Americans too fat for Xrays & Scans

Peter Hamilton said:
a fast food junkie,he drives up to the window for all of his meals--very sad but increasingly typical in this day and age
When my driver's side power window broke, I didn't get it fixed - expressly because I wanted it to be a pain in the butt to get fast food.

A friend of mine who is very large had a burst appendix a few years ago. She is aroung 450lb and almost died. Diagnosing was very difficult but the biggest problem Doctors had was determining the right dosage on medications. Pain meds , antibiotics and even the anastectic(sp)

Marthatex said:
Why should he be poor? He trained 9 years after college; and was quite poor then and worked 100 hour weeks.

No, medical and hospital bills aren't low. But the fact is that at this time doctors are not being reimbursed well by insurance companies. Many are having trouble keeping their doors open, especially family practice doctors. They have employees, rent, malpractice insurance before they can take home pay. They have to save their own retirement and health insurance.

Medical care is a problem these days, but don't just blame the doctors. We'll be lucky to even see one in a few years, because there aren't going to be as many.
So true. I do not think doctors are overpaid. They have so much responsibility and the education is very expensive. My nephew is in med school. We have many nurses and a PA in the family. Although I could never work in the medical field, I have a great deal of respect for those who do.

ljwf22 said:
So true. I do not think doctors are overpaid. They have so much responsibility and the education is very expensive. My nephew is in med school. We have many nurses and a PA in the family. Although I could never work in the medical field, I have a great deal of respect for those who do.

I've been in hospitals and nursing homes alot lately with my father dying and my mother broke her hip and is demented.

All I can say is nurses and alot of other medical workers are saints.

I work in the Wound Healing Clinic in our local hospital....my job is mail, computer, phones, etc....the doctor tells all Im his assistant (hah). Its a crime that the insurance companies send him checks of $3 and $4, we joke with him that at least he has gas money to come back in the morning. This is a doctor that is overly gualified for the job that he is doing with us, but he wanted to slow down and semi retire.

We also see more than our fair share of obese patients, most are diabetic with open wounds that wont heal, and our tax and insurance monies are paying for this. Many of these patients would not be diabetic if they watched their weight.

You cannot imagine the cost of clearing up these wounds and we at the clinic are appalled that patients will not do what the Dr. says....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back