*Amber's Remains Found* Sheriffs Department Press Conference 3/7/10 - 3:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out this afternoon. I didn't get home until after 4:00. Since then, I've been trying to catch up on the news and all the posts here. So incredibly sad. I just watched the video with Mo and Carrie. Just started sobbing... Absolutely shattered thinking about this sweet little girl walking to school, excited about her lamb and seeing her friends. There just HAS to be justice for Amber!!

holy freaking crap! I am just beyond thinking!! I am having serious *thud* moments over this entire thing. to find her remains so close to the time that 'g' was arrested for Chelsea.. well... I can only guess that he provided the said 'tip' to such a remote area.

Rest easy now Amber because they will put this away forever. i can see you up in heaven playing with a little, fluffy, white, and innocent lamb... the one you never got to buy that day.

I am seriously heartbroken for her family.

From the very beginning, I have been following Amber's 'case'. I have prayed, daily, for her safe return. I have lit too many virtual candles to count.

Until Chelsea King 'went missing', I had held out hope that Amber was alive. For some reason, I felt so close to Amber, I was sure she was alive, but being held against her will.

This news is more than sad.

I am relieved that Amber's family finally have the answers, but this is just beyond sad.

Bless your heart, precious Amber. May you rest in peace and may your loving family and friends find comfort and solace.

We are so glad there will be justice for you. You will always be remembered.

SoCalSleuth, I'm not sure what you might find on those hills we were talking about, but let me know what you find if you decide to take a look some day. Glad Amber's body has been found. May their family heal.

Thanks for your willingness to look.

:clink

Just to let you know, the entire area up there (which we down here in the city refer to as 'the mountains"), looks exactly the same--Escondido, RB, Poway,Fallbrook, Pala--it all looks the same. You can see Lake Henshaw from the most rugged parts of Pala-- and off of the main road--I know because I trespassed across a cow ranch to take pictures there two weeks ago for my B&W film class and my boyfriend hunts up there and took me to a spot where he watches the sunrise over the lake from the area--so you may very well have been describing where she was-- we will have to wait and see. As an aside, this place is so vast and remote there is no way they could have found her outside of someone telling them exactly where she was.

I am relieved for Amber's famiIy that this part of their ordeal is over.

But I am so furious. You know either way, JAG or a different perp, another girl was murdered in order to find Amber. They weren't paying attention. The cops involved should be disciplined for how they handled Amber's disappearance.

Absolutely heartbreaking. :( I don't even know what to say.

Rest in peace Amber. :rose: You WILL get justice.

Hi KaylynnCouture,

Thank you for your kind words and welcome when I first started posting here (on Chelsea's thread).

I too believe there will be justice for our Amber. I don't know if she trusted the wrong person she met online or if the suspect in Chelsea's case lead them to her remains. However, I am so thankful her family finally knows the truth about their daughter. I never believed she was a runaway and was furious the authorities did not seem to give her case the attention she deserved.

Kelly

KUSI:

News at 6:

The press tried to remain respectful when there because of Amber's family, BUT they pushed the sheriff as he walked out to his car and he said, "Look, I can't tell you more right now, but you will soon be finding out more than I can tell you now." That was in response to persistent questions about whether this was tied to JAG.

Thanks for the info, SoCalSleuth. Best wishes in the rest of what
you decide to do.

Your willingness to look is appreciated. :)

Hinting from a lawyer that it may have come out of questioning PRIOR to the court date (meaning early on last Sunday/Monday) with JAG, prior to him beginning to refuse questioning.

Saying that this is a very "obscure" place Amber was found, and that the number of people that would know it and where it was and pinpoint it and it just came out now is unlikely.

Saying the questioning once JAG had his attorney wouldn't have allowed questions about Amber to continue, and that's why he believes the info came out prior to Wed.

FBI has jurisdiction because it was in the area of the Pala reservation.

Just to let you know, the entire area up there (which we down here in the city refer to as 'the mountains"), looks exactly the same--Escondido, RB, Poway,Fallbrook, Pala--it all looks the same. You can see Lake Henshaw from the most rugged parts of Pala-- and off of the main road--I know because I trespassed across a cow ranch to take pictures there two weeks ago for my B&W film class and my boyfriend hunts up there and took me to a spot where he watches the sunrise over the lake from the area--so you may very well have been describing where she was-- we will have to wait and see. As an aside, this place is so vast and remote there is no way they could have found her outside of someone telling them exactly where she was.

That needs to be underscored for people who don't know this area!

Dubois tip didn't come from Gardner, source says
P.I. says the accused killer of Chelsea King didn't lead authorities to Amber's remains

Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 5:58 p.m.
<snipped>
Accused killer John Albert Gardner III had nothing to do with the tip that led law enforcement to Amber Dubois’ remains, according to a local private investigator who worked on the case.

