Another Pit Bull Attack

yeah thanks.i kinda just didnt think about it i just did.couldnt just stand there.just thankfull my lil guy was ok

I hate those dogs with a passion.Heres why. A couple years ago one saturday night.i was taking my dog out to our front yeard.and before i opened the door all the way.this huge pitbull just barges in my house and starts ataccking my dog.btw my dog at the time was just barely a yaer old and not very big.anywys this monster dog just starts chasing my dog all over my kitchen.biting him but he keeps slipping off cuz of my dogs fur.so while i am trying to stop this.still in shock kinda .cus it was so sudden.my dog runs outside and runs under a car.while this dog doesnt stop hes trying his best to pull my dog out.mind you his owners are just standing there just yelling for it to stop not really doing nothing.so when i get there i drop to the ground and start attacking that dog with all my might .hitting it with all i had.it was screaming but didnt stop.so i keep hiting it.and then i stuck my thumb in its eye.man it howled so bad and finally ran off.it was so crazy and unexpected.we were lucky my dog didnt get hurt.he just got a lil scrape under his chin from going under the car. thats why i hate those things.i think anyone who has one is compensating for somthing.
Plasma...you have just posted a story which would be my worse nightmare....we have one living up the road from us and I have nightmares of what it could do to my Lab if it escaped its yard,.....Im so pleased your dog came out of this fine.

Port St. Lucie,Fla.--A woman who adopted a 3 year old Chow-Shepard mix dog just three weeks ago had her nose bitten off while petting the dog--The woman,in her mid '40's,was flown to the hospital in serious condition--PSL animal control supervisor says Chows like Akitas have reputations as "fear biters'--

Well, here in Minnesota this one's the third pit bull attack in a month or so. My secretary's neighbor just took in a year old pit bull. It has already attacked my secretary's boxer puppy. She has two little ones. I am so tired of these stories. My dad's a vet and I used to hear him talking about breeds and how some breeds have just been just ruined. He used to say never trust a pit, a rott or a chow. My brother got a chow against his advice and was sorry. I know there are exceptions, but these dogs, I would never TRUST. Every one that attacks has a first time, and people say "He's never done anything before!" Well, helllllllo! Pits even turn on their owners. Not typical of a canine. Pits can do lethal damage. I am appalled how utterly stupid some people are in regard to these dogs.

Eve

Port St. Lucie,Fla.--A woman who adopted a 3 year old Chow-Shepard mix dog just three weeks ago had her nose bitten off while petting the dog--The woman,in her mid '40's,was flown to the hospital in serious condition--PSL animal control supervisor says Chows like Akitas have reputations as "fear biters'--
Yes, these chows and akitas can be real trouble we were just talking about this on another thread.

Here's an update--the woman was actually much more severely injured than previously reported--Virtually her entire face was torn off--Doctors said it was like a horror movie--She underwent 8 hours of surgery and faces three more operations--the poor thing---the only good thing about this is that she just got health insurance for the first time just two days before the attack

Here's an update--the woman was actually much more severely injured than previously reported--Virtually her entire face was torn off--Doctors said it was like a horror movie--She underwent 8 hours of surgery and faces three more operations--the poor thing---the only good thing about this is that she just got health insurance for the first time just two days before the attack
So sad. My dad was a plastic surgeon, as I have mentioned a million times, and he had to deal with this type of surgery regularly and often. He specialized in reconstructive surgery. It was mostly dobie attacks back then.

I hate those dogs with a passion.Heres why. A couple years ago one saturday night.i was taking my dog out to our front yeard.and before i opened the door all the way.this huge pitbull just barges in my house and starts ataccking my dog.btw my dog at the time was just barely a yaer old and not very big.anywys this monster dog just starts chasing my dog all over my kitchen.biting him but he keeps slipping off cuz of my dogs fur.so while i am trying to stop this.still in shock kinda .cus it was so sudden.my dog runs outside and runs under a car.while this dog doesnt stop hes trying his best to pull my dog out.mind you his owners are just standing there just yelling for it to stop not really doing nothing.so when i get there i drop to the ground and start attacking that dog with all my might .hitting it with all i had.it was screaming but didnt stop.so i keep hiting it.and then i stuck my thumb in its eye.man it howled so bad and finally ran off.it was so crazy and unexpected.we were lucky my dog didnt get hurt.he just got a lil scrape under his chin from going under the car. thats why i hate those things.i think anyone who has one is compensating for somthing.

And then I should guess that if it had been lets say a Lab you would hate them too.

