Analyzing the Ramsey family

@angelevie I find your theory interesting and plausible. Just leaves the question of who was abusing JonBenét?

My theory is that JR was abusing JonBenét ongoing for a while and PR knew about it. I think JonBenét was becoming more mature in her looks and the way she acted. She wanted to please her parents. I think that night JR woke JonBenét and after the abuse Patsy was enraged. Enraged at JonBenét. She blamed her for it. In her mind, JonBenét flirted with JR. I think PR killed JonBenét out of jealousy and then the two parents agreed to cover it up together. Because PR was guilty for murder and JR was guilty of child molestation. BR was none the wiser. A theory with some holes I’m sure.
first of all, the Ramsey family was rich and they lived in a well-off neighborhood in what is akin to a mini-mansion and the children attended private schools. boulder, co is a quaint community of upper-class white families with perfect homes, perfect couples, and perfect kids. the Ramsey family fits this narrative to a T, save for Burke, and let me tell you why.

first of all, the Ramsey family was rich and they lived in a well-off neighborhood in what is akin to a mini-mansion and the children attended private schools. boulder, co is a quaint community of upper-class white families with perfect homes, perfect couples, and perfect kids. the Ramsey family fits this narrative to a T, save for Burke, and let me tell you why.

Nothing like a good cliff hanger lol

hi UKGuy, love this insight! thank you!
I never felt that Burke had autism. obviously, we don't know everything about Burke or autism even, but from what we do know I've just never connected those things. he seems to be very aware of reality, just not interested in it, which is more in line with asperger's.

it is my feeling that Patsy may have had trouble bonding with Burke as an infant. this initial bonding period between mother and child is very important to a child's development. usually it is because of the mother — Patsy may have had post-partum depression, or simply be frustrated with her sudden responsibility to someone who isn't her. Patsy is very self-absorbed — she wants to do what she wants to do. a baby throws a wrench in that. however, it can also be because of the child... if Burke does have some mental issues, that could have been with him even in early childhood. he might have ended up colicky or cry a lot, not be cuddly or reach for his mother, which can be upsetting to a mom. children who become sociopathic or psychopathic are always sited as lacking a physical + emotional bonding phase with their mother in the first 2 years of life. I don't think Patsy is very physical and I don't think she likes getting dirty, and kids are... well, dirty, at times. a nanny was introduced fairly quickly, I imagine, to keep Patsy sane. Burke likely didn't spend a lot of time with his mother which forged distance between them.

additionally, Burke is a boy. he is quiet and takes more after his father in interests and personality. he doesn't resemble Patsy really at all. narcissistic people have difficulty relating and connecting with people who aren't like them, and I believe thats the case with Patsy with Burke vs. Patsy with JonBenét. Patsy passed off Burke to John in her mind, even before JonBenét was born. and then, of course, JonBenét was a mini Patsy. Burke was just Patsy's kid. I think in terms of emotional attachment and parenting, Patsy was the same with both kids: I think she viewed the responsibility as tiring and beneath her at times. JonBenét was just more "fun" for Patsy and had the benefit of possessing a personality and interests that Patsy had, which satiated Patsy's need to be emulated and feel superior as a narcissistic individual. I'm sure Patsy rewarded JonBenét with her affection a lot more than Burke, because JonBenét did things she liked and that represented herself and Burke didn't really. Burke was an after-thought for Patsy because she didn't feel anything in common with him, and instead of conforming to what her child needed, she stuck with what she wanted. lots of parents do this, sadly.

if you read Patsy's memoirs about her daughter, she refers to her very selfishly — "she wanted to wear evening gowns, just like mommy", + using words of possession such as "my child" or "my daughter" instead of saying her name. I also think it's telling that JonBenét Patricia was named after her parents John Bennett and Patricia, whereas Burke is just Burke... with no obvious connection aside from the shared surname.

Patsy's disinterest in Burke during his initial years probably contributed to his quiet and reserved nature. he learned to be by himself and therefore didn't express himself. JonBenét comes along, and he sees something different. in someone with personality traits like Burke jealousy might end up reading as disapproval. he may have developed an ego due to low self-esteem influenced by a lack of attention and encouragement from his parents. by the time JonBenét was born, Patsy and John had become more accepting and used to their role as parents, and were more engaged with their daughter in her formative years. Burke and JonBenét were raised with different levels of engagement from their parents and I don't think many people dispute that, despite not being proven.
I have long felt Aspergers was part of Burkes make up. If I remember correctly, he was a very advanced voracious reader. A lot of Asperger behaviors can appear quite normal. It's when you see them clustered together that your antenna goes up. In the interviews he had with the psychologist and detective , some things I observed was him correcting an adult with a more literal answer, drawing the picture without JBR in it. Again literal, factual information not necessarily callus. He got in the psychologists face very aggressively who was a previously unknown adult when she sipped off his soda.
The constant moving in the interview. ADHD or anxiety?
Autism comorbidities- ADHD(impulsivity, rule breaking behavior, risk taking behavior), OCD, enuresis, encoporesis, anxiety,
When I add this to the
( problem) child rearing books, I see a kid that may have been very precocious.
I could absolutely see an impulsive action that caused injury but was stuck the rest of the details. They seemed too brutal to be inflicted by the boy but I don't believe the parents would SA her. After seeing Kolars interview, I could go all in on following the logic and seeing that possibly that there was some psycopathy there. I really started to hone in on Patsys interviews and started seeing her differently. I saw her as fierce, believable when she was emphatic that she did not kill her child. Now, had she been guilty, wouldn't it benefited her more to be the crying devastated mother? Instead she was a tiger. .Tiger mom protecting her cub perhaps? I think JR was in on the ransom note. The "don't grow a brain John" are nothing more than red herrings trying distance the writer(Patsy) from the subject.
This is a freeflowing train of thought trying to piece so many clues and questions.
I do not claim to know who killed JBR and can only speculate on what I have read about

I've been here forever and I have no idea what AHM stands for. :)

A former maid claimed that during the time she was employed by the family she would hear screams coming from the bathroom when Patsy would take JB in there with her after she'd had potty accidents. People put that together with the autopsy results showing damage to JB's hymen and came up with the douching theory.
The douching theory is bizarre. Patsy would have had to be unhinged to think douching which used to be done to cleanse the vag canal had any purposeful use in a child peeing her pants. If she was making her cry, that's terrible. I can say that my experience with many kids in a clinical setting, is that some will cry and scream when you put a pulse ox on their finger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back