Bill Garcia, hired by Amber’s family shortly after she disappeared, said he was told by a person with first-hand knowledge that the tip about the location of the remains did not come from Gardner, who was charged Wednesday with the rape and murder of Chelsea King, 17, of Poway. “The entire Chelsea King event emotionally pulled at somebody who had this information,” Garcia said. “They’ve seen the community in a lot of pain. Someone who had been afraid to say something finally came forward.”

Garcia said he’s long suspected Amber's body might be found in the Pala area, because any abductor would have wanted to get away from high-traffic areas quickly, and rural routes out of Escondido lead to the Pauma Valley. “We’ve spent a lot of time in the past year, working that canyon,” Garcia said. “You put yourself in the mindset of someone who would perpetrate this crime, and all the indicators point in that direction. It’s no mystery to me that’s where she was found.” He said his “suspicion” is that the remains were found in the northeast corner of the Pala reservation, “in an area that is difficult to get into and an area we have not searched.”

People.com initially reported that a hiker had stumbled on the remains, but a law enforcement source told The San Diego Union-Tribune that is not correct. People.com removed the reference in later versions of its story.

Article:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/dubois-tip-didnt-come-gardner-source-says/

:angel:

KTLA in Los Angeles will be reporting on other cases that may be related to JAG tonight on their 10 o'clock newscast. :(

Absolutlely shocked...While I am so hapy there is time for closure I am still disappointed that she wasntfound earlier as i believe if they had acted properly (LE) she would have been. RIP Amber fly away now to aplace where only happy things happen! A place with all the lambs to take care of you could dream about.

Dubois tip didn't come from Gardner, source says
P.I. says the accused killer of Chelsea King didn't lead authorities to Amber's remains

Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 5:58 p.m.
<snipped>
Accused killer John Albert Gardner III had nothing to do with the tip that led law enforcement to Amber Dubois’ remains, according to a local private investigator who worked on the case.

Bill Garcia, hired by Amber’s family shortly after she disappeared, said he was told by a person with first-hand knowledge that the tip about the location of the remains did not come from Gardner, who was charged Wednesday with the rape and murder of Chelsea King, 17, of Poway. “The entire Chelsea King event emotionally pulled at somebody who had this information,” Garcia said. “They’ve seen the community in a lot of pain. Someone who had been afraid to say something finally came forward.”

Garcia said he’s long suspected Amber's body might be found in the Pala area, because any abductor would have wanted to get away from high-traffic areas quickly, and rural routes out of Escondido lead to the Pauma Valley. “We’ve spent a lot of time in the past year, working that canyon,” Garcia said. “You put yourself in the mindset of someone who would perpetrate this crime, and all the indicators point in that direction. It’s no mystery to me that’s where she was found.” He said his “suspicion” is that the remains were found in the northeast corner of the Pala reservation, “in an area that is difficult to get into and an area we have not searched.”

People.com initially reported that a hiker had stumbled on the remains, but a law enforcement source told The San Diego Union-Tribune that is not correct. People.com removed the reference in later versions of its story.

Article:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/07/dubois-tip-didnt-come-gardner-source-says/

:angel:

If it didn't come from Gardner, my guess is the Escondido PD was feeling the heat after all that was done from the moment Chelsea went missing and all they had refused to do for Amber.

He may not have made a plea. They may have just felt pressured to step up their game and get some answers to deflect all the criticism.

I hope for their sake this isn't connected. Otherwise, they're in deep trouble and have a lot of explaining to do since they are just now following up on a tip that didn't come from JAG.

If it didn't come from Gardner, my guess is the Escondido PD was feeling the heat after all that was done from the moment Chelsea went missing and all they had refused to do for Amber.

He may not have made a plea. They may have just felt pressured to step up their game and get some answers to deflect all the criticism.

I hope for their sake this isn't connected. Otherwise, they're in deep trouble and have a lot of explaining to do since they are just now following up on a tip that didn't come from JAG.

The tip is obviously recent. Someone who saw Chelsea's King case appears to have come forward with the info.
"&#8220;The entire Chelsea King event emotionally pulled at somebody who had this information,&#8221; Garcia said. &#8220;They&#8217;ve seen the community in a lot of pain. Someone who had been afraid to say something finally came forward.&#8221;"

If it's not JAG, then my guess is that it was either a member of the tribe, a migrant worker (they are all over the place up there and many illegals live in that canyon and cross over from the surrounding areas) or a hunter. BTW, the google map of the area doesn't do justice to the Pala Indian Reservation--it is much larger than the area showing on the map. When we were driving around the area 2 weeks ago, there was one point where Lake Henshaw was on the right, right next to us, and part of the Indian reservation was on the left. Can't really tell that from the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror