Anna Christian Waters (Missing 1/16/1973 from Half Moon Bay, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, Shadow... they were divorced in 1988.

Rex K Cly abt 1958 Delia C [Cly] 23 Sep 1988* Upshur
* date of divorce

Records pulled from Ancestry.com

A follower of the website who has not been able to register (more registration problems!) sent me some info that shows that Delia may be living in Arizona. I am forwarding the info to Shadow205 who is spearheading the effort to locate her on the "Who is Delia Cly?" thread.

Dr. Doogie said:
A follower of the website who has not been able to register (more registration problems!) sent me some info that shows that Delia may be living in Arizona. I am forwarding the info to Shadow205 who is spearheading the effort to locate her on the "Who is Delia Cly?" thread.
Delia Cly

http://tinyurl.com/hsvfl

Dr. Doogie I know you've checked out a lot of "Anna Waters" but on the U.S. People search site there are a number of possible Anna Waters that are the right age. There is one who lives in Knightsen, CA and another who lives in Laguna Hills, CA, both are "around" 38. There are others that live in Texas, and other States.

Have these people been checked out? I'm thinking if Anna was placed by her father, but not adopted out, perhaps she kept her original name?

mysteriew said:
It looks as though there are 2 Delia Clys. One is Delia C. and one Delia R. Right?
And on the bottom of that, it looks as though Tx Delia may be registered at reunion.com
It actually looks like there are three Delia Clys (Ages 25, 41 and 62) The one aged 41 would be the one we are looking for. (P.S. How many "Delia Clys" would you have guessed existed in the U.S.? I would have guessed no more than one.)

Shadow205 has sent the correct Delia an email plus left messages on her answering machine. He should be hearing back shortly.

PonderingThings said:
Dr. Doogie I know you've checked out a lot of "Anna Waters" but on the U.S. People search site there are a number of possible Anna Waters that are the right age. There is one who lives in Knightsen, CA and another who lives in Laguna Hills, CA, both are "around" 38. There are others that live in Texas, and other States.

Have these people been checked out? I'm thinking if Anna was placed by her father, but not adopted out, perhaps she kept her original name?
PT: Please PM me any info you have on these AW's. I do not think that I have looked at them before. Thanks!

Shadowangel posted the following on the Delia Cly thread:

I have just spent about 2 hours talking with Delia. She was able to clear up some things but has many unanswered questions herself. She is searching for answers. She has memories that she believes are of her life with her "real family", life before Jessie Ray. In the article that I posted at the beginning of this thread where she is telling of her memories, of the orchards, a little girl who always wore dresses, a little brother, a dog ect. Those are all what she believes to be memories with her real family.

I have so much to post and will get it all sorted out as fast as I can. Delia, wants our help. She is convinced that she is not the biological child of Jessie Ray.

He also stated that she is attempting to join Ws.com, but is having registration issues (sound familar?). Once she is succesful at joining, we can ask her the questions that relate to Anna's case.

That's very good news, Dr. Doogie.

I think you inadvertently referred to the person who talked to her as ShadowAngel, but I believe it was probably Shadow205, and I think they're two different posters.

What I would like to do is get Delia's story written in a cohesive way while also including some of the key search words used when searching for missing children. "Missing" would be one of the main search words that was missing (sorry!) from her original story. Anyone looking for their child would probably put that word in their search engine. She did have some of the key elements, like brown hair and brown eyes, but many other things were missing. For instance, her story was undated, so nobody really knows when she might have been 41. Was that story from last month, or two years ago? Anyway, those are the kinds of things that I think need to be in her story in its final form.

I look forward to Delia joining us in our quest to find her family of origin.

HeartofTexas said:
I think you inadvertently referred to the person who talked to her as ShadowAngel, but I believe it was probably Shadow205, and I think they're two different posters.
Oops. It was shadow205 ( a woman), not shadowangel (a man). I was all discombobuated!
:loser:

HeartofTexas said:
What I would like to do is get Delia's story written in a cohesive way while also including some of the key search words used when searching for missing children. "Missing" would be one of the main search words that was missing (sorry!) from her original story. Anyone looking for their child would probably put that word in their search engine. She did have some of the key elements, like brown hair and brown eyes, but many other things were missing. For instance, her story was undated, so nobody really knows when she might have been 41. Was that story from last month, or two years ago? Anyway, those are the kinds of things that I think need to be in her story in its final form.

