Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first link is to an article published by journalist Kercher. It's not a personal attack. The other links are also not personal attack, they are a review of the case from the perspective of respecting the courts.

journalist, and dad, JK. so, yes, it was by family, and yes, it was a personal attack against amanda. but, of course, some won't see it as such. (even though the headline mentions "attack").

the other two links contain more statements from JK, about amanda.

You mean the kitchen knife? I agree with you! I don't think that knife was ever at the scene of the crime, except and unless the incestigators brought it there.
Meredith's DNA on the tip proves otherwise. The top half of the knife is compatible with the major wound. It is compatible with the print on the bed. We have seen a high resolution pic that shows the top half of the knife was scrubbed. We have Knox's DNA on a strange position on that knife. We have seen both Sollecito and Knox making strange remarks about the knife. The 'funny' thing about the prosecutions case is that all the evidence does not stand by itself but it all connects together. One thing supports another. JMO.

journalist, and dad, JK. so, yes, it was by family, and yes, it was a personal attack against amanda. but, of course, some won't see it as such. (even though the headline mentions "attack").

the other two links contain more statements from JK, about amanda.

Many other journalists reported the exact same updates on the case as John Kercher, journalist. His personal knowledge of the case probably made it easier to report succinctly. Knox should not take it personally because the journalist happens to be the father of the victim.

Is this related to Knox's recent display of disrespect towards the Kercher family? She seems particularly angry with their lawyer. Is she also angry that John Kercher, journalist, published an update on the case that was unfavorable towards her? Murder suspects shouldn't attempt to develop such an, how do you say it, in your face, relationship with opposing lawyers.

as no source was provided for the alleged "i want to get on with my life" quote asserted to have occurred shortly after the murder, i found this, said about her, after her acquittal:

Today Mr Dalla Vedova said: 'I spoke with her briefly. She was a bit worried about going through immigration and although her passport was valid she was still a little anxious as she was held in the airport police station for paperwork procedures.

She was calm, serene and looking forward to going home and just spending time with her friends and family. She wants to get on with her life.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Italian-court-quashes-murder-conviction.html

there are many comments under her blog that support/encourage her decision to "stand her ground" w/ regard to her blog. why delete a few and not all? why delete comments made by your friend and wife of one of your biggest supporters (steve moore)?

we have been repeatedly asked to link to facts. this "fact" cannot be linked.

It is a good idea to advise a convicted murderer to stand her ground and make demands of the family of the victim?

as no source was provided for the alleged "i want to get on with my life" quote asserted to have occurred shortly after the murder, i found this, said about her, after her acquittal:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Italian-court-quashes-murder-conviction.html

There is an earlier quote. I wasn't able to find it today, but I looked. Knox is asked something about the murder and she responded with something about having only known Meredith for a month and needing to get on with her life ... perhaps along the lines of I sympathize with the family but I have my own problems. It was maybe at the same time that she was being asked why she had not yet offered condolences to the family.

Is it possible that Edda, rather than Knox, said something like this during the interviews prior to the verdict of guilty? Could I remember it from an interview with Edda Mellas about her daughter where Edda quoted Knox? She gave several interviews between the testimony and the verdict, many of them as a worried mother hoping that an appeal would reverse the inevitable. Then again, she may have said it when she was testifying.

The appeal did reverse the decision, which is common enough that Edda was aware of the practice.

Reminders:
* if you have a problem with a post use the ALERT BUTTON (do not respond)

* use thumbnails for graphic crime scene photos

* copying and pasting verbatim from opinion sites or from blogs is not allowed

* linking to forums is not allowed

* treat opposing views respectfully
-Refrain from personalizing, name calling, mocking, or posting broad negative characterizations of opposing views

* add a link to all photos (including thumbnails) or facts

I am bumping this up because it appears several rules listed have been forgotten. I am also going to request not to discuss other members here on the public board.

Context is important. Knox pretends that she was a friend to Meredith.

Have we so quickly forgotten that when Meredith's friend said that she hoped Meredith didn't suffrer, Knox only said "she f-ing bled to death" (Robyn Butterworth). She wrote in her diary, while at the police station on Nov 2, that it didn't seem quite right to say that she could kill for a pizza.

“My daughter was a student with Meredith in Perugia. They went out together on Halloween. When Amanda Knox was asked how she felt on November 2, she said: “S*** happens”, which contrasts rather sharply with the rather contrived way she addressed the Italian court about “my friend Meredith”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/amanda-knox-crying-crocodile-tears-436880

If someone has hours of extra time, they could fill pages with the unfriendly remarks made by Knox, remarks that echo the cruel disregard for others seen recently - such as the refusal to respect the Kercher family wishes unless them met her demands.

Just to add to this. She kept it a little cleaner in her testimony but still showed a major disconnect from her friend.
<modsnip>

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/Amanda_Knox's_Testimony

So yes you get all the thoughtless remarks made to others and this in her testimony. IMO this is not how you convince people of your feelings.

Sorry I've had alot going on since seeing your post asking but I have sourced it after trying to remember where I had read it.

Again sorry I wasn't trying to avoid providing the source.

Although I believe she said something similar to the British friends.

Just to add to this. She kept it a little cleaner in her testimony but still showed a major disconnect from her friend.

<modsnip>

So yes you get all the thoughtless remarks made to others and this in her testimony. IMO this is not how you convince people of your feelings.