My 14 yr old cat (lived with my GermanShepherdDog the last 6 yr of her life) was killed by 2 dogs:(
It was the strangest day, I had never seen these dogs before, however, dogs attacking an animal is different than attacking a human, I think its more prey drive. My 90# GSD is fine with cats but he was raised with one. He likes the chase but then again, its prey drive kicking in which Ive REALLY worked on.
I am not sure about Pitbulls, I think people have ruined the breed.....I have a very old pic of my Grandmother and her friend standing in the garden with my Mom as a baby, there is a Pitbull in the pic and they have a baby bonnet on it! Remember the dog in Our Gang shows? He was a pitbull. So, I think they used to be stable dogs.
Ive never been bit or attacked by a dog, that must be horrible, that poor woman:(
One of the worst cases I ever read about was the 2 boys killed by the Rottweilers, they were shot once they caught them and I agree, running looose in a pack was VERY DANGEROUS. Well another case was the one out in California with the presa Canaria (sp) killing the woman in her own apt building. If you cant handle/control a big dog, dont get one!

Plasma...you have just posted a story which would be my worse nightmare....we have one living up the road from us and I have nightmares of what it could do to my Lab if it escaped its yard,.....Im so pleased your dog came out of this fine.

We have so many stray dogs in this area, pit's and others, that we take no chances with Casey and Sadie- our entire yard is chain link fenced and is secured with small picket electric fencing just in case they get through the chain link one.

I'd be scared to death if I had a situation like Plasma did!

My 14 yr old cat (lived with my GermanShepherdDog the last 6 yr of her life) was killed by 2 dogs:(
It was the strangest day, I had never seen these dogs before, however, dogs attacking an animal is different than attacking a human, I think its more prey drive. My 90# GSD is fine with cats but he was raised with one. He likes the chase but then again, its prey drive kicking in which Ive REALLY worked on.
I am not sure about Pitbulls, I think people have ruined the breed.....I have a very old pic of my Grandmother and her friend standing in the garden with my Mom as a baby, there is a Pitbull in the pic and they have a baby bonnet on it! Remember the dog in Our Gang shows? He was a pitbull. So, I think they used to be stable dogs.
Ive never been bit or attacked by a dog, that must be horrible, that poor woman:(
One of the worst cases I ever read about was the 2 boys killed by the Rottweilers, they were shot once they caught them and I agree, running looose in a pack was VERY DANGEROUS. Well another case was the one out in California with the presa Canaria (sp) killing the woman in her own apt building. If you cant handle/control a big dog, dont get one!

I am so sorry about your cat- the exact same thing happened just recently to a poster here-SissysMom- here's the link to the thread where we all posted and tried to help Sissy come to grips with what happened-

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48121

Nancy Grace today had a segment on pit bulls, brutal attack on this poor mailman,got ripped up by the dog for four long minutes--the dog wil be destroyed--mail carriers are allowed to sue any homeowner for dogbites suffered on the job

There was an article just yesterday in our local, small town paper. A couple's pit bull had a seizure of some kind. During the seizure the husband tried to calm the dog and it freaked out and bit his arm and he had to pry it off his arm. It was going crazy and they had to lock themselves in the bedroom and call 911. The fire dept used a ladder to get the keys to the house from them so animal control could come in and take their dog. It was slamming itself against the bedroom door, like Cujo, trying to get at them. Unfortunately the story got really ugly because the animal control officer didn't have tranquilizers and she had the police taser the dog and then she injured the dog with the noose-stick thing and now the owners are pi$$ed. They ended up having to have the dog put down, but they're threatening to sue animal control?? It was a very scary situation and they said the dog had always been a sweet thing, like their child, even slept in their room. But this seizure made it go crazy.
My nephew has a very sweet pit bull, but I think that there is just a potential for more damage from a dog like that than from a regular mutt. I was bitten by two dogs when I was working at a customer's house, they were mutts, shepard mix and a terrier mix. If they had been pits, I would have had the owner lock them in the garage while I worked, but since they were just mutts, I let my guard down and got bit. Fortunately just a few puntures, nothing serious. I would never let my guard down around a pit bull that I didn't know realy well.

Narla: thanks, it was one of the worst days of my life:(

If I get another Kitty, Im going to keep it inside. This one, she loved going outside, I had just let her out that morning. I woulve let my Shepherd out to take care but there were 2, I just stodd there screaming at them, the one let go but the other didnt. Actually, my Shepherd is the one who let me know, he was barking like crazy, he has 2 different kind of barks, one when he is really MAD and then a nonsense bark, he did the mad one so I came out to see what was going on. UG, took me at least 2 mo to get it out of my mind, it was horrifying. I think she was sleeping when they grabbed her:(

Narla: thanks, it was one of the worst days of my life:(

If I get another Kitty, Im going to keep it inside. This one, she loved going outside, I had just let her out that morning. I woulve let my Shepherd out to take care but there were 2, I just stodd there screaming at them, the one let go but the other didnt. Actually, my Shepherd is the one who let me know, he was barking like crazy, he has 2 different kind of barks, one when he is really MAD and then a nonsense bark, he did the mad one so I came out to see what was going on. UG, took me at least 2 mo to get it out of my mind, it was horrifying. I think she was sleeping when they grabbed her:(

Oh my gosh, this would be beyond awful, I'm so sorry this happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back