is no evidence against Amanda - so it must be her shifty eyes or something that someone doesn't like that makes her a murderer - whether she is or isn't.

There's no reason to argue with that type of thinking. It's not logical, not relevant and it doesn't have anything to do with criminal justice. It's just bashing. ...I personally stopped doing that in the first grade (when my father kicked my butt for it). Sure others still do it - but that's not anyone else's problem but the person who does it.

As for Wendy Murphy, I don't know her, never listened to her, don't read anything she might write, and don't see any relevance to the evidence in this case. If a personality wants to believe that a person is guilty because they say so - well - that's their prerogative. Mine is to care whether an innocent person's life is being destroyed by clearly false allegations.
Great post! Amanda was freed for a reason. She is innocent. When evidence isn't there people look to other things that aren't relevant.

Great post! Amanda was freed for a reason. She is innocent. When evidence isn't there people look to other things that aren't relevant.

That (free and therefore innocent) would certainly be the reasoning behind the fact that Casey Anthony is not in prison, but apparently the Italian legal system is a little more dedicated towards ensuring that people don't get away with murder ... thankfully.

How is AK 'innocent'? She was convicted of a rather horrible crime against Patrick Lumumba and served time for it. He has instigated a civil suit against her. She still has that to deal with too. No wonder they are desperate for money. She is going to have huge debts to pay off. And if the slanderous accusations and re-inventions of the 'story' are proved to be inaccurate as suspected by many people, she might be in a bigger world of trouble than she thinks. No-one is taking so it lightly in Europe, especially the long-suffering Italian public and judiciary, not to mention the horribly exploited Kercher family.

How is AK 'innocent'? She was convicted of a rather horrible crime against Patrick Lumumba and served time for it. He has instigated a civil suit against her. She still has that to deal with too. No wonder they are desperate for money. She is going to have huge debts to pay off. And if the slanderous accusations and re-inventions of the 'story' are proved to be inaccurate as suspected by many people, she might be in a bigger world of trouble than she thinks. No-one is taking so it lightly in Europe, especially the long-suffering Italian public and judiciary, not to mention the horribly exploited Kercher family.

Exactly. She is a criminal that is protected in the US, but given her criminal history, she cannot even cross the border to Canada.

Since Knox committed crimes in Italy, why would anyone be concerned about the laws in Syria, Lebanon or the US? The laws of Syria don't apply.

Italian and US laws apply
Why even bother posting the article written by Dershowitz if you don't agree?
…"America's extradition treaty with Italy prohibits the U.S. from extraditing someone who has been "acquitted," which under American law generally means acquitted by a jury at trial. But Ms. Knox was acquitted by an appeals court after having been found guilty at trial. So would her circumstance constitute double jeopardy under American law?"​
What I was saying, it sounds like he is implying that her appellate court acquittal carries less weight (or doesn’t count) because it wasn’t like the original trial where she was found guilty by a jury.

In my opinion, the way this is written, it’s misleading because in the second trial, there was a jury (a completely new jury and judge); she was exonerated and set free…
AND, remember, this jury (by law) was required to meet some sort of higher education standard.

In other words, the first jury wasn't as smart as the second jury. = )

But even Dershowitz agrees there is an argument for double jeopardy but from what I’ve been reading, an extradition request has to include an affidavit signed by the prosecutor, outlining the facts and procedural history. Also, affidavits signed by witnesses, experts, etc.

Saying she is “weird” and “gives me the willies” isn’t going to fly.

I think if Dershowitz actually bothered to do some reading on this case, learned the facts, etc., he would be saying extradition is off the table; there’s no evidence and the whole thing is absurd!

Italian and US laws apply
Why even bother posting the article written by Dershowitz if you don't agree?
…"America's extradition treaty with Italy prohibits the U.S. from extraditing someone who has been "acquitted," which under American law generally means acquitted by a jury at trial. But Ms. Knox was acquitted by an appeals court after having been found guilty at trial. So would her circumstance constitute double jeopardy under American law?"​
What I was saying, it sounds like he is implying that her appellate court acquittal carries less weight (or doesn’t count) because it wasn’t like the original trial where she was found guilty by a jury.

In my opinion, the way this is written, it’s misleading because in the second trial, there was a jury (a completely new jury and judge); she was exonerated and set free…
AND, remember, this jury (by law) was required to meet some sort of higher education standard.

In other words, the first jury wasn't as smart as the second jury. = )

But even Dershowitz agrees there is an argument for double jeopardy but from what I’ve been reading, an extradition request has to include an affidavit signed by the prosecutor, outlining the facts and procedural history. Also, affidavits signed by witnesses, experts, etc.

Saying she is “weird” and “gives me the willies” isn’t going to fly.

I think if Dershowitz actually bothered to do some reading on this case, learned the facts, etc., he would be saying extradition is off the table; there’s no evidence and the whole thing is absurd!

