An interesting AP article on Pres. Bush

Linda7NJ said:
I've read many many times that many "great" politicians ARE psychopaths and fit the DSM criteria.

NOTE** I am not saying Bush is a "great" president

What is DSM?

That's exactly how I felt about our President. It just happened to be the President during the years 1993-2000, but it most surely was the same feeling/obsevation/opinion. In fact, it's safe to say I feel the same way about that same certain President's hormonally imbalanced, psychologically challenged wife.

So, I can understand your pain.

Dark Knight said:
I dunno. I'll get slammed for this, but honestly Bush shows the symptoms of a sociopath, in that he doesn't seem to have any empathy or concern for others, only his own wants and desires. He was sluggish responding to 9/11, he has been here, as well. It isn't until people tell him how he should act that he is able to mimic the "proper" reponse, several days or weeks later. His interviews have been inappropriate, as well, in his comments and the way he acted. Laughing, smirking, joking, etc. The evidence now seems overwhelming that there are some psychological issues that govern his behavior. He just doesn't care about anyone else besides himself, and doesn't understand people's concerns or plight. It's all about him.

KrazyKollector said:
That's exactly how I felt about our President. It just happened to be the President during the years 1993-2000, but it most surely was the same feeling/obsevation/opinion. In fact, it's safe to say I feel the same way about that same certain President's hormonally imbalanced, psychologically challenged wife.

So, I can understand your pain.
I must say that I totally agree with you! I think President Bush is a sincere man who tends to be on the reserved and quiet side. He seems to me to be deeply affected by this and other tragedies.

Linda7NJ said:
I've read many many times that many "great" politicians ARE psychopaths and fit the DSM criteria.

NOTE** I am not saying Bush is a "great" president
I guess when you think about it, anyone who thinks they can be the most powerful person in the world has to be a little nuts, lol!

nanandjim said:
I must say that I totally agree with you! I think President Bush is a sincere man who tends to be on the reserved and quiet side. He seems to me to be deeply affected by this and other tragedies.

Nan, you may be right about how the President feels. I can't see into his heart; I can only judge his actions (or lately lack thereof).

But NObody who knows the man has ever described him as "reserved" or "quiet." This is the frat boy who used to get drunk and dance naked on tables. (And I don't care if he did, but he ain't shy.)

nanandjim said:

Deeply affected is just not the point, sorry. Leading is.

Compare his intelligence, composure, quick action and proper priorities to those of Tony Blair in crisis. There is all the difference in the world.

They made mistakes too, but they are showing the terrorists they'd better not mess around any more. Look how their police reacted - tough.

Of course we're larger, but we simply do not have a conglomeration of GREAT LEADERS. It's the good ole' boy club - that won't work in times like these.

We're in danger now, because the terrorists see how we cannot handle things and are totally vulnerable. We'd better get it fixed up FAST.

P.S. Concerned, or whomever posted it - Dara - I feel like I am reading the Twilight Zone. Or a Comedy of Errors

It would be funny if it were not so tragic - all these lost lives, children, older people in hospitals.

Dark Knight!!!!! Exactly. I even posted on another thread that H.W. and Barbara reminded me of Jackie and Lee up their protecting their son and saying "isn't it so wonderful....", no one really knew about the dikes... yeah yeah we shouldn't blame anyone" (because it would be their son) among others.

I agree with you, his "attempt" to show empathy is just plain fake. A little too late, sorry. His ridiculous photo ops, even with a guitar show how he is interested only in himself. Clueless about what's happening. I think he is burned out from the Iraq war, frankly, and trying to defend it. It kind of wears down on you to keep pretending and pretending and saying the same things and not thinking.

Donald Trump: YOUR FIRED

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back