Anna Christian Waters (Missing 1/16/1973 from Half Moon Bay, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Doogie said:
Another interesting tidbit from the "Box from Hell": I found a medical invoice for George Brody dated 1980 (six years after the photos that have been posted) where he claims that his birthyear is 1935 (not the previously noted 1925, which was ridiculous itself). The invoice actually states "45, M, 8/15/35" meaning a 45 year old man whose birthday is 8/15/1935. This crazy old coot lied about his age more than a aging Hollywood actress.

Dr.D. check that invoice pretty closely. The birthdate could either be an error or deliberate. If there was embarassment or anxiety tied to the appointment, he could have lied about his info deliberately. So look for any diagnosis on there, and look for any tests run during the visit.

PonderingThings said:
ncmc601935e1.jpg

Different age progression - from
http://www.missingchildreninternational.org/cases/waters-anna-christian/
Pondering: The International site is definitely something new to me. I contacted the California Amended Name site and received the following reply:
"WATERS ANNA C 1967 09 25 BENEDICT FEMALE SAN FRANCISCO Has anyone ever sent for her birth certificate recently to see if it is sealed or open? If they send you a copy then it was never formally sealed, or had a replacement for the birth certificate." I'm not sure I understand this, but I am sending for the birth certificate anyway. I think it means that if I can get a copy of the birth certificate, a LEGAL name change or adoption has never been made. Of course, that doesn't rule out falsified documents, which I understand are not difficult to obtain through underground sources (sorry, my only reference is television, but my husband's passport was stolen a couple of years ago, so I think things like this go on in the real world.

Annasmom said:
Pondering: The International site is definitely something new to me. I contacted the California Amended Name site and received the following reply:
"WATERS ANNA C 1967 09 25 BENEDICT FEMALE SAN FRANCISCO Has anyone ever sent for her birth certificate recently to see if it is sealed or open? If they send you a copy then it was never formally sealed, or had a replacement for the birth certificate." I'm not sure I understand this, but I am sending for the birth certificate anyway. I think it means that if I can get a copy of the birth certificate, a LEGAL name change or adoption has never been made. Of course, that doesn't rule out falsified documents, which I understand are not difficult to obtain through underground sources (sorry, my only reference is television, but my husband's passport was stolen a couple of years ago, so I think things like this go on in the real world.
Annasmom, as a DMV employee, I can tell you this does indeed go on, 9/11 hasn't slowed down identity theft it has just forced birth certifiicate and document forgers to get better at their trades. The demand has always been there as long as their have been crooks and con artists and sadly, there is always going to be someone on the other side of the counter that is willing to let a document or two slip through for a pay off.

Anna's Mom you logic makes perfect sense to me - unfortunately I don't know anything about birth certificate access.

Since the international site is new to you.... what do you think of the age progression?

PonderingThings said:
Anna's Mom you logic makes perfect sense to me - unfortunately I don't know anything about birth certificate access.

Since the international site is new to you.... what do you think of the age progression?
Hi, Pondering. The age progression seems to be one which the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children did a few years ago. I would be fascinated to learn how they do this. They used family photographs, but their software probably is based on typical growth patterns, using mathematical formulas. Just looking at family resemblances on both sides, I would think Anna's nose would be thinner, her brow somewhat higher and her head longer. Her hair might be darker, and she might wear glasses. Also, that business of the mole in the wrong place persists. She had a mole on her right upper cheekbone, not on the left jaw. That said, it seems almost miraculous that they can take a photograph of a five-year-old child and make it into a believable picture of a woman in her thirties!

ok i was looking at the timeline and have read the manuscript. and one thing that i dont know if it was discused or not is annasmom do you remember what she was saying when you heard the noises? the possible talking to the cats? if the georges were involved do you think they could have snuck in from the back and she was talking to them?

Every time I see an updated picture of Anna I am in awe. These last two are fantastic. This is very different than I had imagined Anna in her HS years. She is so beautiful.

But..... oh, and of course there is a but...... I had to pull out my old HS yr books. Could only find 81-82-83, could not find 84. My sisters should have 85 through 88. To check "the hair"...... It's hard for me to tell from this photo, whether this looks like naturally wavy hair, or the spiral perms, which were not "in" for our age group until the mid 90's.

In early 80's Anna would have attended, either fall of 81/82 and graduated 85/86. (Im going to guess 86, or maybe even 87 considering KG is not legally mandatory in many area's, and it is possible Anna skipped KG entirely starting 1st fall of 75. )

Early 80's through 84, my graduation year, we all still wore "feathered" hair. I noticed the girls with naturally curly hair, usually wore bangs or short feathered bangs, the rest left curly or curled under bangs. 85-87 still some of the same, and the girls started wearing the shorter feathers on the sides, just covering the ear's longer in the back. Plus some of the princess Di hair styles. It wasn't until the late 80's "big hair" was in..... and the early to mid 90's with the spiral perms and of course some of that colored punk.... here and there.

The hair kind of threw me off, and my first thought was the mid 90's spiral, so I confirmed with a life long friend who is a beautician, I had my years right for the varying 80's styles.

The face, tan, makeup age...... etc. Totally Awesome! as we said back in the 80's.

This is great! Has Annasmom seen this picture yet?

This was my first thought too. My second thought was if she were my daughter, she would not be allowed "out" till she turned 50. :waitasec: No wonder she's so hard to find!

LOL! How true! LOL!

Seriously, I really hope this helps in the search... someone has to recognize her somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500