Knox hasn not been acquitted. She has been convicted of murder in the brutal killing of Meredith Kercher, an erasmus student from England. There was an appeal, and that ruling has been annulled ... wiped from the books. Today, Knox stands convicted of murder and awaiting an appeal of that verdict. She also stands convicted of slander in the disgraceful, false accusations against an innocent man.

Amanda is not a victim. She deliberately made the choice to lie to police, to implicate an innocent man for murder and to attempt to wiggle out of the consequences of her actions. She chose to tell her mother the truth about her lies when she was in prison and they chose to not inform the authorities about the truth.

Amanda Knox is not a nice person. She is a convicted criminal that has spent quality time in prison. Why anyone would want to defend, or support, a convicted criminal is beyond me.

Knox hasn not been acquitted. She has been convicted of murder in the brutal killing of Meredith Kercher, an erasmus student from England. There was an appeal, and that ruling has been annulled ... wiped from the books. Today, Knox stands convicted of murder and awaiting an appeal of that verdict.

Let's stick to the facts: This is not factually true.

The court ruled that, "The process [of appeal] must be repeated." The murder conviction is only provisional, pending an appeal. Things are up in the air as the process goes. You'll have to be patient....

That (free and therefore innocent) would certainly be the reasoning behind the fact that Casey Anthony is not in prison, but apparently the Italian legal system is a little more dedicated towards ensuring that people don't get away with murder ... thankfully.
Casey Anthony is not in prison due to the prosecution overreaching: Had they stuck to the real charges, the jury would have found her guilty.

Let's stick to the facts: This is not factually true.

The court ruled that, "The process [of appeal] must be repeated." The murder conviction is only provisional, pending an appeal. Things are up in the air as the process goes. You'll have to be patient....
If you read the SC report then you get a pretty good idea of what is up in the air. The SC gave strict guidelines. The 3 murderers are known. The upcoming appeal will deal with the dynamics between the 3 and if the murder was premeditated. The acquittal was completely illogical and illegal.

Justice is on the way for Meredith Kercher.

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/index.php?title=Supreme_Court_of_Cassation_2013_Motivations
(in English but not finished yet: http://themurderofmeredithkercher.c..._Supreme_Court_of_Cassation_Motivation_Report)

The time Amanda Knox served in prison was not for crimes against Meredith Kercher. The time was for the crime Amanda Knox committed against bar owner Patrick Lummumba. She was also ordered to pay restitution to him, but so far has not.

If you read the SC report then you get a pretty good idea of what is up in the air. The SC gave strict guidelines. The 3 murderers are known. The upcoming appeal will deal with the dynamics between the 3 and if the murder was premeditated. The acquittal was completely illogical and illegal.

Only for people who don't understand science, evidence and logic.

The Italian Supreme Court just showed once again that Italy has the most dysfunctional legal system in Europe. A court that can look past the actual evidence pointing to the guilt of one man and imagine a bizzarre conspiracy instead.

Only for people who don't understand science, evidence and logic.

The Italian Supreme Court just showed once again that Italy has the most dysfunctional legal system in Europe. A court that can look past the actual evidence pointing to the guilt of one man and imagine a bizzarre conspiracy instead.

i just finished reading both amanda's and raffaele's books... the assumptions, circular "logic", and speculation put forth by mignini to "prove" their guilt is mind-boggling :banghead:

i just finished reading both amanda's and raffaele's books... the assumptions, circular "logic", and speculation put forth by mignini to "prove" their guilt is mind-boggling :banghead:

Both books may cause imminent arrest, because they are not accurate RS has been made to leave Switzerland. It's not looking terribly good for them with the release of the new report from the court.

Both books may cause imminent arrest, because they are not accurate RS has been made to leave Switzerland. It's not looking terribly good for them with the release of the new report from the court.

That's interesting that Switzerland has prevented Sollecito from living and setting up business there. Is that true ... or is he still allowed to live there? I remember reading that anyone that was facing murder charges could be rejected pending the outcome. I also seem to recall that Sollecito somewhat fibbed on his application. Didn't he omit the part about being locked up for murder?

They've been playing with fire since the beginning - taunting the system with: "pretty american girl with influential HR team" cannot be a murderer.

I didn't find the state's case circular. A woman was murdered. When police arrived at the scene, two of the witnesses were "strange". A window was broken from the inside and the victim was behind a locked door. Two of the four bedrooms and both bathrooms contained evidence. There was evidence in the kitchen and the hallway. A lamp was removed from a third bedroom and left behind the locked door. It was apparent that more than one person was involved in the murder based on a number of bloody footprints found at the scene (both cleaned up and on a bathmat). One person was arrested, but the bloody footprint was not similar. Two witnesses changed their story several times, implicated an innocent man and lied repeatedly. They were arrested and convicted of premeditated murder. The appeal was annulled and the conviction is awaiting appeal.

Seems pretty straight forward. People that disagree also argue that the scene of the crime is restricted to the bedroom, and that the absence of evidence means that the culprits are innocent. People usually say that the abscence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milliem