Another Pit Bull Attack

It sure is! They should be charged as if they turned a gun on someone and shot them dead, too. If we cannot ban the animals...let us go after the owners with a vengence. I am all for making the owners responsible in such a way that they have to risk going to prison if they are willing to keep them and if their animals kill another human being.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I agree with what SS posted..

If I owned a lion and it got out and harmed someone you bet your butt I would be charged.
I don't understand why the same rule does not apply to the equally dangerous pitbull?

It sure is! They should be charged as if they turned a gun on someone and shot them dead, too. If we cannot ban the animals...let us go after the owners with a vengence. I am all for making the owners responsible in such a way that they have to risk going to prison if they are willing to keep them and if their animals kill another human being.

I agree, there is another thread on this and I'll say what I said there....if someone owns a 'dangerous' breed and it hurts or kills someone due to the owners neglect that is the same as a weapon and we put the dog down and the damn owner. Society will not miss those dumbasses who have no respect for the law and other people.

I agree with what SS posted..

If I owned a lion and it got out and harmed someone you bet your butt I would be charged.
I don't understand why the same rule does not apply to the equally dangerous pitbull?

Bottom line is the owner should be charged NO MATTER what kind of dog it is.

I have a Rottie and Pit, if my Pit gets out and hurts someone I should be charged but if my Rottie does I shouldn't?

What about the GS next door? Or the Akita mix down the street? Or the Dobie on the next block?

See my point? Those dogs are just as capable of inflicting harm or death as my Pit, some are even more likely to do so. In my opinion, if you own a dog of ANY breed, you CHOOSE to take on the responsibility for any actions it takes, whether it be by your own negligence or a chance encounter.

Bottom line is the owner should be charged NO MATTER what kind of dog it is.

I have a Rottie and Pit, if my Pit gets out and hurts someone I should be charged but if my Rottie does I shouldn't?

What about the GS next door? Or the Akita mix down the street? Or the Dobie on the next block?

See my point? Those dogs are just as capable of inflicting harm or death as my Pit, some are even more likely to do so. In my opinion, if you own a dog of ANY breed, you CHOOSE to take on the responsibility for any actions it takes, whether it be by your own negligence or a chance encounter.

Very well said.

I have been around lots of dogs my whole life and the only dogs I have ever been bitten by were: chihuaua (sp?) pomeranian and my cousins poodle tried to take a chunk out of me. My DH was bitten by a boston terrier. Those little guys have big personalities. :D

Very well said.

I have been around lots of dogs my whole life and the only dogs I have ever been bitten by were: chihuaua (sp?) pomeranian and my cousins poodle tried to take a chunk out of me. My DH was bitten by a boston terrier. Those little guys have big personalities. :D

I was bitten by a little Yorkie. I have heard before that small terriers have the worst temperaments. No link, rumor only.

I was bitten by a little Yorkie. I have heard before that small terriers have the worst temperaments. No link, rumor only.

I used to have a female Pit and we had to live at my Mom's for awhile while our house was being built. Her Yorkie would attack my female Pit every chance he got. He never bothered my male rott unless he tried to butt in but he absolutely despised my Pit.

Good thing for him she was 15 and couldn't see so well. She had no clue what that little thing throwing himself at her even was! LOL

On my walk the other day two leashed and muzzled pits got aggressive with my miniature poodle. He didn't have a clue - was ready to play. Boy did I make tracks. Certain breeds have certain propensities and also a higher capcity to inflict harm. They can't help it, but I am alarmed at how many ignorant pit owners I see. Thank God these were leashed and muzzled. I was still scared though. And yes, they always say, "my pit wouldn't ever bite - often just before their pit snaps and attacks them.

Eve

We had a pack of wild dogs in the area where I live. Not one was a pit, but they killed none the less.

When you get several dogs together I don't care what breed they are, there is the potential for them to pack and hunt and kill together.

BTW the one dog I saw on the news didn't look like a pit, it looked like a large Boston Terrier...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back