I look forward to Delia joining us in our quest to find her family of origin.
I sent an email to Delia today and am awaiting some answers to those questions that pertain to Anna. My thanks goes out to Shadowangel..no, shadow205..ah, heck. I give up!

Dr Doogie, do Annas family think it is a possibity? I noticed her child photo seemed to have a mole where Anna did.The grown photos seemed not to have that.

HeartofTexas your mention of "keyword searches" are important. I noticed, while searching internet archives (usenet) for example, the word "abducted" was rarely used in the past, it was more "kidnapped" or "stolen". "Abducted" seems to have come into "vogue" just in the the last 3-4 years (although it was used occaisionally before).

Pondering, I've found the exact same thing. Abducted is rarely used. When I've done searches on Anna, I've used so many different combos of words that it's mind-boggling. I used "in search of", "searching for", "looking for", etc. Then there's "who" they're looking for... birthparents, family, birth parents, mother, etc. When they were born is disguised under "DOB", "born", etc., and the dates of birth are done in so many different ways (1/1/2001, 1-1-2001, 1-1-01, January 1, 2001) that it's difficult to figure out what way they might have used. I truly wish that all missing children's sites used a standard format/language that would make searching them a little easier.

For what it's worth, Itsreenw did some excellent research on Delia Cly and her "family" (i.e., Jessie Ray Davis and his offspring), and the birth year for Annie K. is the same as Anna's:

There's a record of Annie Kay's birth...but that's the only child I can find that was born to the couple.
Annie Kay:
X X Davis, Annie Kay - WAS BORN ON 03/06/1967 IN Gregg County, TX
X X TO Welty, Abbie Isabell AND Davis, Jessie Ray
X X

HeartofTexas said:
For what it's worth, Itsreenw did some excellent research on Delia Cly and her "family" (i.e., Jessie Ray Davis and his offspring), and the birth year for Annie K. is the same as Anna's:
Very interesting. This is one of the questions that I have posed to Delia: her "father" was said to have "stolen" a child (whom Delia believes is her) - is it possible that other of her siblings were also stolen. If so, then the facts that Delia's family lived in Modesto, CA for a time (2-3 hours from HMB) and that they also seemed to have lived in Washington state (green and white license plate?) become extremely important. I definitely want to talk with this woman!

Becba said:
Dr Doogie, do Annas family think it is a possibity? I noticed her child photo seemed to have a mole where Anna did.The grown photos seemed not to have that.
Based on the dates mentioned by Delia (she was with her new family in Denver, attending second grade in 1971), I do not think that she is Anna. As you can see from my previous post, what we are exploring is whether any of her other siblings might be Anna (Annie Kay?). I have sent Delia links to the posted photos of Anna to see if she may look like any of her "sisters".

I doubt it will turn up anything, but I just finished writing an email to Ann Rule asking her if she recalls a missing persons case from the early 70's involving a young girl (ages 5-6-7) being kidnapped, possibly from an apple orchard farm. She's lived in Washington state for eons and was in law enforcement around that time so maybe she has a memory that will help Delia. I'll let everyone know if and when I hear back from her.

Websleuths, I haven't posted anything for a while, so I want you to know that I check in several times a day to see what you're tracking and that I am awed by your research. Thank you.

I spoke to Delia on the phone today. She said the photos of Anna that I sent were inconclusive as far as a match with any of her "sisters". She is going to email me some pictures of a family member in the next few days that I will compare to Anna and make some determination if this is a match.

Anna's Mom I feel compelled to tell you about this story.

This woman found her son, who had been abducted by his father at 3 yrs of age, on the internet. The abduction happened in 1964!!!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36916

Just pointing out that it DOES happen. Her internet sleuthing techniques are some of the same that we have done/are doing in the search for Anna.

Also the father maintained that his mother was dead, so he never went looking for his family (which includes older siblings).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500