Amanda Knox (trial transcript)
<modsnip>

Thank you for finding this link.

For all those that are fluent in Italian, all the trial testimony videos are also linked at the bottom of the page

<modsnip>

thank you IE for the "find" button lol

so she was asked in court (not shortly after the murder) if she thought about MK in her daily life? and she responded she does think about MK, but she is trying to get on with her life?

i don't see "thoughtless"... i see an honest answer. isn't that expected while on the stand?

Sorry I've had alot going on since seeing your post asking but I have sourced it after trying to remember where I had read it.

Again sorry I wasn't trying to avoid providing the source.

Although I believe she said something similar to the British friends.

i never thought that. it's a busy time of year. no worries. and thank you for finding it :)

Yes she did.

^That's what a straight answer looks like - so I will ask for the fourth time, is there a requirement under Italian law to arrest someone before you check their alibi?

If the answer is no, then Amanda's accusation does not excuse the Perugia police from arresting Patrick, because we all know he had a solid alibi.

And I gave you a straight answer in one of my posts - I said I don't know. I believe it was the second line in one of my posts reply to you.

so she was asked if she thought about MK in her daily life? and she responded she does think about MK, but she is trying to get on with her life?

i don't see "thoughtless"... i see an honest answer. isn't that expected while on the stand?

i never thought that. it's a busy time of year. no worries :)

Apparently Knox stated in her testimony that she had only known Meredith for a month and that she would get on with her life. Remember the f-ing bled to death comment?

It's not all that different from Sollecito writing in his diary on November 7 that he was amused that Meredith was wearing jeans from her ex-boyfriend from England on the day she was murdered.

Ref: Sollecito's Diary
Translation:
http://www.perugiamurderfile.org/download/file.php?id=2333&sid=66e1a8463fe8736f47d90d536e662b3f

thank you IE for the "find" button lol

so she was asked if she thought about MK in her daily life? and she responded she does think about MK, but she is trying to get on with her life?

i never thought that. it's a busy time of year. no worries. and thank you for finding it :)

Well actually I did more than provide a "find" button but it was snipped because I broke the rules I did not know I had.

I actually waded through that testimony to find and provide the actual text.

Anyways I figured we "see" her answer differently but she said it none the less.

And I gave you a straight answer in one of my posts - I said I don't know. I believe it was the second line in one of my posts reply to you.

Thanks for bringing such a fresh outlook to this case.

Well actually I did more than provide a "find" button but it was snipped because I broke the rules I did not know I had.

I actually waded through that testimony to find and provide the actual text.

Anyways I figured we "see" her answer differently but she said it none the less.

It takes a huge amount of time to wade through the testimony looking for information that is requested. Thank for confirming that Knox did make that remark, supporting the position that Knox may not have been as friendly with Meredith as she claims.

The case being discussed in that profiler's description of a personality type was Scott Peterson. Not Amanda Knox, and not "one or another convicted murderer", just Scott Peterson.

The link you posted was completely irrelevant to this case and lent no authority whatsoever to your own opinion of Amanda Knox. I'm glad you clarified that in a previous post, and I'm sure the decision to post that link was just an innocent mistake in the first place.

I don't mean to harp on this point - but the last time I checked, we can discuss something related to the case. And Otto was discussing an opinion he had regarding Amanda and her psychology when trying to understand her actions from the guilty viewpoint.

All one had to do was click on the link. He did not quote numerous snippets of the article without providing a link....he quoted one part, and he posted the entire link. Anyone could click on it and read the article.

Forgive me, but I think we are getting a bit too technical on this thread at this point. So some people perceived something from Otto's post...so is his post going to be read out loud in the court in the Amanda Knox case? Is it going to be distributed to the media?

The ones reading his post are mostly us on this forum. He was not trying to mislead and say some FBI profiler said Amanda specifically is psychopathic, and even if some interpreted that way, just simply clicking on the link would have cleared up the misunderstanding.

It's not like that post is going to be on the front page of a major newspaper tomorrow.

I honestly think we are taking the technicalities too far, and it may make some not willing to be able to express themselves freely or be part of the discussion.

JMO.

I don't mean to harp on this point - but the last time I checked, we can discuss something related to the case. And Otto was discussing an opinion he had regarding Amanda and her psychology when trying to understand her actions from the guilty viewpoint.

All one had to do was click on the link. He did not quote numerous snippets of the article without providing a link....he quoted one part, and he posted the entire link. Anyone could click on it and read the article.

Forgive me, but I think we are getting a bit too technical on this thread at this point. So some people perceived something from Otto's post...so is his post going to be read out loud in the court in the Amanda Knox case? Is it going to be distributed to the media?

The ones reading his post are mostly us on this forum. He was not trying to mislead and say some FBI profiler said Amanda specifically is psychopathic, and even if some interpreted that way, just simply clicking on the link would have cleared up the misunderstanding.

It's not like that post is going to be on the front page of a major newspaper tomorrow.

I honestly think we are taking the technicalities too far, and it may make some not willing to be able to express themselves freely or be part of the discussion.

JMO.

I was not suggesting that an FBI profiler had labelled Knox's personality. Instead, I quote an FBI profiler's description of a personality type and linked that in a comment I made.

Weird how things can be so confusing on a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea